Who's in the CFP?

3,022 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Texas velvet maestro
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3/4 FSU

Who's the last team?

Georgia, OSU, Alabama, or the sips?

Sips have the worst loss to #12 OU. Bama has the best win over Georgia. OSU loss was on the road at #3, now #1 Michigan.

Hard to put Alabama in over t.u. Hard to put Georgia in over Alabama. Hard to put OSU in without even winning their division. Hard to put t.u. in with the worst loss, and really only 2 big wins
chlavinka
AG
Sips had the best win … over Alabama on the road. Georgia didn't even win their conference. Sips are easily in.
DGrimesAg92
chlavinka said:

Sips had the best win … over Alabama on the road. Georgia didn't even win their conference. Sips are easily in.

We're about to find out how much "pull" Saban actually has.
kb2001
AG
chlavinka said:

Bama had the best win, they knocked off the #1 team and ended a 29-game winning streak.

Georgia made the playoff a couple years ago after losing the CCG.

I think OSU gets in, the northern bias is strong. Alabama/Georgia are probably next up, I don't think they'll give it to Bama over t.u., but t.u. just isn't the caliber of the other 3 teams, despite an early season upset over Bama.

It reminds me of the year when Baylor and TCU were left on the outside in favor of OSU. The committee knew that TCU was better than Baylor, despite having lost to them earlier in the year, but Baylor wasn't good enough to put in over either TCU or OSU.

This really just makes the argument for 8 teams even stronger. 3 Undefeated power 5 conf champs, two of the best 5 teams with only 1 loss, and 2 1-loss power 5 conference champs.
chlavinka
AG
Bama won the SEC. Bama did not beat a conference champion this year. The sips win is better. Doesn't take a rocket scientist .

All of the rest of that is gobbledydook
Dark_Knight
AG
F the tsips. Weak schedule with powderpuffs. Committee should know better than to allow another big 12 team into the playoffs again.
Big 12-0
Undefeated Conference champs:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State

One-loss Conference Champions

4. Texas (won head-to head match up with Alabama)
Alabama (lost head-to-head match up to Texas)
MelvinUdall
Dark_Knight said:

F the tsips. Weak schedule with powderpuffs. Committee should know better than to allow another big 12 team into the playoffs again.

Now you're just making s*** up.
Carlo4
AG
It will be Ohio state or Georgia.

I know the #1 and #5 teams lost, but that's not enough for the sips to leapfrog from #7 to #4.
Texas velvet maestro
Texas is the show. The people want to see the show.

Credit to Sark (redemption story) for 2 trick-play TDs in our championship game and flashing Manning twice at the end of the season.

and you haters should kiss ou's ass for even making this an issue. We whipped bama's ass in tuscaloosa and it wasn't close. and just now, we're hitting our stride.
Texas velvet maestro
and listen up you aggie peckerwoods, don't come crying to me when sarks interracial marriage is the proverbial thumb on the scale. bwahaha
Bosco
AG
Plus the embarrassing 2A protests. The media would eat that up since they love them some collectivism …..hell crown the sips now!
UTExan
Big 12-0 said:

Undefeated Conference champs:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State

One-loss Conference Champions

4. Texas (won head-to head match up with Alabama)
Alabama (lost head-to-head match up to Texas in Tuscaloosa)
FIFY.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
OMeara
Florida State doesn't belong; They are a shadow of themselves without injured QB Travis Hunter.
Humans understand this but it is hard to explain to a computer doing the rankings ......
BillYeoman
OMeara said:

Florida State doesn't belong; They are a shadow of themselves without injured QB Travis Hunter.
Humans understand this but it is hard to explain to a computer doing the rankings ......

They have one of the best defenses in the nation. Beat some solid teams in a great conference. Undefeated.
Texas velvet maestro
Texas may be the closest thing the sec has to a representative. but this is for the bdf.
fsu is limping
big 10 not an issue.
the only one I worry about is wash. the northwest pacific coast gives me the willies.
deer corn
Texas velvet maestro said:

Texas may be the closest thing the sec has to a representative. but this is for the bdf.
fsu is limping
big 10 not an issue.
the only one I worry about is wash. the northwest pacific coast gives me the willies.

How'd this work out?

Saban won't lose to sip twice.
Big 12-0
Wow, being undefeated and winning your conference championship used to mean something.

Doesn't the fact that a committee, and not a competitive contest, decides who goes to the playoffs defeat the very purpose of a sport?
Skubalon
All of college football is a phacking beauty contest. It's phooking sickening.
OMeara
"Wow, being undefeated and winning your really, really mediocre conference championship used to mean something"

FIFY
maroon barchetta
A lot of posts above need the Reed McKenzie stamp.
Texas velvet maestro
deer corn said:

fsu is limping
big 10 not an issue.

How'd this work out?

Texas shouldn't be favored against Washington. They're higher ranked and the worst matchup for us.
We've had problems against QBs on fire. The kid from oU got very hot against us. Smith at UH played the game of his life. almost won. And Wash has that NFL bound QB. He's too good. their receivers are sick. The line is 4.5 and when some announcement comes out that Worthy will start, it'll move to 5.5. Vegas just wants that Texas money.

Other than michigan, Saban is the last thing to worry about. neither of them will beat us in H-town
maroon barchetta
Ok
UTExan

deer corn said:

fsu is limping
big 10 not an issue.

How'd this work out?

Texas shouldn't be favored against Washington. They're higher ranked and the worst matchup for us.
We've had problems against QBs on fire. The kid from oU got very hot against us. Smith at UH played the game of his life. almost won. And Wash has that NFL bound QB. He's too good. their receivers are sick. The line is 4.5 and when some announcement comes out that Worthy will start, it'll move to 5.5. Vegas just wants that Texas money.

Other than michigan, Saban is the last thing to worry about. neither of them will beat us in H-town

Why anybody could see that Texas will run over Washington, which only had to play weak PAC 12 teams like USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State and Utah. Surely you're picking Texas by 28?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Why anybody could see that Texas will run over Washington, which only had to play weak PAC 12 teams like USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State and Utah. Surely you're picking Texas by 28?
a lot of wasted sarcasm to say that you agree w me.

of course beating the utes is no great shakes. poor injured babies that they are. a bowl in vegas? thought you lds boys only went to vegas to count money for the mob. womp womp
Chips2003
AG
Quote:

Uh... do you know Saban's record in revenge games?
BillYeoman

deer corn said:

fsu is limping
big 10 not an issue.

How'd this work out?

I might be the only one to think FSU should be there instead of Michigan.

Michigan got destroyed by TCU last year.
UTExan

UTExan said:

a lot of wasted sarcasm to say that you agree w me.

of course beating the utes is no great shakes. poor injured babies that they are. a bowl in vegas? thought you lds boys only went to vegas to count money for the mob. womp womp

Vegas is just down the road on I 15. And a weekend getaway as well for us Utahans. We'll show up in force. But "lds boys"?
Rongagin71
AG
Copied from TexAgs premium football forum...

Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Vegas is just down the road on I 15. And a weekend getaway as well for us Utahans. We'll show up in force. But "lds boys"?
just the swinging nomenclature of Frankie and Deano common to Sin City re the only ones Howard Hughes really trusted.
Texas velvet maestro
Chips2003 said:

Quote:

Uh... do you know Saban's record in revenge games?
should I check out madeupstatistics.com?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.