TCU AD picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

9,893 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jickyjack1
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article147401554.html

Quote:

"Playing a game like this as a one-off at a neutral site is phenomenal for TCU in terms of national exposure," Del Conte said. "TCU is at the point where we're viewed in the same light as an Alabama, a USC that's played at AT&T Stadium. These are big-time games."
Wildcat
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
Potcake
AG
Good job there, Del.
wbt5845
AG
Potcake said:

Good job there, Del.
I did a GIS for "Drunk DeLoss Dodds" and found this instead. It's much better.

aggiehawg
AG
Well, that's some spin, there. The B1G has rules about playing OOC games against FBS opponents. TCU is just road kill for the Buckeyes. Jerruh will make more from the TV rights than he will on attendance. That stadium will largely be empty.
Bobcat06
AG
wbt5845 said:

Potcake said:

Good job there, Del.

WTH?
goodAg80
AG
Brazos Born
wbt5845
AG
Bobcat06 said:

wbt5845 said:

Potcake said:

Good job there, Del.

WTH?
There are so many hidden nuggets in that picture. You can look at it all day and probably still find funny things.
Silent For Too Long
Wow, just a few years ago he was stuck in Dodd's waiting room all day, and now he's apparently one of the programs uta aspires to be.

Lil'Purple Baylor is coming up in the world.
petey88

so does this mean baylro rapists & tceh tards are up there to ?
J.P. 03
AG
Even though Del Conte is off his rocker, at least the author is still grounded in reality:
Quote:

Del Conte said he also considered how two games against the powerhouse Buckeyes would affect TCU's College Football Playoff aspirations. The matchup aids strength of schedule, but a loss by a big margin could be negative.

No mention of the possibility of TCU actually winning this matchup anywhere in the article.
Bottlehead90
AG
Now if they could only convince people that buy tickets to Amon Carter that the games are important.
McInnis80
Let me get this straight. You won the CFB lottery when Ohio State gave you a home and home because of the "Little Sisters of the Poor" remarks of G. Gordon Gee, and you trade it for one neutral site game at Jerry World? I will be very surprised if TCU has more fans in attendance than Ohio State. Don't think they will come? They sold out the Irwin Center in Austin to watch a closed circuit broadcast of the game at UT.

I understand why Jerry made a play for this. With the Week 1 Cowboys Classic, the A&M/Arkansas game and then this game, it would a huge payday for the stadium. Jerry saw first hand how well Ohio State travels when they hosted the Title game.

TCU is in the same league as the big boys? Try filling up your 45k stadium first.
AgDotCom
McInnis80
I am sure that the Frog Fans looking forward to a trip to The Shoe in Columbus can't wait for that trip to Purdue. I also bet FOX is real happy to see a chance to have a game with Ohio State in the Big 12 TV package go out to bid, probably to ESPN. Gotta love how the Big 12 treats their business partners!
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

"I understand their angst," he said Friday in an interview with the Star-Telegram. "But when we collectively make a decision me, Coach Patterson, our university leadership we're talking about what is best for TCU, our program, moving forward."
Translation: Getting our ass kicked by tOSU once is better than getting our ass kicked by tOSU twice.
Madman
AG
TCU doin their happy dance.

aTm2004
AG
Madman said:

TCU doin their happy dance.

85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Why do TCU season tix holders and donors pay for a new stadium and season tix if we aren't going to play big home games there?

Playing in the BDF has its benefits I suppose but playing "big" games at home isn't one of them...
Txgunrnnr
AG
wbt5845 said:

Potcake said:

Good job there, Del.

That right there is a young Spencer Nealy!
dixichkn
AG

Nm
W
AG
TCU could not beat a 7-6 Arkansas team at home last year.

and probably isn't winning in Fayetteville this year
brainman5000
AG
Still, I'd put money on Patterson before Stoops or Herman.
dixichkn
AG
wbt5845 said:

TCU is at the point where we're viewed in the same light as an Alabama, a USC that's played at AT&T Stadium.
Deputy Travis Junior
After Hyman and whatever stiff we have right now, I know we're not used to ADs promoting their schools, but this is actually the sort of thing they're supposed to do. Plus, hard to begrudge him some exaggeration with the tear TCU is on right now. Their football, basketball, and baseball coaches are all better than any coaches we've ever had.
Direct Enter Enter
aggiehawg said:

Well, that's some spin, there. The B1G has rules about playing OOC games against FBS opponents. TCU is just road kill for the Buckeyes. Jerruh will make more from the TV rights than he will on attendance. That stadium will largely be empty.
Ohio State travels as well as anyone, as the dirt burglars discovered last year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is essentially a home game for the Buckeyes.
always gig em
AG
this is by far one of the most hilarious movies ever
Kool
AG
goodAg80 said:

I wonder if the SPCA got involved in this situation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flashdiaz
AG
Kool said:

goodAg80 said:

I wonder if the SPCA got involved in this situation.

To what, take the cats away? I hope not.
etexorange
Quote:

That stadium will largely be empty.
When's the last time that same stadium was sold out for y'all's game with Arkansas?

Has it ever happened?
Science Denier
AG
goodAg80 said:

WTF is wrong with you? That ****ing image will now be in my head all damn day.

DAMN!!!!
AggieTFA06
AG
TCU is very good at football. Probably not as good as Alabama, but at least good enough to beat teams like kansas and iowa state.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.