New UCLA AD

3,378 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bankshot11
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Ex Boston College AD Martin Jarmond is the new UCLA AD, replacing Dan Guerrero who guided the flooding ship for 18 years. Guerrero is retiring at the end of June. Jarmond has a real immediate problem or two to deal with: an $18.1 million
department deficit and the fact that the PAC 12 has to figure out what their schools are going to do in the fall. Pertinent to TAMU as we have played UCLA in football, softball and baseball (?) recently plus being the BC AD, he pulled out of that men's basketball game a year or two ago which kinda hacked a few of us off.
45-70Ag
AG
How did Guerrero last 18 years in that position? Football has been awful since they had that run with bob toledo And i forgot the QB's name. Basketball has been a disaster.

Then there's the finances.
Skull Session
Put their scholarship players up for adoption! Collect a sizable fee for free transfer to their new homes!
McInnis80
Cade Mcnown. That name brings back bad memories for Bears fans.

Of course, his college highlights cause major heartburn in Austin.
W
AG
UCLA supports 25 varsity sports.

11 men & 14 women.

they need to cut down that number
McInnis80
20 years of mediocre performance will do that to a school, even one as storied as UCLA. The lack of an on campus football stadium hurts, and that is a problem that will never be fixed. This is a school that draws more applications than any university in the county, has a beautiful campus and large network of successful alums, plus a world class faculty. They should be competitive, especially in the Conference of Champions. The alums thought Chip Kelly would be the answer, but so far he has not offered a lot of hope.

I don't know how much money dropping sports like beach volleyball, water polo or rowing would save, but they need increased revenue now. The quickest way to increase revenue is to start winning football games.
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

UCLA supports 25 varsity sports.

11 men & 14 women.

they need to cut down that number

It's CA...after they do it will be 6 men and 14 women
Let’s Go Brandon!
McInnis80
As long as they don't cut beach volleyball it's OK with me.
West Point Aggie
AG
I believe UCLA has the most overall ncaa natties of any school...historically an impressive AD
Let’s Go Brandon!
Tamu_mgm
AG
**** ucla
ABATTBQ11
AG
McInnis80 said:

As long as they don't cut beach volleyball it's OK with me.

We have rules
bankshot11
AG
Boston College's athletic department has really sucked for the last decade too, so I don't really see UCLA improving anytime soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.