The Texas-Texas Tech rivalry somehow came up during the FBI’s Russia hearing

3,951 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Maroon Dawn
Sniffing Accountant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

"Putin hated Secretary Clinton so much, the flip side of that coin was he had a clear preference for the person running against the person he hated," Comey said.

"That might work on Saturday afternoon, when my wife's Red Raiders are playing the Texas Longhorns. She really likes the Red Raiders," Conaway said. "But all the rest of the time ... logic is, that because he really didn't like candidate Clinton that he automatically liked Trump. That assessment's based on what?"

"Whoever the Red Raiders are playing, you want the Red Raiders to win. By definition, you want their opponent to lose," the director said, later explaining that when one side wins, the other side loses.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/3/20/14983598/texas-tech-texas-rivalry-fbi-comey-conaway
J.P. 03
AG
And just like the football game, the ratings were virtually nonexistent because it aired during a time slot when no one was watching on a network no one could find.
Ronnie Mund
So desperate to get Tech noticed.
Señor Chang
AG
Hope that guys enjoys his Raider Rash
The Collective
AG
Bet that dude likes the taste of chlamydia.
Maroon Dawn
AG
The Texas-Tech "rivalry"

ABATTBQ11
AG
If my wife were a tech grad, I would not be caught dead stating it publicly. You might as well just hang up a sign outside your house that says, "Diseased ho lives here, bang at your own risk."
ccatag
AG
tu and tceh need to stay together always!

Made for each other
etexorange
Quote:

And just like the football game, the ratings were virtually nonexistent because it aired during a time slot when no one was watching on a network no one could find.
What's funny about this statement is that the Texas-Tech game at 11 a.m. on Nov. 5, 2016 had more than a million viewers, more than that night's primetime games on ESPNU and ESPN2 (as well as the head-to-head 11 a.m. game on ESPN2).

Yet you think A&M-Mississippi State (an Aggie loss) got more than a million viewers... at 11 a.m.... on the SEC Network? Laughable.
Maroon Dawn
AG
That is some fantastic cherry picking right there to try and ignore the reality that nobody in Texas bothers to watch the Lil 10 since Daddy A&M left
goodAg80
AG
CJS4715 said:

Bet that dude likes the taste of chlamydia.
Who knew it had a taste? Cinnamon?
YouBet
AG
Dude loves sports analogies between this and the Patriots-Giants.
Flexbone
etexorange said:

Quote:

What's funny about this statement is that the Texas-Tech game at 11 a.m. on Nov. 5, 2016 had more than a million viewers, more than that night's primetime games on ESPNU and ESPN2 (as well as the head-to-head 11 a.m. game on ESPN2).

Yet you think A&M-Mississippi State (an Aggie loss) got more than a million viewers... at 11 a.m.... on the SEC Network? Laughable.

Yeah...let's compare tv rating data since we left. Go ahead.
DifferenceMaker Ag
My respect for the federal government just dropped to a level that heretofore I considered impossible to achieve.
etexorange
Quote:

Yeah...let's compare tv rating data since we left. Go ahead.
OK. Based on reported numbers

Last year, Texas televised football games drew 29.377 million viewers on obscure channels that no one can get,

while Texas A&M 27.319 viewers on the world's best contracted college football television platform.

Texas played two games on Longhorn Network, you played four games on SEC Network. All of those ratings are unlisted. I'll cancel out two/two and give you a very, very generous 1.5 million viewers for the remaining SEC Network games. I also split the numbers in half on the one Texas game that was ABC regional.

Texas 29.377 viewers > A&M 28.819.

We outdrew you with a third losing season in a row on channels everyone insists "no one can find."

What happened to all that aggie excitement about having a good football team?

How can Texas -- with a third losing season in a row -- achieve television viewer parity (on channels no one can find), with the most loyal fanbase in the world, who play all their games on the best televisions channels in the universe?
OldArmy1606
Lol, i call bullsh*t
aggiedad55
AG
Hey etexorange, you had more sips watching on TV because no one went to any of your games. They just stayed home.
BiochemAg97
AG
etexorange said:

Quote:

DYeah...let's compare tv rating data since we left. Go ahead.
OK. Based on reported numbers

Last year, Texas televised football games drew 29.377 million viewers on obscure channels that no one can get,

while Texas A&M 27.319 viewers on the world's best contracted college football television platform.

Texas played two games on Longhorn Network, you played four games on SEC Network. All of those ratings are unlisted. I'll cancel out two/two and give you a very, very generous 1.5 million viewers for the remaining SEC Network games. I also split the numbers in half on the one Texas game that was ABC regional.

Texas 29.377 viewers > A&M 28.819.

We outdrew you with a third losing season in a row on channels everyone insists "no one can find."

What happened to all that aggie excitement about having a good football team?

How can Texas -- with a third losing season in a row -- achieve television viewer parity (on channels no one can find), with the most loyal fanbase in the world, who play all their games on the best televisions channels in the universe?

Something seems off. You said you split regional numbers in half, but then show the same number.
ttu_85
ABATTBQ11 said:

If my wife were a tech grad, I would not be caught dead stating it publicly. You might as well just hang up a sign outside your house that says, "Diseased ho lives here, bang at your own risk."
If your wife were a red Raider she'd be pullin' 6 figs, have every eye ball in the joint on her. And you'd feel like a bad ass and a million bucks just out of association. Besides antibiotics are cheap.
Maroon Dawn
AG
ttu_85 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

If your wife were a red Raider she'd be pullin' 6 figs, have every eye ball in the joint on her. And you'd feel like a bad ass and a million bucks just out of association. Besides antibiotics are cheap.

Stealing figs and other arboreal fruit is not the handsome racket it once was
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.