Aggie receivers pushing off

3,418 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rongagin71
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's something I noticed. It might be fine against the Lobos in CS, but probably won't work out with the SEC refs.
Other game notes: Noticed that the Aggie QB almost fumbled in red zone. Ball security problems could be an issue. Of course the Ags tackling was bad, but that's a tradition. Wigman tends to hang up the ball and leave his receivers vulnerable for concussions. Not cool. Ags had a field goal blocked. could be a sign of things to come.

Positives: Ag D kept the Lobos out of the end zone during 4th Q garbage time. 2nd Quarter, not so much.
ski-man
AG
Idiot
Let's go ski-man!
Texas velvet maestro
I wouldn't call him an idiot. He just needs to work with the center after practice. get more snaps in. perfect the exchange. and take better care of his receiving corps.
ski-man
AG
I'd be more worried about the upgrades needed in your backyard than ours.
Let's go ski-man!
Texas velvet maestro
Sure. let's change the subject. talk about something else.
Someday you'll learn that's not how problems get fixed. And y'all might learn that in Miami when Wigman lays the ball down on that hardrock stadium turf in crunch time
TXAGBQ76
AG
Thanks for your obsession, much appreciated.
chlavinka
AG
My observation has been that SEC refs don't call push offs OR interference. If I'm the coach I'm telling my guys to do both.
Shoefly!
AG
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying! Sound familiar sippy cup!
Texas velvet maestro
nobody wants to talk about butterfingers I see. like why it doesn't bode well
ChemEAg08
AG
So do you think tu's receivers will be doing a lot of pushing off the turf when y'all get spanked by bama?
The Collective
AG
Pretty normal in modern football
Loyalty
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

nobody wants to talk about butterfingers I see. like why it doesn't bode well

Lol. TVM feeling the pressure. Fear. It's ok TVM, you guys should, could, maybe do well in the vaunted big 12 this year. Congrats on that win Saturday. Y'all covered right?
Silent For Too Long
Slave master is concerned about Daddy.

Noted.
happy days
pass receiving and pass defense in the sec resemble felony assault when compared to the rest of the country. I spent several years screaming that's interference before learning that. My understanding basically came when the ags started defending the pass the same way the rest of the sec does'.
Texas velvet maestro
Silent For Too Long said:

Slave master is concerned about Daddy.

...a weak voice from the basement of the pulp fiction pawn shop...
Hehateme1

It's something I noticed. It might be fine against the Lobos in CS, but probably won't work out with the SEC refs.
Other game notes: Noticed that the Aggie QB almost fumbled in red zone. Ball security problems could be an issue. Of course the Ags tackling was bad, but that's a tradition. Wigman tends to hang up the ball and leave his receivers vulnerable for concussions. Not cool. Ags had a field goal blocked. could be a sign of things to come.

Positives: Ag D kept the Lobos out of the end zone during 4th Q garbage time. 2nd Quarter, not so much.
I didn't noticed anything about your teams game.

Wonder why that is.

Did y'all play?
Artimus Gordon
AG
Had to. DB would have interfered, the ball wouldn't have been caught and the refs wouldn't have called the interference. Better to do what it takes to catch the ball and leave no shadow of doubt.
LOYAL AG
AG
chlavinka said:

My observation has been that SEC refs don't call push offs OR interference. If I'm the coach I'm telling my guys to do both.

Or holding. They don't call holding either. The only real question we have about SEC officiating is if they'll call Unsportsmanlike Conduct for a horns down. Guess we'll find out next year.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
vin1041
AG
#9 for the Lobos had some issues.
Rongagin71
AG
I noticed in the game that Noah was accused of pushing off, but the ref seemed to agree with me that his three TD catches had a lot more to do with being several inches taller than the defender and the defender's desperate attempt to use physical contact to stop Noah.

