The Chris Beard Story Takes a Strange Turn

14,116 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by OMeara
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chris-beards-fiance-releases-statement-about-texas-head-coachs-arrest/ar-AA15CnXC?li=BBnbfcL

His fiance now:

" Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others," the statement reads. "As Chris' fiance and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself. Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time."

The APD report:

" When the police officer asked her if a verbal altercation had become physical, she said yes, "he just snapped on me and became super violent," adding, "he choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts." She said that she called 9-1-1 because "I just did not feel safe."

She listed the following injuries from the assault:

Bite mark to her right forearm (visible teeth marks and redness)
Abrasion to her right eyebrow/temple area
Abrasion/scrape to her left leg from her knee to her foot
Cut to her left thumb with dried blood"
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Potcake
AG
Check cleared, whether from him or McCombs.
UTExan
Yeah, I think she figured that out. Sad though, because domestic abusers that inflict such injuries usually don't stop until there is a forceful intervention. The whole self defense thing means they may drop charges.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
BillYeoman
Not as good as advertised. Regardless of payoffs.

Sounds like the horns are stuck with him now.

This is worse than the Briles narrative at Baylor.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Too late, he's guilty in the public eye no matter what she recants.

Only one reason she recants and everybody knows it.
45-70Ag
AG
He must have guaranteed to really beat her ass next time.

All kidding aside, nice coach there sips……a dude who beats women is roaming your court. Damn clowns.
Artimus Gordon
Looks like wedding bells are in Chris' future!
Texas velvet maestro
just kicking the can down the road. if these two stay together another incident will probably happen within a couple of years.
The Collective
AG
I'd say it took an expected turn. She was a school teacher before she met Chris.
Martin Cash
AG
Travis co, DA was never going to prosecute this case. Beard isn't a cop.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
TequilaMockingbird
This is BS - Beard should have been fired immediately.

You either have standards or you don't. What is it, UT?
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
dreyOO
That dude sounds totally f-ing nuts. Who better to put in charge of young adult males?
Jock 07
AG
I'm just hoping the next chapter is even more wild. Still don't see how you top a stripper with a monkey, although if anyone can do it sip can.
Texas velvet maestro
now that this happened, with all that money and his rep on the line, how can either one of them fully trust the other. at the very least, there will be a lot of attorneys in their future.
Lake08
BillYeoman said:

Worst than 20+ reported rapes?? Um, no
maroon barchetta
Lake08 said:

BillYeoman said:

Worst than 20+ reported rapes where the victims were shamed???. Um, no

FIFY
Raiderjay
Road games in the big 12 against tu will be entertaining.....
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
R8ted
33 said:

Yeah, innocent until proven guilty is way overrated. Who needs a constitution anyways? Let's just convict him on the word of a reportedly bat sheet crazy woman's accusation. It's all fun and games till it happens to you.
Potcake
AG
Sip on sip violence. And I'm not even talking anout Beard and his Banshee.
Tom Doniphon
R8ted said:

33 said:

Yeah, innocent until proven guilty is way overrated. Who needs a constitution anyways? Let's just convict him on the word of a reportedly bat sheet crazy woman's accusation. It's all fun and games till it happens to you.

So you're saying the alteration, bruising, bite marks, etc didn't exist? She didn't call 911?
Shoefly!
AG
33 said:

Hell, it sounds like it was just some monkey rodeo foreplay!
R8ted
Aye aye, sir!
Texas velvet maestro
happy Christmas
LIB
R8ted said:

33 said:

Duke Lacrosse says hello
LIB
R8ted said:

33 said:

Duke lacrosse says hello
jackie childs
R8ted said:

33 said:

the university isn't trying to convict him and the constitution is irrelevant to whether he gets fired or not
HTownAg98
AgOutsideAustin said:

Too late, he's guilty in the public eye no matter what she recants.

Only one reason she recants and everybody knows it.

She take my money when I'm in need
Yeah, she's a triflin' friend indeed.
Charlie Moran
AG
My favorite part of the article

Beard's lawyer, Perry Minton, released the following statement: "Randi is a smart and independent woman. I think everyone should allow her to have her voice in this matter."

She can have her voice now that his hands are off her throat and his lawyer has explained how much money this is going to cost them unless major damage control is instituted
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
Texas velvet maestro
Charlie Moran said:

Beard's lawyer, Perry Minton, released the following statement: "Randi is a smart and independent woman. I think everyone should allow her to have her voice in this matter."

stupid codependents should be silenced. thank god she's not that.
Loyalty
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Charlie Moran said:

stupid codependents should be silenced. thank god she's not that.

Wait, sip has already fired beard for physically assaulting a woman no? Seems even sip would do the right thing and get rid of this abuser. Guess not.
OMeara
A couple of clarifications:
Sip has NOT fired Beard, they suspended him.
The DA is described as a "George Soros A-Hole", so anything is possible, but the story that eventually came out was that they had an altercation which she instigated, he left the house and walked around he block a few times and she called the police.
He came home and went to bed; two hours later the police showed up, talked to her, then arrested Beard.
The "victim" who admits attacking Beard first, has recanted and now says she told the police at the scene he didn't strangle her. This can be confirmed or ignored denied on police body cams.
I suspect the chance of any sort of conviction for domestic violence are close to Bluto's GPA (ANIMAL HOUSE reference) - 0.0%.
But go ahead and rush to judgement and then play dumb when the facts are publicized. A&M has a law school, ask any attorney you know - with the set of facts being presented, which side they would prefer to be on to get paid....

HeyMoe
AG
I'm waiting for the part of this story where a monkey bites a chunk out of someone's ass.
OMeara
Jeff Banks is our lead recruiter.
Texas currently has the #3 recruit class signed or committed - Sark has ordered all coaches with a wife or girlfriend to get them either a monkey and/or a stripper pole.
The cost is coming out of the recruiting budget ....
Gramercy Riffs
AG
OMeara said:

But go ahead and rush to judgement and then play dumb when the facts are publicized.

Fact:
She was about to lose her meal ticket and changed her story.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.