Mike Leach not eligible for College Footbal Hall of Fame

2,923 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bosco
Dad-O-Lot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hall of Fame makes decision about Mike Leach

3 criteria needed

100+ games
10 + years
.600 record.

He is literally 1 game short of hitting .600.

But his career record in that time was 158 wins against 107 losses a .596 winning percentage, just .004 percent away from the mark he needs to be eligible for the Hall of Fame.

158/265 = .596
159/265 = .600

Some team needs to retroactively forfeit a meaningless game to give him that one more win.

The Pirate should be in the College Football Hall of Fame.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Raiderjay
That sucks, and that he was cut shorty only by illness....

Outside of wins with all he did for the game he should get in.....
Texas velvet maestro
Raiderjay said:

His impact is undeniable. He deserves The Hall

What was his "illness" btw??
Decay
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Raiderjay said:

His impact is undeniable. He deserves The Hall

What was his "illness" btw??

Death?
Big 12-0
12-0's Mike Leach Story

When my kids were young, we'd take them to the Red Raider meet-and-greet. Ever year after the annual team photo was taken, they'd let folks on the field to visit with players and coaches afterwards. Leach had a table at one goalpost and a line stretched around the other goalpost for kids to get an autograph and visit. We got in line, and since the wait was long and tedious for the kids, my wife waited while the kids and I tossed a souvenir mini-football around to pass the time. About thirty minutes later I see my wife's close to the table so I tell the kids to head over to her. I stay back about ten yards from the table; this event's really for the kids and didn't want to take up more of his time. As Leach shakes their hands and visits with my wife, I notice Leach keep looking my way. Unbeknownst to me, my wife's telling him how I've been a Red Raider fan as a kid and went to almost every home game since I was little. Not knowing their discussion, I'm startled when Leach stands up and walks over to me and offers his hand. We talk a little football and he thanks me for the support before he walks back over and sits down at the table.

I dunno, kind of neat.
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

12-0's Mike Leach Story

When my kids were young, we'd take them to the Red Raider meet-and-greet. Ever year after the annual team photo was taken, they'd let folks on the field to visit with players and coaches afterwards. Leach had a table at one goalpost and a line stretched around the other goalpost for kids to get an autograph and visit. We got in line, and since the wait was long and tedious for the kids, my wife waited while the kids and I tossed a souvenir mini-football around to pass the time. About thirty minutes later I see my wife's close to the table so I tell the kids to head over to her. I stay back about ten yards from the table; this event's really for the kids and didn't want to take up more of his time. As Leach shakes their hands and visits with my wife, I notice Leach keep looking my way. Unbeknownst to me, my wife's telling him how I've been a Red Raider fan as a kid and went to almost every home game since I was little. Not knowing their discussion, I'm startled when Leach stands up and walks over to me and offers his hand. We talk a little football and he thanks me for the support before he walks back over and sits down at the table.

I dunno, kind of neat.
Coach Leach might have been the lucky one, getting a chance to talk Xs and Os with a football mind like you.
and he visited w your wife you say?
Big 12-0
Texas velvet maestro said:

Coach Leach might have been the lucky one, getting a chance to talk Xs and Os with a football mind like you.
and he visited w your wife you say?
Indeed, he visited with MY WIFE!

In regards to Xs and Os, I suggested he throw the ball around more.
BigSneezy
Dad-O-Lot said:

Hall of Fame makes decision about Mike Leach

3 criteria needed

100+ games
10 + years
.600 record.

He is literally 1 game short of hitting .600.

But his career record in that time was 158 wins against 107 losses a .596 winning percentage, just .004 percent away from the mark he needs to be eligible for the Hall of Fame.

158/265 = .596
159/265 = .600

Some team needs to retroactively forfeit a meaningless game to give him that one more win.

The Pirate should be in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Actually have A&M do it. It would be seen as a. Extremely classy thing to do. And history would see it for what it was.
vin1041
AG
That's a shame. Coach Leach should be in the hall of fame.
BohunkAg
AG
Big 12-0 said:

12-0's Mike Leach Story

I dunno, kind of neat.
Did you try to grab his c-ck?
Texas velvet maestro
BohunkAg said:

Big 12-0 said:

12-0's Mike Leach Story

I dunno, kind of neat.
We talk a little football and he thanks me for the support ....
Big 12-0
BigSneezy said:

Actually have A&M do it. It would be seen as a. Extremely classy thing to do. And history would see it for what it was.

Would be a nice gesture, but the Aggies were more than generous with the "W's" they gave to Coach.
WC94
AG
The standard is the standard. Like me some Pirate, but no.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Was it in the famous shed, in the dark?
Bosco
AG
BohunkAg said:

Big 12-0 said:

12-0's Mike Leach Story

I dunno, kind of neat.

Guarantee you he mentioned Texas A&M at least six times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.