As long we are asking questions, why would one choose to go by Texas Velvet Maestro when Texas Velveta Master is available?
Yeah. the second TVM is pretty cheesy, but the first TVM intimates you are proud to be able to slip silent farts out into the unsuspecting world.
alamogeorge
AG

Sure. let's change the subject. talk about something else.
Someday you'll learn that's not how problems get fixed. And y'all might learn that in Miami when Wigman lays the ball down on that hardrock stadium turf in crunch time
How do we fix the problems with your grammar and spelling?
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Texas velvet maestro
alamogeorge said:

ggod question.
Certain measures must be taken so that I'm not confused with the AI of a highly advanced super computer or a life-form of much higher intelligence.
My dog has no problem understanding me. you'll pick it up.
AgDotCom
Nice flag. From which region of China was it shipped?

Texas velvet maestro
AgDotCom said:

Nice flag. From which region of China was it shipped?

rice. china. reminds me of the old cheer what comes out of a.....: Rice Rice!
Rongagin71
AG

alamogeorge said:

ggod question.
Certain measures must be taken so that I'm not confused with the AI of a highly advanced super computer or a life-form of much higher intelligence.
My dog has no problem understanding me. you'll pick it up.
Yeah, but my dog understands me better than your dog understands you.
I mean if you are agreeing that you have grammar and spelling problems...
that is pretty challenging territory for most dogs.
Texas velvet maestro
Rongagin71 said:

my Dog. Told me. to tell you
grammer and spelling costs extra

he also said to tell your dog, "hey."
Rongagin71
AG

Rongagin71 said:

my Dog. Told me. to tell you
grammer and spelling costs extra

he also said to tell your dog, "hey."
My dog is very friendly, is willing to sniff pretty much any butt anytime.
Does insist that only he gets to screw the pooch.
BQAG02
AG
On the first TD, I can see it being called OPI if the DB was making a play for the ball. However, the DB was not even looking for the ball.
chlavinka
AG
Or holding, correct
Science Denier
AG
Hey sip,

How is that Manning kid doing. Certainly the #1 recruit in the country got at least mop up duty against a pud like Rice, right?
Texas velvet maestro
Science Denier said:

Hey sip,

How is that Manning kid doing. Certainly the #1 recruit in the country got at least mop up duty against a pud like Rice, right?
no fool. he's red-shirting if possible. Maalik Murphy got the call. but Manning is doing better than anyone imagined. the naysayers are backtracking like crazy
ski-man
AG
Can't use redshirting as an excuse. They get quite a few games they can play in and still get to redshirt.

NICE TRY!!!!
Let's go ski-man!
Texas velvet maestro
ski-man said:

Can't use redshirting as an excuse. They get quite a few games they can play in and still get to redshirt.

NICE TRY!!!!
4 games. If you knew anything about football, which quarters of what games would you play Arch Manning?
ski-man
AG

ski-man said:

NICE TRY!!!!
4 games. If you knew anything about football, which quarters of what games would you play Arch Manning?

If you knew me and my HS coaching experience, you wouldn't be so cocky with your response.

But I digress. Not sure you know much about how this works unless your coach is a dumbass. If manning is better than Ewers and Malik he would have played. Especially with as pourous as your OL was that game against, yes Rice. So you better have your best 2nd string qb ready as QB1 may not make it all season. Not many coaches I know will redshirt a position when that player would clearly be the next best player.

Another nice try.
Let's go ski-man!
Texas velvet maestro
ski-man said:

If you knew me and my HS coaching experience, you wouldn't be so cocky with your response.

That's absolutely ridiculous, and you never would have said that if you knew me.

when you handicap games like I do you have to factor in everything. You have to ask yourself, have any agreements been made with the Manning clan, were there any stipulations made before his commitment regarding Arch's playing time and against which opponents? How's the blocking holding up? Do we want to throw him out there yet? maybe he's still building up mass. what's the turf pellet situation? This isn't some 2A 6 man crap where the blubbery redneck head coach pulls ideas out of his butt.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.