Dallas's revered Ticket "sports" radio station

7,397 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cy_Tolliver
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Beto O'Rourke guys. Figures

Quote:

AggieBand2004
AG
They are journalists. All of them are lefties
Hood
AG
Show us on the doll where Dallas touched you, Bo.
Hood
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

They are journalists. All of them are lefties
And what AB said - they're all journalists. It's a field where about 85-90% of them are democrats.
BohunkAg
AG
Hood said:

I just think Corby is a tool. Expected better from Rhyner though.
HeyMoe
AG
Quit the Ticket years ago, because of crap like this.
Eric Forman
AG
Such crap and horrible bias here... both the Democrat and Republican platforms are equally worthless in every way.
Bottlehead90
AG
BohunkAg said:

Hood said:

I just think Corby is a tool. Expected better from Rhyner though.

I just think Corby is a tool who can't think for himself. Politics aside
mntamu23
As a DFW resident, I can say that I've never really tuned into The Ticket and always preferred 105.3. Their bias against A&M in favor of the sips doesn't help, and this seals the deal. I'm also sick and tired of politics being dragged into EVERYTHING.
BohunkAg
AG
I just don't get it.....as crappy as some of the shows I've heard are....and as good as some of the shows I've listened to are, none of them have political candidates on....much less freaking Beto. This seems like a dumbass move for a powerhouse sports radio station.
RockwallAg99
AG
HeyMoe said:

Quit the Ticket years ago, because of crap like this.
Yep, same here. Only one on that station worth listening to is Sturm
Red Rover
AG
Prepare yourself for the ticket p1s to flood this thread telling you all they arent liberal or biased against A&M.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
"journalism" is that the same degree as "lesbian dancing"?

I remember in college who studied journalism, the nobody's, little loser kids that had no life...or brains for that mater
AgCat93
AG
mntamu23 said:

I'm also sick and tired of politics being dragged into EVERYTHING.

This x 100
Garrelli 5000
AG
Corby is a known moron and idiot to boot. Care to guess his political colors? He wears them on his snot covered sleeve.
Take the trash out staff.
Bones08
AG
AgCat93 said:

mntamu23 said:

I'm also sick and tired of politics being dragged into EVERYTHING.

This x 100
Like when people start political threads on non-political message boards.
EastSideAg2002
Bones08
AG
Dorthy Mantooth is a saint.
goodAg80
AG
aezmvp
The Ticket is spectacularly bad about this. You can get a bit of it from 103.3 but they're so God awful on actual sports that it's painful listening to it. 105.3 is a bit better but the whole group are so smarmy I can't listen to it anymore. And to be honest anytime they talk about politics they're so uninformed it's painful.
BohunkAg
AG
I've actually started listening way more to podcasts.....local sports radio doesn't interest me like it used to for whatever reason.
AgGrad99
AG
I love the Ticket.

do I agree with every opinion, of every personality? Nope.

So, as an adult, I've developed the basic ability to simply disagree with them from time to time, and continue listening the rest of the time.
CAD_ag
Outside of Sturm "The Ticket" is not much different than "The View."
Ronnie Mund
AgGrad99 said:

I love the Ticket.

do I agree with every opinion, of every personality? Nope.

So, as an adult, I've developed the basic ability to simply disagree with them from time to time, and continue listening the rest of the time.
You're like, really mature and sh*t.
AgGrad99
AG
Yes I know.

Self Awareness comes with maturity.
Mr Global Warming
So when I get more mature, I'll enjoy supporting a sports radio station that continually dogs my team and makes fun of political ideologies that I tend to agree with and if anyone disagrees with me I can inform them that they aren't mature enough to understand? Sounds like becoming more mature will be a real kick in the dick.
AgGrad99
AG
If that's what you take away from listening to that station...you have a long way to go.

I'll be rooting for you though.

In all seriousness, it's been nothing but praise for the Aggies, from every show on that station, all week. And they rarely discuss anything remotely related to politics. It's pretty obvious it's not on their radar. Not sure how anyone would get that upset at any of their schtick.
Mr Global Warming
I have never listened to that station, but thank you for confirming that I am not mature enough yet if I don't support a station that works against my interests. Hopefully I can get matured when I am as old and wise as you.
AgGrad99
AG
88jrt06
AG
I know traffic sucks, but regional sports radio?
Does ma churn the butter back home while you head to work? Upgrade: Pawn shops may still have 8-track players.
My sports radio is Aggie post-game, period. Why suffer fools? Generally, you know more than them anyway.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Hood said:

Dallas WOULD try to get some D
AnScAggie
AG
Mr Global Warming said:

So when I get more mature, I'll enjoy supporting a sports radio station that continually dogs my team and makes fun of political ideologies that I tend to agree with and if anyone disagrees with me I can inform them that they aren't mature enough to understand? Sounds like becoming more mature will be a real kick in the dick.

I completely agree. Just like so many others, I am tired of being required to tolerate opposing political views on so many different sports broadcasts. Sports used to be an escape from real world struggle and strife, where different people could come together and support a single thing together and check their politics at the door. Nowadays, I feel like I am getting a thorough vetting of coaches, owners, players and sportscasters politics because they feel so entitled to let me know their beliefs. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to let me and others like myself know how irrational, childish and small minded we are for deciding to change the station or find another outlet for entertainment?
88jrt06
AG
-click-

F them. All.
Velvet Jones
AG
Is there anything about Dallass that doesn't suck?
screw-tu
Mr Global Warming said:

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.