TCU AD picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

9,809 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jickyjack1
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
etexorange said:

Quote:

That stadium will largely be empty.
When's the last time that same stadium was sold out for y'all's game with Arkansas?

Has it ever happened?

I honestly don't know. I would doubt it. Kind of the point, though. We can fill 100,000+ Kyle Field. TCU is too small to fill a 40,000+ stadium. Ohio State travels well, but not that well for a non-bowl game.
txjortsagent
AG
I guarantee you that the Aggie side is always full. I could care less about the pigs
Macarthur
AggieTFA06 said:

TCU is very good at football. Probably not as good as Alabama, but at least good enough to beat teams like kansas and iowa state.
TCU has actually done pretty well when they have played big venues such as the Rose Bowl and when they played LSU in the Deathstar.

The attendance smack towards TCU has always been a bit silly to me. They have something like 88,000 living alumni. They couldn't fill A&M stadium. Now, when you compare them to like privates, they do well. Their issue has always been the fact that too many of them like to stay out in the parking lot and party.

But to Del Conte, he may be overselling his brand a bit here, but he is a damn good AD and when you look at his Head Football, Basketball & Baseball coaches, they have a damn good group.
AgDotCom
Quote:

The attendance smack towards TCU has always been a bit silly to me.
There is a reason for this. Well, make that multiple reasons.

jickyjack1
Deputy Travis Junior said:

After Hyman and whatever stiff we have right now, I know we're not used to ADs promoting their schools, but this is actually the sort of thing they're supposed to do. Plus, hard to begrudge him some exaggeration with the tear TCU is on right now. Their football, basketball, and baseball coaches are all better than any coaches we've ever had.

Is you crazy?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.