Herman gets a free pass on playing a concussed QB?

7,800 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by goodAg80
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Didn't watch today. Are they still running him a ton? The kid is tough, but he also is the other extreme of Kyler. He doesn't protect himself at all.

Constantly. They like to run a basic qb sweep out of shotgun. They don't try to conceal it or anyting. He just gets the snap and runs student body left/right. The hit above came at the end of one that had been extended to the sideline.

Sip ran the ball 33 times today. ehlinger had 16 carries. Warren had 12. No one else had more than 2.
The Collective
AG
That is insane... kinda makes me thinks that Herman does not think Sam is the future. You wouldn't do this if you thought he was, would you?
MetoliusAg
They ran him on designed runs, plus he had to run on pass plays due to sip OL . In OT, there was damn near a carbon copy to last week's play of his head being bounced off the turf on a sideline tackle. He got up right away this time, but looked a little dazed. Very next play he threw the ball to an okiest db.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, 3 of those "carries" were sacks and there may be a scramble or two. But they are calling his # in the designed running game as much as the RB's, if not more. And they aren't effective anyway. That's what I dont get either. He's not a statue but he's not a threat either. It's just this plodding grinder play that was doing nothing other than getting the qb hit.
MetoliusAg
Agreed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
CJS4715 said:

That is insane... kinda makes me thinks that Herman does not think Sam is the future. You wouldn't do this if you thought he was, would you?

You do have to wonder about this. That said, I think Herman may simply a meathead tough guy that doesn't care. I almost wonder if he's doing it to send a message to the entire team of the toughness he expects from this program. But he's going to burn up a qb doing it.
Jock 07
AG
I believe this was brought up last week but is this the type of medical discretion bill was warning everyone about?
moz
etcetera said:

Very next play he threw the ball to an okiest db.
Sure about this?
RAB87
AG
CJS4715 said:

Didn't watch today. Are they still running him a ton? The kid is tough, but he also is the other extreme of Kyler. He doesn't protect himself at all.
The fake news sports media created the narrative that he is tough. He was hurt all the time at Westlake High. Charmin tough.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Watching his running style makes it unsurprising that he has an injury history. Not elusive and doesn't do a good job of running with a tillt to make himself a smaller target. That's partly why he keeps getting ragdolled resulting in the back of his head bouncing off the ground
Muy
AG
Poor kid's gonna start talking like Bobby Bouche' before this season is over. Nice job, Herman!
nu awlins ag
AG
No QB is going to want to run that type of offense.
wbt5845
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

etcetera said:

holy sheet.

his head basketballed off the ground again.

They keep insisting on running a completely moronic qb sweep with his slow ass and he gets pummeled. the concussions are going to pile up quickly because they are going to start coming on innocuous hits.
This.

Concussions are like heat stroke - once you've had one, the second is easier - the third easier still. And so on.

To play devil's advocate a little bit (and damn that saying is appropriate here) - he didn't look as bad after that hit in the OK State game. The coaches never had a chance to check him out.

The OU game was a straight up mortal sin - kid was unconscious - he was exhibiting the fencing response while on the ground. If a doc actually OK'd him returning to that game, this must be him.

TCSD84
RAB87 said:

CJS4715 said:

The fake news sports media created the narrative that he is tough. He was hurt all the time at Westlake High. Charmin tough.
^^^ this exactly. Pretty sure he was concussed in high school too. Got to start wondering if his parents care at all?
bmks270
AG
goodAg80 said:

DAAMMMNNNN...

This is the first I saw this.... INSANE he was put back in the game. Doc or coach or both should be fired. Whole staff. Shouldn't have to pay a buyout after that footage.
bmks270
AG
This kid already has brain damage. He will be less functional leaving TU that when he arrived. Sounds like a standard sip joke but it is not a joke, it's tragic.
pinche gringo
AG
bmks270 said:

This kid already has brain damage. He will be less functional leaving TU that when he arrived. Sounds like a standard sip joke but it is not a joke, it's tragic.
At least he earned his brain damage. The other sips have to pay for it.
Born Maroon
AG
MASTERMIND
goodAg80
AG
Mensa:

Quote:

Roland Berrill, an Australian barrister, and Dr. Lancelot Ware, a British scientist and lawyer, founded Mensa at Lincoln College, in Oxford, England, in 1946.

Berrill and Ware were both disappointed with the resulting society. Berrill had intended Mensa as "an aristocracy of the intellect", and was unhappy that a majority of Mensans came from humble homes, while Ware said, "I do get disappointed that so many members spend so much time solving puzzles".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.