Over at baylorfans.com...

9,389 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Steve McQueen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posted by BoonDockSaint

Quote:

i still wouldnt trade Arts run of gridiron greatness

scumbags are everywhere on every team in America

most yall live in a vacuum

dont know any thugs from the hood

these guys get a bad wrap just for being a young black man
This is outrageous and I can't help but believe that many others share his sentiments. In their F'd up minds, it was worth a few sexual assaults to get out from under UT and OU's thumb for a few short years.

Burn it down...
The Collective
AG
My opinion... That's an easy thing to say if it wasn't your daughter.
dixichkn
AG
Their level of self awareness is just astounding
CDUB98
AG
astounding
BBQ4Me
AG
People at PSU still revere Paterno. You need a death penalty to get them to focus on things more important than football
Ragoo
AG
if this was happening at TAMU the AD/12thman foundation would never see another dime from me.
The Collective
AG
I don't even find Baylor and Penn State to be comparable. Paterno was so ingrained in that community that the continued allegiance to him makes some sense. He also coached and lived through an era of time that probably dealt with people like Sandusky in exactly the manner he did - ignore it and pretend it is not happening. Is that ok? No, it is sick and weak.

Briles, on the other hand, really had not been at Baylor that long relatively speaking, and his entire career there was spent during a time of political correctness and absolute total awareness of the female plight on a college campus. What was his and BAYLOR's reaction to it?

Victim blame.
Intimidation.
Fake statistics to give the impression of a perfectly safe environment.
Cover-up for the "poor thugs" who can't possibly be expected to behave.

Screw those people... the firings they have done are not enough. They were merely scapegoats.
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah, y'all are just living in a vacuum. These guys that commit gang rapes aren't thugs, they're just being young black men.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

they're just being young black men.

Uh... no. That remark is uncalled for.
ZEEB
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

You're inability to decipher sarcasm is uncalled for
CactusThomas
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Of course its uncalled for. That's the point I was making. I repeated the Baylor fan's comment to show how offensive it was.

Zephyr knows what's going on.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Furk. I'm an idiot.
bonfarr
AG
The Art Briles era was the only time in 80 years that Baylol was relevant in College football. Those losers will never let go of it because they know what is ahead of them as they return to being that school you pencil in as a gimme win on the calendar.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Was over on ODB the other day and those lemmings were seriously arguing that the new stadium would have still been built regardless if Briles had been there or not.
Macarthur
Steve McQueen said:

Posted by BoonDockSaint

Quote:

i still wouldnt trade Arts run of gridiron greatness

scumbags are everywhere on every team in America

most yall live in a vacuum

dont know any thugs from the hood

This is outrageous and I can't help but believe that many others share his sentiments. In their F'd up minds, it was worth a few sexual assaults to get out from under UT and OU's thumb for a few short years.

Burn it down...

This really is a disgusting post on a number of levels. I always feel as though I need a shower after I go to that site. There are some posters over there that I really feel sorry for the women in their lives.
dermdoc
AG
You can't change folks like that. All you can do is punish them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BiochemAg97
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Was over on ODB the other day and those lemmings were seriously arguing that the new stadium would have still been built regardless if Briles had been there or not.
Possibly. It is smaller than the old one. Without Briles, it would have been even smaller than it is. Maybe something like the Waco ISD stadium. Then they wouldn't need tarps.
ClassOf17
Art's run of greatness..

They won one bowl game... the russel athletic bowl
dixichkn
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Furk. I'm an idiot.
no. "You're" an idiot.
Iowaggie
AG
Agree that there are fans on message boards that are idiots, but the small number of Baylor alum I know are not only disgusted & outraged by it, but don't want to send their kids there right now. I know that is a small, less vocal sample of people, but it really seems to have them torn up or embarrassed.

And from what I can gather, the extreme position for Penn State was to shut down their football program, but it wasn't to close or damage the university. I think there is some sentiment that this is bad enough at Baylor that not only should people not send their kids there, but they shouldn't even apply there. Almost a self-imposed death penalty-for the university.

Again, that is a small sample.
Jack Cheese
AG
I don't know. Members of my family that went to Baylor sound a lot like those message board posters... Art was railroaded / happens at every school / Baylol is being persecuted. It disgusts me.

However, I have 2 friends who went there whom I respect. They don't open up about it much but they're not defending it either.

My opinion is that if Baylor regents really mean it when they say the school has a larger Christian purpose, they would voluntarily shut down the athletic department, or at least men's sports. Between the murder/payoff cover up in bball and rapes in football, their self-proclaimed Christian purpose has done nothing but bring shame to the faith.
beanbean
I'm still stunned by the poster on baylorfans earlier in the summer that said he'd "whip his daughters butt" if she was one of those girls that put themselves in that position. He was serious.

