Red Raiders come up short in Austin

5,398 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Big 12-0
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to the Horns, they came to play!

Now the Red Raiders gotta get ready for that Too Super Duper Sweet Bowl Game!

Stay tuned…
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol....don't be so sure
BQ78
AG
If by short you mean Peter Dinklage, you are exaggerating Tech's effort.
Lurch
AG
*****n's back up's we're gashing Tceh. Joey gave a little more than a manly hug imho to Sark. Probably thanking him for going to a real conference and leaving the rejects to have a panty fight over who will be their "champion ".
UTExan
As Kaiser Wilhelm said to Edward VII after three British defeats by the Boers in South Africa, "even the crackest football team, after a hard loss, puts a good face on it" and congratulates the winner!
Next year's New Horizons Big 12 will offer more varied scenery. From the Appalachians to (nearly) the Pacific!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TXAGBQ76
AG
Looked like tt just quit
kb2001
AG
"Come up short"??? 50 point loss is getting blown out, violated, discarded, then violated again for good measure.

Tceh got humiliated and destroyed, and the embarrassment is only made worse by trying to minimize the damage. t.u went in dry, and kept going
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Sips were chanting "SEC"....
Big 12-0
A disappointing loss, but it's time to move forward and prepare for the post-season.
Big 12-0
kb2001 said:

"Come up short"??? 50 point loss is getting blown out, violated, discarded, then violated again for good measure.

Tceh got humiliated and destroyed, and the embarrassment is only made worse by trying to minimize the damage. t.u went in dry, and kept going

Paging Dr. Freud!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Congrats for not being too embarrassed to ask for help.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Big 12-0 said:

prepare for the post-season.

If I resided in Lubbock, I guess a trip to Houston would be kind of a big thing.
BaileyAg
AG
BQ78 said:

If by short you mean Peter Dinklage, you are exaggerating Tech's effort.
Big 12-0
This game is history and I'm moving forward. Wherever the Bowl Game takes us, I can't wait!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Talk a bunch of trash and spout a bunch of meaningless drivel that even you don't believe- and then pull the ripcord.
Texas velvet maestro
advice to all you young skydivers out there...don't let an aggie shame you into not pulling that ripcord.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Talk a bunch of trash and spout a bunch of meaningless drivel that even you don't believe- and then pull the ripcord.

While I thought the game would be close, I don't think I dumped that much trash on the Longhorns. They are a fellow BigXII team and will have instant Daddyhood in the SEC for a couple of years before that BigXII toughness wears off.

Moving forward, can't wait for our Bowl Game invite!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Your honor, the prosecution rests. Thanks for proving my case!
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Your honor, the prosecution rests. Thanks for proving my case!

Well, excuse me for not living in the past. I'm onto the next thang!
TXAGBQ76
AG
I was referring to your still hanging on to tu's jock strap even as they leave your weak conference behind.
Rongagin71
AG
"Red Raiders come up short in Austin"

Shouldn't this be more like "Red Raiders
come out of Austin even shorter"?

Not that I'm worried whether the Sips felt satisfied.

Texas velvet maestro
Try and remember Ags. you didn't beat the raiders. UT did. don't want anyone poaching vibes on our hard won impressive victory .
UTExan
You think SEC is due to UTpgrade like Big 12 was "UTpgraded"?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

I was referring to your still hanging on to tu's jock strap even as they leave your weak conference behind.

They won Scoreboard. Tech went BigXII Mano-to-Mano with the Horns and came up with fewer points. We don't make excuses when another team wins Scoreboard.

Moving on, can't freakin' WAIT to see who our Bowl Game opponent is!
maroon barchetta
"fewer"
Rongagin71
AG
maroon barchetta said:

"fewer"
A few is like 2 or 3...
not 50.
Big 12-0
Boy, Aggies sure love to live on the past!

I, on the other hand, have moved on and awaiting which Bowl Game the tortillas will fly!

Stay tuned…
Rongagin71
AG
I think it would be great if A&M were to play Tech in a bowl,
old rivalry would bring some interest.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! It looked a junior high team vs a college team. I get why you want to move on.
BQ78
AG
Plus it would be a needed W against a team that quits under pressure
Big 12-0
Rongagin71 said:

I would LOVE that, but it would be a no-win situation for the Red Raiders. If we lose Scoreboard, we lose. And if we win Scoreboard, we still lose because "our best players sat the game out" or "our head coach transition was a major distraction" or "Red Raiders were late with our pizza."
TXAGBQ76
AG
All could be true!
Big 12-0
Rusty Aha said:

Sips were chanting "SEC"....

They want Tech to be invited so they could continue the iconic I-20 Rivalry. They were chanting for us to join but I think we are more than happy in THE TWELVE. I saw tears in the Longhorn fans eyes at the enormity of the final seconds of history ticking away.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! You couldn't get the P12 to take you. Good on you to know your limitations and stay where you are safe!
UTExan
Big 12-0 said:

Rongagin71 said:

I would LOVE that, but it would be a no-win situation for the Red Raiders. If we lose Scoreboard, we lose. And if we win Scoreboard, we still lose because … or "Red Raiders were late with our pizza."

You win the Rivalries board today with that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.