Why the sips outscoring Georgia is marvelous

8,487 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rascal
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is obvious UGA did not show up tonight, and thus a mediocre team outscored them in what was a meaningless game to UGA to end the season.

But, and I do mean BUTT:

Think of the chest thumping mensa is going to do over the next 8 months. Think of the huge expectations that have and will be set by the "we are Texas" crowd in Austin.

Think of the bravado that will be exuded by their mediocre players, and the dreams of a new "NC" in the trophy case.

Then, wait for it. Wait for it. The 2019 season starts and they open up 3-3, including a pounding by LSU. They finish 8-4 and end up in the Tidly-wink Bowl.

You think the sips were a dumpster fire this year - wait until they deliver mediocrity again. Get out the popcorn, it will be mesmerizing...

Bosco
AG
Yeah. Their little team hasn't been anywhere other than Ames or Lawrence and got all excited is all. Georgia is used to bigger things and was bored. Cows squeaked out a one score game.
Let them crow I guess.
Cromagnum
AG
It will he 8 months of ESPN gloating about how Texas is back, followed by a top 10 ranking to start the season though.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
Cromagnum said:

It will he 8 months of ESPN gloating about how Texas is back, followed by a top 10 ranking to start the season though.
Which makes the inevitable fall from myth to reality all the more sweet to watch.
AboveGroundPool
Ah. So Georgia just didn't feel like winning. Got it.
Joe Exotic
AG
AboveGroundPool said:

Pretty much. It happens. See OU-Boise State, Bama-OU, Auburn-UCF, Baylor-UCF
Flexbone
AboveGroundPool said:

Purdue was better than Kansas State in '98 too. Utah better than Bama in 2008, etc.
Token
AG
Lmao you really think OU wasn't trying in that game against Boise St?
Joe Exotic
AG
Keep it real Token!
Token
AG
Working hard at it, boss
ApachePilot
AG
The OU - Boise State example is wrong. That OU team sucked.

Bama - OU is spot on
BVAg85
AG
Sips talk about the Aggie rollercoaster all the time. After last night's win, they have visions of championship trophies dancing in their heads. You know the narrative is going to be they are a lock for the playoffs next year. For them it may not be a rollercoaster but simply driving off a cliff.
tamc91
AG
Fromm was off target most of the night, throwing several high. Not sure what was up with him since he is usually very accurate. If he would have been on target it wouldn't have been close.

That was easily UGA's worst game of the past 2 years.
YouBet
AG
Very weird game. Their best player didn't play because NFL, several other starters didn't play because of attitude problems - Smart had players in the game who had not played a down all year, their OC(?) left for another job, and Fromm couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

People not familiar with Georgia would wonder why they were even ranked to begin with if that was their first exposure to them this year and yet somehow stumbled into only a one score loss.

Sam is a good QB and better than Aggies give him credit for, but objectively this is a bit of a fool's gold victory.
Muy
AG
3 turnovers
No tackling
A 60+ yard punt... but the kicker's knee was down, so tu gets the ball inside the 25 of UGA
Another punt screwup giving tu the ball at midfield

And yet still just a 7 point ending.
Heisenberg01
AG
Biggest positive is that their top 2 WR's could be pushed into the top 2 rounds of mock drafts causing them to most likely declare for the draft. They will struggle mightily next year throwing if they both leave.
Joe Exotic
AG
I think Humphrey stays. Their biggest problem will be losing 3 starting OL and 9 starters on defense, including all of their DL with only spares to fill in.
Heisenberg01
AG
Honest question. Why would he stay if he stands a good chance of being drafted in the top 2 rounds? He doesn't have the testing ability to move into the 1st even with a good year next year?
YouBet
AG
And then the final minute of the game when horn players lose their minds when they had the game won. I don't think I've ever seen the winning team self-destruct on that front in a game like that.

And the refs take 3 tries at the call and still don't get it right. Was very confusing but it sounded like the announcers we're saying it should have played out with Texas taking those penalties but didn't on all of them. Not that it mattered.