So your daughter gets raped or sexually assaulted and your answer will be to assault her again? Yeah, that would do wonders for her mental health. Learn her good.
Jack Cheese
AG
brucoh said:

I'm still stunned by the poster on baylorfans earlier in the summer that said he'd "whip his daughters butt" if she was one of those girls that put themselves in that position. He was serious.

So your daughter gets raped or sexually assaulted and your answer will be to assault her again? Yeah, that would do wonders for her mental health. Learn her good.

Yep, same as Art's text "those are some bad dudes, what's she doing with them?"

Same as Baylor leadership thinking their code of conduct being sufficient to curb sexual or criminal behavior.

As a co-religionist of sorts I'm embarrassed by their shameful attitudes and unwillingness to understand reality. Delusional. Evil.
ClassOf17
Iowaggie said:

Agree that there are fans on message boards that are idiots, but the small number of Baylor alum I know are not only disgusted & outraged by it, but don't want to send their kids there right now. I know that is a small, less vocal sample of people, but it really seems to have them torn up or embarrassed.

And from what I can gather, the extreme position for Penn State was to shut down their football program, but it wasn't to close or damage the university. I think there is some sentiment that this is bad enough at Baylor that not only should people not send their kids there, but they shouldn't even apply there. Almost a self-imposed death penalty-for the university.

Again, that is a small sample.

I live in Waco. There are some people that do find it disgusting, but 98% of Baylor fans refuse to even consider another view other than that Briles wasn't innocent.

Also, if I remember correctly, Penn State was purely athletic. It was one coach, and one who covered him up.

Baylor's isn't just athletic. There's reports that your everyday student was intimidated and told not to press charges. This is the entire university..
Macarthur
Yep. That place has very very big issues.

Anyone that has researched the history of Waco and Baylor knows that place has a real dark underbelly. There is something very wrong with that city and school.
aggiehawg
AG
Anecdotal, The Hubs and I were in Waco yesterday. (Picking up a new boat, yay!) Other than making a reference that he was a Razorback and I was an Aggie we never brought up Baylor, but the owner of the boat yard did. His family has been in Waco forever, but he was horrified at what has happened at Baylor and then the S&C coach getting popped in a prostitution bust his first weekend in Waco.

As far as Waco's reputation goes, he kind of laughed and joked, "I just hope Chip and Johanna don't get a nasty divorce or get caught up in a scandal. Need this bad publicity to stop."

Steve McQueen
AG
Here's some more... Absolutely disgusting.
Quote:

The Regents don't give a damn about destroying this mans life and our schools reputation.

Quote:

Everyone knows he is not coming back to Baylor. However, many of us want Art to land on his feet somewhere and get back to doing what he does best-coach football.

Quote:

Art Briles is one-of-a-kind human being and football coach.

Quote:

Man, I miss Coach Briles. One of a kind.

Quote:

I'm still on the fence on whether or not Art deserved to be fired.

Quote:

While I am excited about the Rhule era, I feel for CAB.

Quote:

Godspeed Art Briles.
BiochemAg97
AG

Quote:

I sure hope there is no other human beings and football coaches that are like Briles.
AgCat93
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Quote:

I sure hope there is no other human beings and football coaches that are like Briles.

He sure is. One too many of a kind.
oragator
Well there is this gem too:

"If Baylor was voted out of B12, which it won't, the B12 would dismantle shortly after. Baylor is probably still the best athletic department in the B12."
aggiehawg
AG
oragator said:

Well there is this gen too:

"If Baylor was voted out of B12, which it won't, the B12 would dismantle shortly after. Baylor is probably still the best athletic department in the B12."
LOL,
Garrelli 5000
AG
Channel surfing while driving earlier and stopped on 105.3 in DFW. I don't know if it was a call-in or one of the hosts, but I heard them discussing bu so I stayed. The guy talking was saying he felt sorry for Briles, wasn't sure if he'd be in the NCAA again any time soon, probably be an NFL QB coach or whatnot. Went on to say he felt sorry for bu.

I can only think any talking head that says they feel sorry for either are 100% ignorant and should choose a different topic.
BESCo91
AG
They are the most delusion & eff'ed up collection of dorks ever assembled.
BRAVEAG
UMichAg said:

People at PSU still revere Paterno. You need a death penalty to get them to focus on things more important than football
WE ARE.....rapists
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

OK, which one of you clowns is over there trolling Baylol? There is no way anyone would say that about 50+ rapes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.