tu prefers light skinned black people to darker ones

6,086 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Muy
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Students cry foul when black beauty contest winner deemed "not black enough"

http://abc13.com/news/ut-miss-black-winner-criticized-for-not-being-black-enough/1959571/
Chosen One
I'm a mixed race individual

With that said I know what it is like when my Mexican cousins call me their gringo cousin and my white family refers to me as their Mexican cousin.

I feel bad for this girl, she is who she is,nothing will change that for them to say that is as much an attack on her as the system.
goodAg80
AG
I reserve judgment on whether I approve her skin color until after I see the swimsuit competition pictures.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
The brothas genes are not strong with that one.
Potcake
AG
I'm not exactly the most conservative but why have a black only beauty pageant? A whites only one would catch some shi*. Beauty pageants are stupid anyway, especially those little kid ones.
marble rye
AG
Lol #blackpeopleproblems
tbirdspur2010
AG
Quote:

Miss Black pageant

Oh ffs, this is the root of the problem right here.
AggieTFA06
AG
People don't want us to judge transgender people, but they want us to judge how "black" someone is?

Liberals are so confusing.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
tbirdspur2010
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Lol #blackpeopleproblems

Of all the wide, wonderfully awful pantheon of racial superfluous poppycock people get hung up on, the light skin/dark skin brouhaha among black people HAS to be the worst.
ArcticPenguin
Black only? Even my liberal ass can see that is racist. All hell would break loose if it was white only
Sponge
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

Black only? Even my liberal ass can see that is racist. All hell would break loose if it was white only

They probably started for the same reason as black colleges, because they weren't included in the white versions so they started their own. It's not racism anyway; you should look up that word in the dictionary so you know how to use it.
petey88

I'm kind of surprised some sip didn't bleach bomb the event
Al Bula
AG
[Way over the line. On a long break.]
BiochemAg97
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

People don't want us to judge transgender people, but they want us to judge how "black" someone is?

Liberals are so confusing.
One article on this I saw said she talked about her mixed race background during the pageant and then showed a tweet where someone complained about selecting someone who didn't "identify as black".

This one has the comment about her not having to deal with being black. The beauty pageant has "how much discrimination did you face" as a criteria? My guess is that actually ask something along those lines in the Q/A portion, and she talked about her mixed race background and how she doesn't really fit in as either white or black.

Labeling her "not black enough" and believing she didn't face any of the discrimination that blacks face is itself an acknowledgment of a belief that whites are more tolerant of light skinned blacks than blacks are.

BiochemAg97
AG
Sponge said:

ArcticPenguin said:

They probably started for the same reason as black colleges, because they weren't included in the white versions so they started their own. It's not racism anyway; you should look up that word in the dictionary so you know how to use it.
not sure what you are going for here.

noun prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Clearly a black only beauty pageant excludes and therefor discriminates against someone of a different race. Are you saying that the discrimination is not based on a belief of superiority and therefor it isn't racism?
SWCBonfire
AG
Y'all are late to the party

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2852551

Wildmen03
AG
Not on OR, don't give a ****.
aggie813
So let me get this straight....A black woman can win a "regular" beauty pageant (Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe) and an all black beauty pageant. What happened to minorities calling for a fair chance?
txjortsagent
AG
Reminds me of the Miss Black Awareness pageant on Coming to America.

You know him as Joe the policeman on the 'What's goin' down' episode of That's My Mama. Put your hands together for Jackson Heights own! Mr Randy Watson!
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
#OnlyBlackEnoughLivesMatter
nu awlins ag
AG
txjortsagent said:

You know him as Joe the policeman on the 'What's goin' down' episode of That's My Mama. Put your hands together for Jackson Heights own! Mr Randy Watson!
...and his band Sexual Chocolate.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
nu awlins ag said:

txjortsagent said:

"That boy good!!!"
MD20/20
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

nu awlins ag said:

txjortsagent said:

"That boy good!!!"
"mmhmm, good 'n terrible"
Tom Doniphon
"But you know, when I look at these contestants! For the Miss Black Awareness Pageant, I feel good! I feel good, because I know there's a God somewhere! There's a God somewhere! Turn around ladies for me please! You know there's a God who sits on high and looks down low! Man cannot make it like this! Larry Flynt! Hugh Hefner! They can take the picture, but you can't make it! Only God above, the Hugh Hefner on high, can make it for ya!"
BRAVEAG
I like my coffee with a lil' cream
Muy
AG
Obama got the goofy black guy look because of his white half, and the athleticism of Erkel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.