International Olympic Committee Group Recommends Big12 City For Winter Games

2,810 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by McInnis80
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.fox13now.com/news/2034-slc-winter-games/ioc-future-host-commission-formally-recommends-salt-lake-city-for-2034-olympics

Imagine the 2034 Olympic Winter Games being opened and closed in a Big12 stadium with the entire world watching! That's going to happen because:
" The International Olympic Committee's Future Host Commission has officially recommended Salt Lake City be selected to stage the 2034 Winter Games."

" At a news conference Wednesday in Lausanne, Switzerland, commission chair Karl Stoss made the announcement.

The move cements what Utah leaders suspected when the commission left our state after visiting venues as part of their site selection process they were impressed with Salt Lake City, Park City and surrounding areas.

"I think Salt Lake City would be ready to start the Olympic Games tomorrow," Stoss told reporters."

///

Friends, we are talking the world stage for Big 12 culture to be on display here! Not some backside-of-Mississippi or the Very Low Country. Not a stop on the interstate at a Waffle House on the way to some southern rural campus, but a chance for the world to view academic, research and and athletic excellence which will differentiate the Big 12 from any other conference!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
maroon barchetta
This is your biggest reach yet.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL!! You are giving the little guy and the cougar high guy a run for their money in the hyperbole and things I say I don't even believe department. Golf clap for you sir!
Big 12-0
This. Is. AWESOME!
Texas velvet maestro
You start a lot of threads, and your cheap shots at Waffle House are really getting old. You appear to think it's a zero sum game.

You really seem determined to elevate the new Big 12 above Waffle House, and I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears. America prefers Waffle House.
UTExan
Texas velvet maestro said:

You start a lot of threads, and your cheap shots at Waffle House are really getting old. You appear to think it's a zero sum game.

You really seem determined to elevate the new Big 12 above Waffle House, and I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears. America prefers Waffle House.

Waffle House vs hosting Olympic Games. Meanwhile, the SEC hosts the …Ozempic Games. Especially with that Waffle House gourmet menu!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
Waffle House (over 1000 locations) > new Big 12

I don't have a dog in the fight, but this seems pretty obvious.
UTExan
Yes, and high diabetes rates. If General Sherman had owned Waffle House, this would be genocide against southerners. Only hope is Ozempic, hence, Ozempic Games.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I think you misspelled Chick-Fil-A
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Yes, and high diabetes rates. If General Sherman had owned Waffle House, this would be genocide against southerners. Only hope is Ozempic, hence, Ozempic Games.

are you kamala harris's speech writer? how come nobody in "the 12" wants to talk football?
TXAGBQ76
AG
I think you know…
UTExan
Texas velvet maestro said:

UTExan said:

are you kamala harris's speech writer? how come nobody in "the 12" wants to talk football?

Because the football talking is all bovine fecal matter.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wow, you said out loud what everyone has always thought about bdf football. How brave of you to come out like that!
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Wow, you said out loud what everyone has always thought about bdf football. How brave of you to come out like that!

Indeed!
We celebrate the past achievements of conference members and look forward to future accomplishments!

Not resting on past laurels at all, but fully present.

Threw in the gratuitous "bovine" reference apropos of Velvet Mustard, er Maestro.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nice try, you said talking football was bs- we all agree bdf football is bs.
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Nice try, you said talking football was bs- we all agree bdf football is bs.

Well, you said that, not me.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Are you UTExan? Here is a quote you made"… Because the football talking is all bovine fecal matter…".
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Are you UTExan? Here is a quote you made"… Because the football talking is all bovine fecal matter…".

Note the "football talking" part?
The last couple of times A&M has visited the state of Utah, Aggies have lost. HTH.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Thought you were focused on the future? Dude, you are all over the map!

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason your Utes or BYU shouldn't win the BDF every year.

