Greetings from the Gulf of Mexico

5,066 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Potcake
petey88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't been here in weeks, left Texas. I sailed out of Pensacola a two weeks ago.

Haven't seen the forum, nor news or tv

It's awesome

Thanks for keeping me updated, if I am in port, the time is too valuable to be spent laughing at sips
Your Friend
Bon voyage P!
goodAg80
AG
Greetings from the GoM beach

Post removed:
by user
dixichkn
AG
You kidding me?

Ok........maybe 1, 1 and a half, 1.........
goodAg80 said:

Why the hell am I not hanging around with goodAg80?
goodAg80
AG
33 said:

goodAg80 said:

Why the hell am I not hanging around with goodAg80?
Come join us!

I'm there. It will help diversify your friend group. I'll be the foreigner Longhorn friend. It will get you empathy sex from the girls.
petey88

Thank you goodAg

I wonder why i am not hanging around. I'm docked sitting on the bow deck having coffee and maple pecan danish.

33 you really should do as you say. I believe I could get along with you without setting you straight.

BTW. I met a beautiful blond Auburn grad. Going out soon, she leaves tomorrow for a cruise to Cancun.

Today , I am going to church and maybe take the 25 ft boat out for fun. Sun is supposed to come out, cool snap over.

Pray for our brothers in Alabama, they lost 23 in the tornado.

I love it here, the deep south has the prettiest gals and friendly folks. I gave a Roll Tide to a Bama guy. He said I had an A&M hat on and looked perplexed.

Going to Jacksonville next week and maybe Atlanta.

It's good being retire.

Thanks again Ags. And same to. Your Friend. But give it up dude.
petey88 said:

33 you really should do as you say. I believe I could get along with you without setting you straight.

I have more in common with Aggies than most people think. I definitely need help though. Thanks.
ABATTBQ11
AG
third coast.. said:

1 3 2
HumpitPuryear
AG
I'm a couple years behind you Petey. I'm honing my skills on a Starwind 223 on a central TX lake in the meantime. What are you sailing?
petey88
It's my buddy's 30 ft, he hasn't replied as to what model. Didn't make it out today, will try tomorrow.

I'm hanging out on a 50 foot houseboat parked nearby. Last week we toured on The Lynx Nantucket, 127 ft sailboat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(tall_ship)

HumpitPuryear
AG
Goodtimes! Fair winds and following seas!
dixichkn
AG
Retirement snobs.
LonghornDub
petey88 said:

It's good being retired.

Amen. We sail from Ft Lauderdale for Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, St John, Princess Key and somewhere else on 3/27 which is also our 55th anniversary. Could we have some expressions of sympathy for Mrs. Dub?
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

petey88

Dam right, and I like it.

Retired early, worked over 47 years, and I earned the right to reform my fan club, The Traveling Lawn Chair All Stars after 16 years of inactivity.

Only problem is my Member Fans aren't with me this time. We communicate via the whirled wide web.

My Commodore, the fleet owner, says he might be out of bed at noon, and we might make it to Perdido Key today.

I want to hit Flora Bama, some famous bar on the state line.

If we sail, I anticipate a Staff Meeting around 5 pm at the bar.

If not, we will have the meeting here in the local bay bar.
petey88

Are you driving Dub ?
LonghornDub
petey88 said:

Are you driving Dub ?
No, I think I'll let the SWA pilot get us to Ft Lauderdale, and the Captain of the Crown Princess can take it from there. I was a Yeoman rather than a Boatswain's Mate, so my naval experience doesn't qualify me to helm an ocean liner.

petey88

I was just checking. One of the guys is a retired tug Captain. He sold his boat yesterday and may be looking for a new fun something to do.

He's from Philly, said he lived in Port A once and hated Texas. I guess that's why we get along. That, and he likes beer.

His son is a boat Captain, lives in San Antonio.
LonghornDub
I had a 17' Glastron bass/ski for 25 years and used to pilot a couple of bigger power boats for friends on Travis who bought more than they knew how to handle. One of my experiences involved rounding a bend and coming face to face with about a hundred sailboats tacking all over the place and my half drunk friend says, "You take it. I don't know what to do." I managed to get the boat, him, two wives and three children to the cliffs and away from the sailboats and the two lake police boats just itching to write tickets for failing to yield right-of-way and/or drunk driving.

Potcake
AG
Shouldn't you two be forwarding chain emails or something?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.