13-0 Branding Iron - R.I.P.

46,050 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Raiderjay
FormerStudent91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here.

RIP, Brandy. Thank you for your passion of all things Aggie, your ingenious sense of humor and for putting tsips and techtards in their place on the daily back in the day. You, sir, were definitely one of the greats.
Decay
AG
FormerStudent91 said:

Here.

RIP, Brandy. Thank you for your passion of all things Aggie, your ingenious sense of humor and for putting tsips and techtards in their place on the daily back in the day. You, sir, were definitely one of the greats.

Also I think one of his threads you hit on me. Best day ever!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
A Texags Rivalries board ehump on Brandi's obit thread. Redass. Just as Brandi would have wanted.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

I did most of my posting on this forum many, many years ago, before Jorts and NAS, back when PaulAg01 and BQ were the kids of the group. Branding Iron was already a legend then, and spent many years owning sips and raiders after that. Not many still around for those days - Bohunk, LonghornDub, maybe a few more. Never knew him in real life, always figured he was a different duck . . . but funny as ****.

RIP to the legend himself!

It's funny, I was just wondering what had happened to BI a few months ago. He would be pissing himself laughing reading all of us shedding tears in his memory. Good Ag, great poster, he kept me entertained many a day when I should have been working or looking for a better job.

Here.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
evestor1
Sorry if already posted. How old was BI? Family? Kids?

Great poster and always wondered about him in real life?
schmellba99
AG
I started posting in 98 or 99, before the first crash. Sems like BI was already a legend back then. Sad to hear of his passing.
Carmine Scarpacio
evestor1 said:

Sorry if already posted. How old was BI? Family? Kids?

Great poster and always wondered about him in real life?
Mid 50s. I do not believe he was married or had kids.
SgtBarbarossa
Damn... one of the most memorable posters I can recall since Texags started for sure.
bularry
sad news. I remember way back to the GoBig12 360 days.

there was a massive thread on hornfans back in the day essentially attacking him and a&m.... LOL
TTUArmy
BI is the one that pulled me into this site. Very, very sad to hear of his passing. He was old Army 110%. A great Aggie.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Who was he? Anyone have an obit?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
chick79
AG
I used to give him a bunch of s*** back in the day. So sorry to hear this.

Here.
Red Dane
I remember trading insults with him in the austin360 warroom in the late 90's when the Huskers were still not terrible. That guy took a lot of pride in A&M. Sorry to hear of his passing.
RodneyThomas1986
Here
Ellis Wyatt
SgtBarbarossa
TX_COWDOC said:

Who was he? Anyone have an obit?

Idk, he talked enough trash back in the day that doxing him even now could be risky for his gravesite. And I mean that as a compliment on his ability to piss off the local sips
mccag
S
Here

he was definitely a Legend! I think he already had that status when I started on here back before the crash of 1999,
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
Tramp96
I'm just now seeing this. Wow. We had some fun back in the day when Rivalries was at its peak.

To this day I will reference the "Rented Mule Jinx" that he had become nearly infamous for.
DeSantis 2024
dreyOO
Glad you raised it. Missed it entirely and wondered WTH he went.

Here.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
TTUArmy said:

BI is the one that pulled me into this site. Very, very sad to hear of his passing. He was old Army 110%. A great Aggie.
Same. When I found out i was going to A&M in 07, I got onto texags but then I stayed because a friend introduced me to the rivalries forum and my young 17 year old self about died of laughter seeing his posts.
Ellis Wyatt
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

TTUArmy said:

Same. When I found out i was going to A&M in 07, I got onto texags but then I stayed because a friend introduced me to the rivalries forum and my young 17 year old self about died of laughter seeing his posts.
He was past his prime by then. He was already the old man chasing posters off his lawn with a rake.

But his schtick was pretty good. The tan on tan and his e-Jag that he drove.
BohunkAg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

TTUArmy said:

He was past his prime by then. He was already the old man chasing posters off his lawn with a rake.

Careful, he's going to come smack you down from beyond the grave.
Ellis Wyatt
BohunkAg said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

TTUArmy said:

Careful, he's going to come smack you down from beyond the grave.
I'm more afraid of some of the board psychos who are still alive.
PanhandleSlim
AG
Branding Iron rattled LonghornBob mercilessly on my days off.

What a wit. I wish I could have shaken his hand before he crossed the Rubicon.
Ellis Wyatt
PanhandleSlim said:

nobody liked Longhorn Boob. There are still hundreds of longhorns who would whip his ass, given the chance.

Early 2000s Rivalries was about as good as the internet gets.
dreyOO
Nobody likes longhorn Bob. But I did for ONE season. That was back in 1997 and Mackovic was going down in flames.

Reading boob's post game reflections/meltdowns that year was hilarious. It always seemed he was trying to write in a cool Texas style, but it always landed like a wannabe. Like he was envisioning himself as Sam Elliott but was more like Uncle Rico.
BohunkAg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

PanhandleSlim said:

nobody liked Longhorn Boob. There are still hundreds of longhorns who would whip his ass, given the chance.

He still owes people money from the bus trip from hell, right? Plus there's this lol

Texas velvet maestro
that book cover is hilarious. a midget, his beer, his cigarette, his dog, the dogs chew toy. deep contemplation.
Ellis Wyatt
BohunkAg said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

PanhandleSlim said:

He still owes people money from the bus trip from hell, right? Plus there's this lol

I really missed much of the drama with Bob. I have been on Longhorn boards since 360.com/gobig12.com, but I never plugged into the "making friends" side of it. I remember him and I remember when Fatass Ketchum started out partnering with the Hornfans folks, but I always stuck to the sports side of all of that, not the personalities. At least not until that fat hog Agnor became a tyrant over there.

But yes, he still owes people money and is widely considered a pariah. I am sure he has long been around with other usernames since, but I have never heard a single person take up for him.

This place in its heyday was far better entertainment than any other website, but it certainly wasn't because of sports. There are some deranged mother****ers who used to post on this board. Most are probably drug-addled and confined to diapers now, but it was greatness then.

BohunkAg
AG
I forgot about Agnor and her husband.
Ellis Wyatt
BohunkAg said:

I forgot about Agnor and her husband.
Maybe she got stuck on the toilet. But obviously not YOUR toilet.
AgDotCom
LMAO at those photos. Brigs back some visceral memories of the talented and demented smack talkers of that day. What a time to be alive.
Texas velvet maestro
Fire up the ol' Delorean
Muy
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

BohunkAg said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

PanhandleSlim said:

I really missed much of the drama with Bob. I have been on Longhorn boards since 360.com/gobig12.com, but I never plugged into the "making friends" side of it. I remember him and I remember when Fatass Ketchum started out partnering with the Hornfans folks, but I always stuck to the sports side of all of that, not the personalities. At least not until that fat hog Agnor became a tyrant over there.

But yes, he still owes people money and is widely considered a pariah. I am sure he has long been around with other usernames since, but I have never heard a single person take up for him.

This place in its heyday was far better entertainment than any other website, but it certainly wasn't because of sports. There are some deranged mother****ers who used to post on this board. Most are probably drug-addled and confined to diapers now, but it was greatness then.

I'd get into it with Longhorn Boon back on 360.com and pretty sure BI was there as well.

BI was the greatest poster, nobody was safe.
IIIHorn

RIP

BI

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.