What happens when you leave the Big 12?

8,287 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
Horn2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of the teams had a bit of success early in as they built their programs under the Big 12. But, once that wore off, how well did they perform.

'15
Colorado - 4-9
Nebraska - 6-7
Missouri - 5-7
Aggie - 8-5

'16
Colorado - 10-4
Nebraska - 9-4
Missouri - 4-8
Aggie - 8-5

'17
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 7-6
Aggie - 7-6

'18
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 8-5
Aggie - 9-4 - YEA FOR AGGIE!!! ONE 9-win YEAR!!!

'19
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 5-7
Missouri - 6-6
Aggie - 8-5

One 10 win season between the 4 of them
Two 9 win seasons
THIRTEEN 6 loss (it more) seasons.

Now, let's look at the teams that joined the Big 12
'15
TCU - 11-2
WVU - 8-5

'16
TCU- 6-7
WVU -10-3

'17
TCU - 11-3
WVU - 7-6

'18
TCU - 7-6
WVU - 8-4

'19
TCU - 5-7
WVU - 5-7

Seems teams get better coming to the Big 12 and go to **** after leaving.

But, I'm sure Aggie thinks wins are not important and things like "wait till next year" are the true measurement.
Conference records would be more indicative.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Flexbone
Horn2015 said:

Some of the teams had a bit of success early in as they built their programs under the Big 12. But, once that wore off, how well did they perform.

'15
Colorado - 4-9
Nebraska - 6-7
Missouri - 5-7
Aggie - 8-5

'16
Colorado - 10-4
Nebraska - 9-4
Missouri - 4-8
Aggie - 8-5

'17
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 7-6
Aggie - 7-6

'18
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 8-5

'19
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 5-7
Missouri - 6-6
Aggie - 8-5

Two 9 win seasons

'15
TCU - 11-2
WVU - 8-5

'16
TCU- 6-7
WVU -10-3

'17
TCU - 11-3
WVU - 7-6

'18
TCU - 7-6
WVU - 8-4

'19
TCU - 5-7
WVU - 5-7

But, I'm sure Aggie thinks wins are not important and things like "wait till next year" are the true measurement.

Holy ****ing shot you're an idiot.

First of all, your logic is absolutely terrible, moronic, and nonexistent. A measure of a team getting better, without causation even being considered, starts with looking at how they performed BEFORE a point in time, vs. AFTER that point in time.

You provide no data for how any of these teams performed before they left/joined. Strike 1. In addition, you're completely forgetting to explain your theory of causation, nor refuting any possible other causes (ex: joining an easier/harder league).

What a ****ing idiot. Like I said, more donated to charity than your ****ty salary.
AggieRob93
AG
Ags undoubtedly would have won more games if back in the BDF, and likely would have won the conference in '12 and '13, with a better than good shot in '14.

Sippers meanwhile post the following records in the same timeframe in a substantially weaker conference following the departures of A&M/CU/UM/UN:

5-7

5-7

7-6

10-4

8-5

So even when the BDF becomes weaker by subtraction and no better with additions the sips can't muster more than one 10-win season. Congrats on being the limp wristed pole smokers everyone knows sips to be.
Billy Foster
AG
Thanks for starting your comparison after '12 and '13
LOYAL AG
AG
Quote:

Ho. Lee. ***** That's the worse conclusion I think I've ever seen on this board and maybe anywhere in life.

Four teams left the BDF and and their records got worse. The most logical conclusion would be that the competition stepped up and they're struggling to figure it out.

Two teams entered the BDF from the minor leagues and their records got better. The most logical conclusion is that the competition in the BDF is easier than what they faced in the minor leagues.

TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep your right; only having to play one big game a year vs ou would have led to much better records and championships- and then get run over in the final four of course
BuddysBud
AG
In other words this shows how horribly bad the BDF conference is overall. Competition increases with schools that leave and D-2 teams that join find competition is easier.
Great analysis OP
Party Boy
Imagine spending time researching for trolling.
West Point Aggie
AG
Op has to be trolling because you can't be that effin stupid!!!
HeyMoe
AG
The real question is: How many football titles has Dildo U won since putting their own pet conference together?
ABATTBQ87
AG
'15
TCU - 11-2 beat tu 50-7
WVU - 8-5 beat tu 38-20

'16
TCU- 6-7 beat tu 31-9
WVU -10-3 beat tu 24-20

'17
TCU - 11-3 beat tu 24-7
WVU - 7-6 lost to tu 28-14

'18
TCU - 7-6 lost to tu 31-16
WVU - 8-4 beat tu 42-41

'19 We're back year!!!
TCU - 5-7 beat tu 37-27
WVU - 5-7 lost to tu 42-31

TCU is 4-1 against the sips OR tu is 1-4 against TCU
WVU is 3-2 against the sips OR tu is 2-3 against WVU
Horn2015
HeyMoe said:

The real question is: How many football titles has Dildo U won since putting their own pet conference together?

