Hmm, seems like I've heard something like this before

5,746 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by American Hardwood
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Punked Shank
AG
Bunch of unoriginal kweers
buda91
AG
Yes, but as noted on an earlier thread ... that doesn't make any sense. The referenced parts to be turned from facing-in to facing-out are in the SIDES of the ring. Idiosos.
Old McDonald
don't know why we insist on making this a thing. my wife stopped wearing her UT class ring because in texas most people assume you're an aggie when they see it. no greater insult.
username checks out
ABATTBQ11
AG
tshirtmoron said:

don't know why we insist on making this a thing. my wife stopped wearing her UT class ring because in texas most people assume you're an aggie when they see it. no greater insult.

She has to call you her husband, so obviously that's not true.
David_Puddy
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

tshirtmoron said:

She has to call you her husband, so obviously that's not true.

Thread over
DifferenceMaker Ag
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But to me, it reeks of the sweet sweet smell of desperation.

Not a single one of the turditions that those slap dicks have adopted in the history of that pathetic collection of feeble minded ingrates have been their own. In fact, almost all of them were taken directly from daddy, or were in direct response to something daddy did. This is just another in a long line of mushroom stamps on their puny little foreheads.
Muy
AG
I'm betting more t-shirt sips are trying to buy these rings than actual grads who took classes there.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Muy said:

I'm betting more t-shirt sips are trying to buy these rings than actual grads who took classes there.
BoozingAg
tshirtmoron said:

Should I bother explaining why posting this on an Aggie website is stupid AF or would I be wasting my time?
West Point Aggie
AG
tshirtmoron said:

LOL...but she wasn't embarrassed by a school with cocks not glocks and masculinUT as school sanctioned events? A crappy tu ring confusion should be the least of her worries...
David_Puddy
AG
BoozingAg said:

tshirtmoron said:

Should I bother explaining why posting this on an Aggie website is stupid AF or would I be wasting my time?

Probably one of the many reasons why he is such an Aggie obsessed goof.
Ed Torian
BoozingAg said:

tshirtmoron said:

Ruin his mother f***ing life, booze.
BoozingAg
Ed Torian said:

BoozingAg said:

tshirtmoron said:

Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Let's look at the website descriptions of the symbolism Aggie Ring versus sipville's:

Design of the class ring at A&M is as deep in symbolism as it is in tradition.

1) The shield on the top of the ring symbolizes protection of the good reputation of the alma mater.

2) The 13 stripes in the shield refer to the 13 original states and symbolize the intense patriotism of graduates and undergraduates of A&M.

3) The five stars in the shield refer to phases of development of the student: mind or intellect, body, spiritual attainment, emotional poise, and integrity of character.

4) The eagle is symbolic of agility and power, and ability to reach great heights.

5) One side of the ring symbolizes the seal of the State of Texas authorized by the constitution of 1845.

6) The five-pointed star is encircled with a wreath of olive or laurel leaves symbolizing achievement and a desire for peace and Live oak leaves symbolizing the strength to fight. They are joined at the bottom by a circled ribbon to show the necessity of joining these two traits to accomplish one's ambition to serve.

7) The other side with its ancient cannon, saber, and rifle symbolizes that Texans fought for their land and are determined to defend their homeland.

8) The saber stands for valor and confidence.

9) The rifle and cannon are symbols of preparedness and defense.

10) The crossed flags of the United States and Texas recognize the dual allegiance to nation and state.

The University of Texas ring was designed in 1996 by a committee of UT students. The UT Ring, rich in symbolism, is a lifelong emblem of burnt-orange pride. It symbolizes academic achievement at the university and is reserved exclusively for graduates and students who have completed at least 75 credit hours.

1) On one side of the ring is a recognizable symbol: The University of Texas Tower. The Tower, which is made from Indiana limestone and rises 307 feet, was completed in 1936. It has become the defining landmark on the Forty Acres, ever present for decades of campus life.

