700 man firm clerk

5,582 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jim_jones
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fact or fiction?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Only if you live inside 610
Flexbone
goodAg80
AG
Home for sale inside the loop:

$340,000

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1514-W-21st-St-Houston-TX-77008/27827872_zpid/

I bet Home Depot has about 700 people working for them in Houston.
AgDotCom
OK, who got outed?

Been away most of the day.
buda91
AG
Huh?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Texan 1976 sip was bragging about living in the loop.

With that info he could live in 3rd ward or river oaks. No one knows, but he was dumb enough to brag about it.
David_Puddy
AG
I enjoy living inside the loop....not gonna lie. I've never bragged about it though.
Your Friend
David_Puddy said:

I enjoy living inside the loop....not gonna lie. I've never bragged about it though.

I'm gonna need to park at your place during the open fyi
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

David_Puddy said:

I'm gonna need to park at your place during the open fyi

The Open isn't at Memorial for another year, you mouth breathing dumbass
RK
AG
i thought the loop stopped being a "thing" about 10 years ago.
Callate Donnie
David_Puddy said:

That means you still live in Houston.

wbt5845
AG
A quick Google search shows no firms in Houston with 700+ lawyers or employees - Vinson & Elkins is the closest with 252 lawyers and 625 employees.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
wbt5845 said:

A quick Google search shows no firms in Houston with 700+ lawyers or employees - Vinson & Elkins is the closest with 252 lawyers and 625 employees.
I am pretty sure when he made that claim years ago he was living in Dallas or Austin.

this is Leah we are talking about with that claim.
goodAg80
AG
Texan1976

Quote:

A townhome? No. I own my house. Have for 15 years. Inside the loop. Not in spring or whatever ****hole suburb you live in.

Get your facts straight. And one day you might actually make some real money.
Quote:

When you've been broken up for a few weeks, and it seems like you're trying to be considerate of the other person and showing them that you eventually do want to have a friendship (she broke up with me), but it seems like all they do is get mad at everything you say, take it wrong, and keep saying things like, "Fine. We dont need to talk anymore at all then. We can just be DONE with the whole thing!"....I care for her deeply, and it just hurts me that she seems so selfish and inconsiderate
Quote:

I've made more in the last three years than you will make in your life.
Quote:

I was responding to the 700 man firm clerk who spews lies about me being a divorced drunk who lives in a townhome that he makes more money than. Like most of the crap he posts here, he's wrong on all of it.

I'm married to my first wife. Live in a single family home. And have for 15 years. And he doesn't make more than me either. Unless he's billing out at $2000 or so an hour.
Flexbone
Great Beard of Zeus said:

wbt5845 said:

I am pretty sure when he made that claim years ago he was living in Dallas or Austin.

this is Leah we are talking about with that claim.
When a firm claims its number of attorneys, it's claiming the number from all offices.

Not that that makes me doing that any less ****ing stupid.
carl spacklers hat
Quote:

Unless he's billing out at $2000 or so an hour.

This is some first rate bullsheit right here. No way some anonymous keyboard hero is pulling $2k per hour. What a clown.
RK
AG
full disclosure, he only bills about 30 hours a year.
David_Puddy
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

This is some first rate bullsheit right here. No way some anonymous keyboard hero is pulling $2k per hour. What a clown.

Yeah, and on top of that he wouldn't be bragging about just "living in the loop." He'd be bragging about living in River Oaks.
wbt5845
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

My cousin has his own law firm in Texas. Just him and four associates. His firm focuses on general business law including securities fraud and consumer class action matters. He has represented several Fortune 50 corporations in multiple high stakes liability cases, usually winning. These corporations don't blink at his rate because the potential penalties are so large.

His rate is about $1600 an hour.
goodAg80
AG
wbt5845 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

My cousin has his own law firm in Texas. Just him and four associates. His firm focuses on general business law including securities fraud and consumer class action matters. He has represented several Fortune 50 corporations in multiple high stakes liability cases, usually winning. These corporations don't blink at his rate because the potential penalties are so large.

Is your cousin a Longhorn fan that lives inside the loop?
David_Puddy
AG
wbt5845 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

I would be willing to bet a large sum that your cousin doesn't waste hours upon hours of his time e-defending his alma mater on their formal rival's website.
Geriatric Punk
AG
wbt5845 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

More imporantly: is he hiring and willing to let new hires work remotely?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Science Denier
AG
lolpoors
LOL OLD
wbt5845
AG
goodAg80 said:

wbt5845 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

Is your cousin a Longhorn fan that lives inside the loop?
He was 2nd in his class at UT Law, and he lives inside a loop - but not Houston.
wbt5845
AG
David_Puddy said:

wbt5845 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Quote:

I would be willing to bet a large sum that your cousin doesn't waste hours upon hours of his time e-defending his alma mater on their formal rival's website.
No. His wife handles his Facebook page for him. Hell - he doesn't even drive anymore - hired a drive so he could bill clients during the commute downtown.
David_Puddy
AG
He sounds almost as BADAZZ as 1976.......if only he made $400 more per hour.
Texan1976
I don't bill at $2,000 an hour. And never claimed to.
Repeat the Line
May I ask what type of law you specialize in.....O&G?
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

This is his way of telling people he's clearing $4M a year.

Yeah....we believe you, you dunce.
YouBet
AG
I worked from home this afternoon because I could. And I live inside the loop of Dallas.

Suck on that you losers.
Texan1976
Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

You like to hurl insults. Do you act this way in real life?
dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Did you not claim to be part of a 700 member firm? Do you lie like this in real life? Oh, I forgot, you are a lawyer. Of course you do.

And I lived inside the Houston loop for years. Never thought about bragging about it on a not real rival fan forum that we no long play.

Weird.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texan1976
dermdoc said:

Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Did you not claim to be part of a 700 member firm?

No. I didn't.
dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

dermdoc said:

Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Did you not claim to be part of a 700 member firm?

No. I didn't.
Okay then. I am old and probably demented. What exactly did you say counselor?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.