Championship ring

5,300 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LonghornDub
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get mine tonight, along with about 44,000 other people, bringing the total to over 100,000 rings given away by owner Jim Crane. Eat your hearts out, Rangers' fans.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

45-70Ag
AG
End Of Message
AG
goodAg80
AG
nortex97
AG
I naively assumed this would be coach Mensa awarding an offseason championship hydration ring to Breck girl.
David_Puddy
AG
Anyone who wears one of these out in public should be beaten with a baseball bat.
Ronnie Mund
Cholos and jersey wearers think having a replica ring is badazz.
85AustinAg
AG
Congrats old man. Expecting much out of your alma mater this fall?
txjortsagent
AG
Baylor win some kind of raping award?
99 Luft
txjortsagent said:

Baylor win some kind of raping award?
They did.

Here is the championship ring:

For those "special" occasions.
VivaLaLefty
AG
Up for posting a picture of it here when you get it? I've heard that there are a few variations of the ring, but I only can find photos of the Tier 1 rings online.
Bottlehead90
AG
Tshirt fan buying a ring for someone else's accomplishment

Check
GAC06
AG
nortex97 said:

I naively assumed this would be coach Mensa awarding an offseason championship hydration ring to Breck girl.

No, he gave her a nuvaring
AGinHI
AG
Dubs asking for his ring

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Muy
AG
goodAg80 said:

that's a nice wedding ring right there!
WhoHe
AG
Talk about the participation trophy generation ...

At least my 5-year-old actually played on the Purple Ponies to get her plastic trophy.
LonghornDub
VivaLaLefty said:

Up for posting a picture of it here when you get it? I've heard that there are a few variations of the ring, but I only can find photos of the Tier 1 rings online.
Sorry, I don't have the ability to post pics on here. It's big, sparkly, heavy and metal. The ring may be fake, but the World Series Championship is genuine. Suffer, Metrosexuals.

GAC06
AG
What does a grown ass man do with a fake championship ring? Are you going to wear it around and explain that no, you've never competed for a championship but you got it from a crackerjack box?
goodAg80
AG
GAC06 said:

What does a grown ass man do with a fake championship ring? Are you going to wear it around and explain that no, you've never competed for a championship but you got it from a crackerjack box?
Maybe the rings go over big a lemon parties.
DatTallArchitect
AG
The team I grew up a fan of has won multiple World Series during my life. I never felt pathetic enough to feel the need to purchase a fake WS ring. You have my pity.
jja79
AG
Fits in with his fake alma mater.
LonghornDub
The ring was a free handout at the game, and I gave it to my wife who put it in a bookcase.

To paraphrase Big Daddy, I smell the distinctive odor of jealousy on this thread.

William K. Klingaman
Totally jealous. Did you put it on the shelf with your collection of Reader's Digest?
dixichkn
AG
David_Puddy said:

Anyone who wears one of these out in public should be beaten with a baseball bat.

Agreed. And I'm a huge Astros fan. Stop with the fake rings already. It's kinda sad.
45-70Ag
AG
I grew up in Chicago in a house that was beyond pro Notre Dame although my dad went to Boston college. My five uncles went there along with their kids. My dad took me to three home games every year when i lived at home and he still goes to their games to this day. The history of the gipper, four horseman, Rockne, hornung and a slew of other things are fascinating.

Having said that, if they somehow won a national title ever again, i can't think of anyone i know who would want a cheap replica ring. If it was the real ring............all bets are off.
stick93
AG
Don't let 'em get to ya dub. Whenever your old ass is feeling spunky: put that ***** on a big gold chain, grab a baseball bat, and go get on and off public transportation. It's a Tom Herman starter kit.
AgGrad99
AG
Is this a thing?

Fans can buy replica championship rings?
vin1041
AG
Dub those rings are pretty cool! I got my ring Wednesday night. The game sucked!
LonghornDub
vin1041 said:

Dub those rings are pretty cool! I got my ring Wednesday night. The game sucked!
Everyone near me was texting pics of the ring everywhere. The game did definitely suck.

TPS_Report
AG
LonghornDub said:

I get mine tonight, along with about 44,000 other people, bringing the total to over 100,000 rings given away by owner Jim Crane. Eat your hearts out, Rangers' fans.
So do you sell peanuts or cotton candy?
TX_Aggie37
AG
I would rather the Rangers never win a World Series in my lifetime than be the guy that is pumped enough about owning a replica ring that I'd post about it in a rivalries forum talking trash.
dixichkn
AG
Take the damn money we spent on all those fake rings and get an effing closer for God's sake
stick93
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

I would rather the Rangers never win a World Series in my lifetime than be the guy that is pumped enough about owning a replica ring that I'd post about it in a rivalries forum talking trash.

It's looking like one grueling decision that you'll never have to worry about making. Rangers fans are cute.
LonghornDub
It was announced today that Crane is giving them away again in late August. Good luck, guys.

Astros won the ASG tonight; Bregman was MVP and gave the Camaro to his Mom. Suffer, stRangers.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.