2) The top of the ring boasts a handsome version The University of Texas seal. The Latin motto, "Disciplina Praesidium Civitatis," is a quote from former Republic of Texas President Mirabeau Lamar: "Education is the safeguard of democracy."

3) Scrolled around the outside of the longhorn is the phrase, "The eyes of Texas are upon upon you." The song titled "The Eyes of Texas" made its debut in 1903. UT student John Lang Sinclair first scrawled the words on a scrap of brown laundry paper that is now on display in the Alumni Center.

4) The longhorn is the mascot of the university. Associated with Texas and the West, the longhorn is a symbol of strength and determination. Bevo, the first live longhorn mascot, made his first appearance in 1916.

5) Above the longhorn is the Texas Exes symbol. It was first used in 1967 to "brand" ex-students of the university returning to campus for an annual reunion known as Round-Up. On the ring, it signifies that the wearer is linked to generations of University of Texas graduates.

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Don't forget the bottom of our ring. Symbolic of the tu azzholes that we are greatly superior to that fade into obscurity and bitter nothingness over time.

Edit:

For reference:

American Hardwood
AG
That's a pretty stark contrast. The aggie ring is full of symbols about things larger than yourself while the tu ring is all about self aggrandizement. Sounds about right.
Great Beard of Zeus said:

Don't forget the bottom of our ring. Symbolic of the tu azzholes that we are greatly superior to that fade into obscurity and bitter nothingness over time.

So much for the stereotype that UT is arrogant. Looks like Horns and Ags are arrogant. I'm good with that.

arrogance [noun] - offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride

Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Ah yes, forgot about that one!

It's funny how the sips say "rich in symbolism". In the descriptions of the five items on their ring, only the cow and the brand (est. 1967) symbolize anything, and they are weak-ass symbols, at that. Then two are quotes. Then one is a building, where all they could say about it was when it was built and what it was made of.
goodAg80
AG
I like this class ring

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
33 said:

So much for the stereotype that UT is arrogant. Looks like Horns and Ags are arrogant. I'm good with that.

arrogance [noun] - offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride

Are you offended by our tu azzholes on our ring?
Caesar4
AG
33 said:

My recollection is that the cavities fading over time represents/mirrors real life in that not all horn grads are azzholes.

33 said:

Not in the least.
ABATTBQ11
AG
33 said:

33 said:

Not in the least.

If the shoe fits...
BQ78
AG
I like that furry thing shaved or waxed better.
TXAGBQ76
AG
they misspelled "I've Been Working on the Railroad" when describing the school song.
they also left out 'Taps" when describing their fight song.
Grits
AG
tshirtmoron said:

don't know why we insist on making this a thing. my husband stopped wearing his tu class ring because in texas most people assume you're an aggie when they see it.

Fify
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Ag In Ok
AG
A beaver licking an ice cream cone?
Token
AG
goodAg80 said:

I like this class ring

i just got my brass rat and it's pretty nice. The MIT ring culture is just as strong as A&M as well
Token
AG
Ag In Ok said:

A beaver licking an ice cream cone?
MIT's mascot is Tim the beaver
Flexbone
Token said:

goodAg80 said:

I like this class ring

i just got my brass rat and it's pretty nice. The MIT ring culture is just as strong as A&M as well

I have two buddies that got their mbas there. Neither wears a ring.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Token will keep it real.
Jock 07
AG
tshirtmoron said:

An Aggie ring being mistaken for a citadel ring or a tard ring being mistaken for a sip ring would make sense. It would take an absolute moron to confuse an A&M ring with a crackerjack box ring from sip.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ed Torian said:

BoozingAg said:

tshirtmoron said:

He ruins his own life every day just by waking up. I think he ruins a lot of other lives the same way.
45-70Ag
AG
I can see why sip idiots don't wear this thing after they graduate. Looks like a damn high school ring

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.