Over at baylorfans.com...

9,388 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If only we were a Muslim school instead of a Baptist one. /baylor fans
CDUB98
AG
oragator said:

Well there is this gem too:

"If Baylor was voted out of B12, which it won't, the B12 would dismantle shortly after. Baylor is probably still the best athletic department in the B12."
dixichkn
AG
oragator said:

"If Baylor was voted out of B12, which it won't, the B12 would dismantle shortly after. Baylor is probably still the best athletic department in the B12."
So 100+ years of SWC/BDF irrelevance still hasn't coursed itself through their veins enough to keep from making statements like this. Any wonder they think CAB got railroaded?
PCC_80
AG
dixichkn said:

oragator said:

So 100+ years of SWC/BDF irrelevance still hasn't coursed itself through their veins enough to keep from making statements like this. Any wonder they think CAB got railroaded?
I would enjoy seeing this happen just to see my cousins faces when Bayrol was turned down by the Mountain West or any other 2nd Tier Conference.
ABATTBQ11
AG
CJS4715 said:

My opinion... That's an easy thing to say if it wasn't your daughter.

If it was his daughter, he'd probably tell her she should have volunteered and taken one for the team. Literally.
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiehawg said:

As far as Waco's reputation goes, he kind of laughed and joked, "I just hope Chip and Johanna don't get a nasty divorce or get caught up in a scandal. Need this bad publicity to stop."

I love Fixer Upper, but every once in a while they feature someone or something Baylor-related (even other than one of them or the kids in BU gear) and it really makes it tough to watch. One show they went down to the Bano on the Brazos to find a brick they donated in Grandpa's name. Blech.
petey88

Seen photos on OR of them on the field with briles and baylro bob3, all smiles and high five stuff.

Makes me want to puke, the whole bunch of 'em.

I've heard some negative stuff about downtown waco business owners aren't happy their taxes have sky rocketed since the tv show got big. On another note, heard a story about a restaurant getting the shaft on a lunch order for some twenty to thirty meals that got canceled something like 3 minutes before it was supposed to be picked up.

Wouldn't be surprised if the put up more statues on the baylro campus. They should add briles and the tv stars in CAB shirts. Wouldn't hurt to alter bb3's to add a CAB shirt as well.

Charlie Conway
I'm pretty sure 90% of the posters on that site are people from Texags just there to troll
MooreTrucker
AG
My wife has a client who's son was on the TV show. We haven't seen the episode yet but it should be coming up soon. They didn't have a bad experience but things definitely are not as they seem on TV (much to no one's surprise). And I think they've already sold that house and moved on.
petey88

yeah, things may be made up for tv. Saw some story about the application process to be on the show. Basically it said the applicants are asked all about the arranged financing for their chosen home, the other houses are thrown in to make it look good for tv.

I admit, they've made themselves into a gold mine in waco.
MooreTrucker
AG
Plus the usual TV stuff like reshooting the reaction shots until the appropriate level of excitement is shown.
Muy
AG
Quote:

these guys get a bad wrap just for being a young black man
yes, a young black man who rapes someone is the victim. total racism.
petey88

saw that story too,...evidently she lost her **** on a shoot, went ballistic on a young couple for not acting "excited"
MooreTrucker
AG
I didn't see a story on it, just relating what my wife was told.
BiochemAg97
AG
petey88 said:

yeah, things may be made up for tv. Saw some story about the application process to be on the show. Basically it said the applicants are asked all about the arranged financing for their chosen home, the other houses are thrown in to make it look good for tv.

Most of the shows about "finding a home" are done the same way.

Interestingly, saw bits of one the other day (likely a rerun, so no idea when it originally aired) where they looked at a bunch of houses and then decided on one. Then Chip finds out a developer purchased the whole block but will give them the house if they move it. Makes you wonder how that really went down.
who?mikejones
AG
Interesting. I've heard the opposite about them from people I know that were on the show.
petey88

That was on awhile back. If I remember correctly, the area was in pretty bad shape. Pretty sure there wasn't much involved in financing a place that was about to be bulldozed anyway. Although I don't know that for a fact.

At times, I have seen the street signs around the hoods for the rebuilds, and know what part of town they are located.

I grew up in that town, left as soon as I got out of high school. Only go back for a occasional visit to see family. Although a couple of years ago, was invited to a party at a friend's home. The house is over 100 years old now, and has been remodeled quite nicely. Just so happens, I lived in that area when I was very young, it turned ghetto well after I moved, and now it seems to be rehabbed. However, just 2-3 blocks away, it is still very ghetto. All of my old friends no longer live in town, this young lady moved there from a small town about 60 miles away.

aggieduke
AG
Chip is salt of the earth. Knew him very well before they got the show. When anyone becomes famous or successful it is easy to find "haters".

It does make me cringe with all the Baylor stuff....but he went there and loves his school....just the same as we love ours.

He always talks Aggie sports with me and never has anything but respect about A&M.

They are good people and have helped alot of folks around here.

MooreTrucker
AG
aggieduke said:

Chip is salt of the earth. Knew him very well before they got the show. When anyone becomes famous or successful it is easy to find "haters".

It does make me cringe with all the Baylor stuff....but he went there and loves his school....just the same as we love ours.

He always talks Aggie sports with me and never has anything but respect about A&M.

They are good people and have helped alot of folks around here.

I've never heard anything disparaging about them, and I would love to meet them. My wife says that Chip and I are long lost twins...except for that Baylor thing.

I was just saying that some of the stuff was staged for TV as you would suspect about any TV show.
The Collective
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Plus the usual TV stuff like reshooting the reaction shots until the appropriate level of excitement is shown.

This is TV. Everything has a fair amount of acting and manufactured drama around "issues" with the house, even with reality house shows. They all use a similar formula.
AggieTFA06
AG
I work in higher education and attended a meeting about Title IX.

Here is the short version of what I learned:

Do the opposite of what Baylor did.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
petey88

So now it turns back to baylro and baylrofans.

If they want to sit around with some defense theory, swim in the mud with like pigs, they have that.

Take photographs with scum and themselves celebrating,...they deserve every bit of bad press they get. Doesn't really matter what I think or believe, crimes were committed.
bonfarr
AG
petey88 said:

All of the TV "Reality Shows" are staged. A couple that was on House Hunters gave an interview to their hometown paper and admitted they were told they had to be already closing on the home before they could be approved. The other 2 houses they looked at belonged to friends of theirs that agreed to let their homes be used because they got free cleaning/painting, etc.

It was explained to them that production crews are expensive and they couldn't waste time following people around if they weren't sure they were going to be able to use the footage.
MooreTrucker
AG
MooreTrucker said:

My wife has a client who's son was on the TV show. We haven't seen the episode yet but it should be coming up soon. They didn't have a bad experience but things definitely are not as they seem on TV (much to no one's surprise). And I think they've already sold that house and moved on.
The ep mentioned here is scheduled for Tuesday the 28th.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
bonfarr said:

petey88 said:

All of the TV "Reality Shows" are staged. A couple that was on House Hunters gave an interview to their hometown paper and admitted they were told they had to be already closing on the home before they could be approved. The other 2 houses they looked at belonged to friends of theirs that agreed to let their homes be used because they got free cleaning/painting, etc.

It was explained to them that production crews are expensive and they couldn't waste time following people around if they weren't sure they were going to be able to use the footage.
Yep, there was a House Hunters filmed in College Station a few years ago. We knew the realtor on the episode from church and asked her about it. She said the couple had already closed on their house (and she wasn't even their realtor). Of the other two houses for the couple to "choose" from, one wasn't even for sale. It's all BS.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.