A&M leaving BDF for SEC will turn out to be . . .

10,788 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bryanisbest
Shoefly!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JunctionNephew said:

Show me the actual offer Saban was extended by Texas.

Answer, never happened.

Saban was underwater with big time negative equity in a Houston apartment complex. How come the Mighty BMDs of Texas wouldn't open the purse strings to make Saban whole?

Answer, all hat, no cattle.

The Pachyderm Club at Alabama not only made him whole AND gave him a million dollar a year raise on top of existing contract terms.

Money talks, bovine feces walk.

Texas has the millstone of the BDF around its neck and can't escape a regional conference.

Sucks to be Texas

Gator Bait

Right up their alley, sips like to suck!
BronkNagurski
aTmAg said:

AlexNguyen said:

aTmAg said:

AlexNguyen said:

aTmAg said:

AlexNguyen said:

aTmAg said:

AlexNguyen said:

OU has shown you only have to win the Big 12 as an undefeated and you will get a shot in the play off. I like that the UT admin has clearly made a move to win with the hire of Sarkisian. Whether that bears fruit or not is another story, but previously I had my doubts about how committed UT really was to winning in sports.

And consider what if the playoffs expand to 8 teams....
You better hope they expand to 16 or 32.
I don't think so. A good Texas team does fine in an 8 team play off. We've seen very recently that eyeballs still is a big factor in who gets picked.
It's pretty sad that you would have to depend on eyeballs to get in rather than performance.

And even so, by 2025 all your t-shirt fans may be gone.
Eyeballs are what matters otherwise the G5s like Cincinnati or UCF from a few years ago would have gotten a shot. Your wild shot in the dark does not anger me. College football is what it is. Eyeballs do matter until the system changes in a huge way.
They wouldn't have gotten a shot because they weren't good enough. Which is the same reason tu would likely not get a shot either.
An undefeated Texas team gets into the 4 team play off. A 1 loss Texas team might have a chance in an 8 team playoff depending on whatever else happened. Sorry if that irritates you for whatever reason.
The B12 is becoming more and more of a joke every year. By the time you guys ever get another B12 championship, you may be on the same status as the PAC12. Then you have to hope that the champions of legit conferences aren't undefeated too.
This cant be repeated enough times. Not only does the Dumpster Fire champ get beaten every time they are in the playoff, but this past season their teams went 0-3 versus the SUNBELT. LOLOLOLOL. The Dumpster Fire's share of Draft Picks keep sagging lower and lower and lower as the years pass. Their network deal looks more Raycom Regional with each passing year. Their #2 program just hired an AA alum and overpaid for a guy who ditched his family for a stripper and her monkey. . . . That whole conference is a clownshow-meltdown.
Aggieland12thMan
AG
Whoa whoa whoa there Tex, we don't want t.u. in the SEC. We don't want to encourage that idea!!! Good lord, look at the destruction t.u. caused in both the SWC and BIG 12...so no thank you...it wouldn't benefit us or the SEC in any positive way! Having established that I wish only bad things for t.u., ANY program can make the right hire, develop a great program, and therefore, win a national championship, (including t.u.) In my humble opinion, Aggie's best interest is to ignore things in Austin. When we show interest in Austin, we should interest in a continued rivalry that is not in our best interest. That antiquated rivalry is best left in the past, because it doesn't move us forward. We really shouldn't play any of the Texas BIG12 teams, because we are early in the development of a new identity. No back sliding...again, just my opinion
Bryanisbest
AG
Pride goeth before the fall. Biblical wisdom!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.