Remind me about VY's knee down

5,058 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EastSideAg2002
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was the situation when that occurred? Was that a TD run? 3rd or 4th down play to extend a TD drive? Something that happened on 2nd and 2 and probably wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway?

I forget.
Bottlehead90
AG
The game is probably playing on LHN right now.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

For the fifth time today.
Hobbes01
AG
Video is queued to start at the play in question...I should have posted that from the get go. Linking the game from the start would have been a dick move.

txjortsagent
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

POTD
Your Friend
The play occurred in the 2nd qtr. Starting from the 22 yard line, Vince Young scrambled 12 yards at which point he pitched it to Selvin Young at the 10 yard line whereupon Selvin scored a TD. Had they reviewed it, UT would've had the ball 1st and goal from the 10.
Wabs
AG
Your Friend said:

The play occurred in the 2nd qtr. Starting from the 22 yard line, Vince Young scrambled 12 yards at which point he pitched it to Selvin Young at the 10 yard line whereupon Selvin scored a TD. Had they reviewed it, UT would've had the ball 1st and goal from the 10.
So the TD wouldn't have counted, like on the scoreboard and stuff.
Ragoo
AG
Your Friend said:

where?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=260040030
Your Friend
Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

where?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=260040030

1st & 10 at USC 22
(4:57 - 2nd) Vince Young rush for 12 yards, lateral to Selvin Young for 10 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
Ragoo
AG
I see thanks
aginlakeway
AG
Your Friend said:

So the TD should not have counted then. Right?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Post removed:
by user
AggieBand2004
AG
Many sips will say you can't place a butterfly effect on a 2nd quarter play and say USC would have won.

Those same moronic sips swear up and down that they would've beaten Bama with McCoy
Your Friend
AggieBand2004 said:

Many sips will say you can't place a butterfly effect on a 2nd quarter play and say USC would have won.

Those same moronic sips swear up and down that they would've beaten Bama with McCoy

You're comparing one play to losing an all American qb in the 1st qtr
DifferenceMaker Ag
Your Friend said:

AggieBand2004 said:

He should be thankful. Alabama just saved him a whole bunch of extra pain. Results of the game was not in doubt to a sane person.
racerfink
All-American QB? So now it's fake news reporter schtick?
Muy
AG
Your Friend said:

AggieBand2004 said:

He already earned the nickname "Cart" before that game. It was bound to happen against an SEC team.
AggieBand2004
AG
Your Friend said:

AggieBand2004 said:

It took 8 minutes and 1 post to prove my point.
Thanks, dip****
Your Friend
racerfink said:

All-American QB? So now it's fake news reporter schtick?

He was a unanimous 1st team all American
David_Puddy
AG
Another evening on Texags defending a school that took a runny sh-t on your application? Ridiculous
Ag83
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

I would give this a thousand blue stars if I could.
goodAg80
AG
Your Friend said:

AggieBand2004 said:

Or to a starting QB who played all game injured and could hardly throw.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

Shut. It. Down.
Muy
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

That'll do.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
In all honesty from a neutral person USC deserves to be crowned the champion. Deduct 7 points or even 4 (7-3) and USC wins.

Debate closed. USC champions
88agg
AG
I've seen the still picture but that's the first time I've watched the video. Why wasn't that an illegal forward pass?
Nevermind it looks like it was just barely backwards pitch.
digging tunnels
AG
So for the same sips who think they would have won if McCoy didn't get injured, does that mean they wouldn't have played in game if Bradford didn't get hurt too?
Your Friend
If a sooner thought ou would've won had Bradford not gone out, I wouldn't get hysterical
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

If a sooner thought ou would've won had Bradford not gone out, I wouldn't get hysterical

OU wasn't completely outmatched physically by Texas. Texas was completely outmatched physically by Alabama. It was obvious from the jump to anyone.
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Go to bed, log off of Texags. Wake up log onto Texags. Freaking awful....how does someone who went to Concordia do this daily during the week?
Squadron7
AG
The VY knee thing in the 2nd quarter doesn't bother me. So much time left to play at that point.

My favorite ref bailout of Texas was McCoy's throwaway pass against Nebraska? that should have run out the clock......but, miraculously, didn't.
goodAg80
AG
Your Friend said:

So you agree that Bama would have scored twice as many points if Greg McElroy did not have two cracked ribs plaguing him during the game?

AggieBand2004
AG
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

OU wasn't completely outmatched physically by Texas. Texas was completely outmatched physically by Alabama. It was obvious from the jump to anyone.

Yep. It was a national championship game where we saw one team get to take their foot off the gas for the entire second half
GAC06
AG
Your Friend said:

Hypothetically, what would someone have to say to get you hysterical enough to cut yourself?
88jrt06
AG
Didn't Reggie Bush do something stupid as he was about to score, also? Costly?

Apologize, don't have or watch LHN; last saw game...live. Like 99% of non-horns.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.