Just a bizarre game that doesn't really shed light on anything with the number of players leaving Texas and the number of Georgia players that are not but didn't play because of attitude.

By the end of it, announcers we're "yeah butting" the win and said Georgia will still open top 5 next year because entire team is returning.
Joe Exotic
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Honest question. Why would he stay if he stands a good chance of being drafted in the top 2 rounds? He doesn't have the testing ability to move into the 1st even with a good year next year?

I read somewhere that he was told to return. Also saw that Brandon Jones got a very favorable grade and is likely gone.
Your Friend
"Our team was motivated to play Texas, Texas outplayed us, outcompeted us. They outcoached us. They out physicaled us. They did a lot of things better than us, and I think you give Tom [Herman] a lot of credit."

-Kirby Smart
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

"Our team was motivated to play Texas, Texas outplayed us, outcompeted us. They outcoached us. They out physicaled us. They did a lot of things better than us, and I think you give Tom [Herman] a lot of credit."

-Kirby Smart

That's called coachspeak dumbass. It's pretty telling that the CFP #5 is 1-4 in bowls.
Your Friend
You spent all week crowing about how uga was gonna beat the brakes off of Texas. As a varsity level coach, what are your thoughts on last nights game?
Muy
AG
Your Friend said:

-Kirby Smart

Translation: tu played their Super Bowl and we didn't care to play in this game.
Heisenberg01
AG
Bo Darville said:

Heisenberg01 said:

I read somewhere that he was told to return. Also saw that Brandon Jones got a very favorable grade and is likely gone.

My understanding is that if you don't get a Top 2 round grade then they just lump you into rounds 3-6 and recommend that you stay. I'd expect most players that repeatedly see themselves in the last few picks of round 2 and top few picks of round 3 world take the chance to enter the draft.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

You spent all week crowing about how uga was gonna beat the brakes off of Texas. As a varsity level coach, what are your thoughts on last nights game?

I did? You sure? Show me. Because I had Texas +14.

Normal Georgia is much better than Texas. CFP#5 Georgia sans their DC and missing SIX starters on D? Different story.

The better question is this: if the SEC is so overrated...why are you and all the other T-shirt fans running around pounding your chests? Seems pretty contradictory, you ****ing ******.
Your Friend
Did you do some editing last night bro?
Synopsis
Give Texas credit. Georgia is a very very good team and they beat them soundly.

And I don't fall into the whole "it's not a yuuuge game so I don't care."

Flexbone
Synopsis said:

Give Texas credit. Georgia is a very very good team and they beat them soundly.

And I don't fall into the whole "it's not a yuuuge game so I don't care."

You don't have to "fall into it" for it to be a reality.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Wouldn't you be able to see that? No, dude. I'm not so desperate for validation that I'd go back and edit posts to support a later debate. Especially ones I never made.
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

Our thoughts are that you aren't a longhorn and never will be.
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

You were on here gloating last night and now this morning about a win by a team of a school that you didn't get into. Think about how pathetic that is, and then dip your arms in battery acid. You have just as much affiliation to Texas as any of us do to Alabama, and none of us will be here gloating when/if they beat Clemson on Monday.
GAC06
AG
ApachePilot said:

The OU - Boise State example is wrong. That OU team sucked.

Bama - OU is spot on

I disagree somewhat. Bama was sleepwalking, and that is an obvious similarity, but OU and specifically Knight played out of their minds. Ehlinger played well but this game had more more to do with Georgia losing it than the sips winning it. Georgia couldn't get out of their own way, hold on to the ball, punt, make tackles, or complete passes to open receivers.
Texan1976
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Wouldn't you be able to see that? No, dude. I'm not so desperate for validation that I'd go back and edit posts to support a later debate. Especially ones I never made.

Yep. Your entire posting history screams you aren't desperate for validation.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Yep. Your entire posting history screams you aren't desperate for validation.

Why would I need validation from an early 40s divorced dbag that lives in a townhouse and watches games by himself at local bars?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.