By the way, yep we list BYU and you guys in Utah, we beat you guys in CS. We pounded BYU in the Liberty Biwl like 65-13, they had no answer for our speed. It was great because they shined all week about having to play the third place SWC team. Edward's was pissed we didn't call the dogs off- which ironic because he made a living up really bad WAC teams and running up the score.
TXAGBQ76
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason your Utes or BYU shouldn't win the BDF every year.

By the way, yep we lost BYU and you guys in Utah, we beat you guys in CS. We pounded BYU in the Liberty Biwl like 65-13, they had no answer for our speed. It was great because they shined all week about having to play the third place SWC team. Edward's was pissed we didn't call the dogs off- which ironic because he made a living up really bad WAC teams and running up the score.
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

By the way, yep we list BYU and you guys in Utah, we beat you guys in CS. We pounded BYU in the Liberty Biwl like 65-13, they had no answer for our speed. It was great because they shined all week about having to play the third place SWC team. Edward's was pissed we didn't call the dogs off- which ironic because he made a living up really bad WAC teams and running up the score.

I was happy for that beatdown of BYU in the Holiday Bowl. But you returned to Provo and they whupped you. Then you came to Salt Lake and behold, (insert famous Torbush "Wow") GIF. I didn't want to bring that up because I know it was hurtful.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nah, I'm a big boy, win some lose some.
McInnis80
All joking aside, who were the other candidate cities? I understand Munich dropped out last time even though the IOC told them all they had to do bid.
UTExan
McInnis80 said:

All joking aside, who were the other candidate cities? I understand Munich dropped out last time even though the IOC told them all they had to do bid.

" The committee was left with only two bid cities for 2022 Beijing, China, and Almaty, Kazakhstan after financial, political and public concerns led several European contenders to drop out."

"The International Olympic Committee needs Salt Lake City a lot more than Salt Lake City needs the International Olympic Committee, or the Olympics," said Jules Boykoff, a sports and politics professor at Pacific University."
https://apnews.com/article/winter-olympics-bid-salt-lake-city-ef139e07688b4b1b388d55f1791cdee2

///
I am sure the IOC was looking forward to Kazakhstan or Beijing.
maroon barchetta
Hasn't Salt Lake hosted before?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Has the IOC cleaned up their act from the scandals a few years ago?
UTExan
maroon barchetta said:

UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Has the IOC cleaned up their act from the scandals a few years ago?
Probably not.
maroon barchetta
UTExan said:

maroon barchetta said:

I thought it was sometime during my adult years. I remember the stories of bribes and hookers and all sorts of other "benefits" for the IOC.
UTExan
maroon barchetta said:

UTExan said:

maroon barchetta said:

I thought it was sometime during my adult years. I remember the stories of bribes and hookers and all sorts of other "benefits" for the IOC.
Hey, that's why they take these Olympic committee jobs. About as corrupt as the UN.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Congrats!
According to news reports, that almost went away because the US OC's demanding to not let the Chinese swimmers who had already been caught using PEDs on a consistent basis in order to compete. China pitched a fit, the IOC caved and threatened to not award the games to SLC and then the US OC caved, probably under pressure from the SLC committee. Same ole same o as my grandad used to say.
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Congrats!
According to news reports, that almost went away because the US OC's demanding to not let the Chinese swimmers who had already been caught using PEDs on a consistent basis in order to compete. China pitched a fit, the IOC caved and threatened to not award the games to SLC and then the US OC caved, probably under pressure from the SLC committee. Same ole same o as my grandad used to say.

Typical IOC. Extortion!

Fuller story here:
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3477796/replies/68174423#68174423
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep, money always talks with those guys- over and under the table. Always extortion in play.
McInnis80
The older IOC members are still mad at Salt Lake City over the bribery scandal. They were not upset that Salt Lake bribed the IOC members, it's that they got caught. The IOC is happy to see the athletes sleep on cardboard beds while they stayed at the Ritz. They honestly believed that IOC members should be treated like ambassadors. The Olympics keeps getting bigger and bigger and they expect the host cities to build venues that will not be used after the circus leaves town.

Is the IOC as corrupt as FIFA? No, but the IOC makes the NCAA looks honest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.