The University of Texas won a national title while playing in the Big 12 in a game that was considered one of the best games ever played. Well, considered the best game ever by most that follow football. Aggie remembers the game as the HIS KNEE WAS DOWN REEEEEEEEE game.
AggieBand2004
AG
For anyone who wasn't already convinced, this shpuld confirm OP's sock status.
That, or he's in the upper echelons of the DNC
Horn2015
Quote:

You provide no data for how any of these teams performed before they left/joined.

I thought these teams were pretty well known. I forgot I was dealing with Aggie who only knows football about The University of Texas and how the refs cheat and the media over-hypes.

Let's see...

1. NU was a national power in the Big 12. 10 win seasons last two years and 9 wins the year before that. Now reduced to scrub status.
2. Aggie was pretty average in the Big 12 and are pretty average now. The best Aggie year by far was the year y'all left (2012) and has been down hill since.
3. 3 of the last 5 years MU was in the Big 12, they win 10+ games and ranked pretty high. Now they are total garbage.
4. CU was garbage before and garbage after.
goodAg80
AG
Reno Hightower
What's your point horny? Other than bugeater what's the difference in staying or leaving for the rest that you list?
Ugly
AG
Horn2015 said:

'15
Colorado - 4-9
Nebraska - 6-7
Missouri - 5-7
Aggie - 8-5

'16
Colorado - 10-4
Nebraska - 9-4
Missouri - 4-8
Aggie - 8-5

'17
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 7-6
Aggie - 7-6

'18
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 8-5

'19
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 5-7
Missouri - 6-6
Aggie - 8-5

Two 9 win seasons

'15
TCU - 11-2
WVU - 8-5

'16
TCU- 6-7
WVU -10-3

'17
TCU - 11-3
WVU - 7-6

'18
TCU - 7-6
WVU - 8-4

'19
TCU - 5-7
WVU - 5-7

That's not really a fair statement. When you are playing pushovers every year like tu, of course your record is going to be better than if you move to a division with juggernauts like Arizona State or Purdue.

Seriously though, take a second to think about what you just proved quantitatively. The four teams that left joined four different divisions - PAC12 South, BIG10 West, SEC West, SEC East - and all were proven to be higher quality than the BIG12 was before the exodus of said teams. You then bring in two traditionally lower achieving teams that proceed to "improve" greatly now that they get to feed on the bottom dwellers that are the modern BIG12 conference. But sure, take pride in the fact that a G5 team's record has improved because they've gotten to go 6-2 against a limp rag team like tu since joining the conference.
Flexbone
Horn2015 said:

Quote:

You provide no data for how any of these teams performed before they left/joined.

I thought these teams were pretty well known. I forgot I was dealing with Aggie who only knows football about The University of Texas and how the refs cheat and the media over-hypes.

Let's see...

1. NU was a national power in the Big 12. 10 win seasons last two years and 9 wins the year before that. Now reduced to scrub status.
2. Aggie was pretty average in the Big 12 and are pretty average now. The best Aggie year by far was the year y'all left (2012) and has been down hill since.
3. 3 of the last 5 years MU was in the Big 12, they win 10+ games and ranked pretty high. Now they are total garbage.
4. CU was garbage before and garbage after.
How does your brain not take this evidence, weigh it, and realize what the most likely conclusion is? Nevermind that you're selecting data based on convenience, nor are you even considering other very obvious factors that impact teams (coaching changes, etc). The most likely conclusion based on your very own argument has already been mentioned by others: the Big 12 is a ****ty league. Teams leave and their records get worse? They leave to conferences that are indisputably more difficult and their win/loss numbers go DOWN? What a shocking revelation. Conversely, teams JOIN...and their records get better? Couple this with all the other evidence out there that speak to how good leagues are: recruiting rankings, NFL draft numbers, interconference records....all things that the Big 12 absolutely sucks at compared to the other leagues.

You might be the dumbest person to ever post on this forum.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Horn2015 said:

'15
Colorado - 4-9
Nebraska - 6-7
Missouri - 5-7
Aggie - 8-5

'16
Colorado - 10-4
Nebraska - 9-4
Missouri - 4-8
Aggie - 8-5

'17
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 7-6
Aggie - 7-6

'18
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 4-8
Missouri - 8-5

'19
Colorado - 5-7
Nebraska - 5-7
Missouri - 6-6
Aggie - 8-5

Two 9 win seasons

'15
TCU - 11-2
WVU - 8-5

'16
TCU- 6-7
WVU -10-3

'17
TCU - 11-3
WVU - 7-6

'18
TCU - 7-6
WVU - 8-4

'19
TCU - 5-7
WVU - 5-7

Yeah... TCU and WVU got all the way better to ****ing 5-7 from 11-2 and 8-5. Congratulations. You're a ****ing idiot.
HeyMoe
AG
Horn2015 said:

HeyMoe said:

The University of Texas won a national title while playing in the Big 12 in a game that was considered one of the best games ever played. Well, considered the best game ever by most that follow football. Aggie remembers the game as the HIS KNEE WAS DOWN REEEEEEEEE game.
Go back and read the statement again, Mensa Jr.
BQ_90
AG
the sips are now becoming the home teams homecoming game.

You are *****
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So OP is bragging that Mountain West schools can come in and dominate the Big 12 now that all the major players left.

Interesting logic, to say the least.
Ag In Ok
AG
How many SEC teams have lost to Kansas or needed a few seconds added to kick a winning field goal?
Ag In Ok said:

How many SEC teams have lost to Kansas or needed a few seconds added to kick a winning field goal?

SEC teams that have lost to Kansas: A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Winning percentage against Kansas:

Texas = 84.2% (16-3)

A&M = 81.2% (9-2)
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
maver1ck
AG
Ok hold on...

teams leave the Big 12 and their record gets worse...
teams join the Big 12 and their record gets better....

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm going to go ahead and conclude that the Big 12 must suck.

Did that thought cross your mind before posting this?
LOYAL AG
AG
33 said:

Ag In Ok said:

SEC teams that have lost to Kansas: A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Texas = 84.2% (16-3)

A&M = 81.2% (9-2)
When did we play Kansas? Oh, that's right! We lost to them when we were a BDF team. Same for Mizzou. Now, back then Kansas had some good years and won a lot of games. BUT...you already knew that. Spin it however you'd like but your 2016 loss to Kansas (in football) was one of the most embarrassing losses in tu football history. Hell let's not limit it to tu. It was one of the worst losses in the history of college football.
AggieBand2004
AG
33 said:

Ag In Ok said:

Texas = 84.2% (16-3)

A&M = 81.2% (9-2)

What is it with you sips and all-time records? Nobody else does this to the same amount
LOYAL AG said:

33 said:

Spin it however you'd like

I gave facts. I didn't spin anything. I offered no commentary, no justification, no opinions.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
AggieBand2004 said:

What is it with you sips and all-time records? Nobody else does this to the same amount

What is it with you and facts? I answered the question that was asked. Are you sure "nobody" does this?

What are the rules for time period? 1 year?

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
And yes, I'm surly today. Oktoberfest was cancelled.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's adorable watching you cow chips defend your record in the new Little 10!

It's the conference you wanted so I'm sure you're enjoying it, selling lots of tickets and winning it every year!
This about sums up this board:

- John Stuart Mill, 1869

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
LOYAL AG
AG
33 said:

LOYAL AG said:

33 said:

Spin it however you'd like

I gave facts. I didn't spin anything. I offered no commentary, no justification, no opinions.

Well you said this:

Quote:

Which is a lie. A&M nor Mizzou have even played Kansas since we went to the SEC. So lying may not be spinning in your world but in a fact base world I live in it is.

AggieTFA06
AG
LOYAL AG said:

33 said:

Ag In Ok said:

Texas = 84.2% (16-3)

A&M = 81.2% (9-2)
When did we play Kansas? Oh, that's right! We lost to them when we were a BDF team. Same for Mizzou. Now, back then Kansas had some good years and won a lot of games. BUT...you already knew that. Spin it however you'd like but your 2016 loss to Kansas (in football) was one of the most embarrassing losses in tu football history. Hell let's not limit it to tu. It was one of the worst losses in the history of college football.
When we lost to Kansas, that Kansas team later went on to win the Orange Bowl.

tu lost to a Kansas team giving them their only conference win of the season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.