A former A&M employee

13,539 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chuckwaggie
Spotted Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is now employed at Sodom & Gomorrah on the brazos is telling his staff he was responsible for keeping JFF on the field and out of trouble.

They'really gonna get beveled without consent.
Hood
AG
Then he earned his paycheck twice over.

Thanks and Gig 'em!
Flashdiaz
AG
should have done the same when he was in the NFL for quadruple the salary.
Spotted Ag
AG
Hood said:

Then he earned his paycheck twice over.

Thanks and Gig 'em!

Except he's FOS
Decay
AG
Well then it looks like Baylor sure is going about cleaning up their act the right way
vin1041
AG
Telling another Johnny story. That's one way of taking the heat off of bu.
The Collective
AG
Well, I hope so, because then maybe I won't feel so bad for him taking all of the credit for a brand awareness uptick that had nothing to do with him and everything to do with Manziel and the meteoric rise of the team.
brainman5000
AG
Did this former employee return part of his salary when Johnny was suspended for a half? I mean, if he's the one responsible...
DallasAg 94
That explains Speedy's suspension...

If only we'd kept this guy.
Canyon99
Burning bridges. Good choice.
Lungblood
He's definitely found himself at baylor. What a clown.
The Collective
AG
So, did Baylor hire Cook, because he is good at covering things up?
Scruffy
AG
CJS4715 said:

So, did Baylor hire Cook, because he is good at covering things up?

He's good at stopping leaks.
Look at the AD prior to Cook and a collendor held water better then TAMU athletics held sensitive information.

He moved over as a AD and there were no more leaks on anything.

He's going to help them keep stuff quiet.
agdoc2001
AG
Cook's gone???? Had no idea. Looks like Christmas came early.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bottlehead90
AG
Unfortunately I don't believe anything a baylor employee says

Rape U trying to use A&M for validation and to get attention
FTAggies
Probably why they hired him. Will certainly come in handy as he tries to keep the rapists on the field.
JFrench
AG
I bet you think the billboards were all JFF's idea right?
Sea Gull
AG
Fits right in with their lying ass culture. What a narcissistic piece of ***** So glad he's gone.
Sea Gull
AG
JFrench said:

Oh my. He used billboards to promote a brand? He's a genius marketer!!!
Wildcat
AG
If you are ever in a meeting and you notice that there are a couple of talkative dumb-asses in the room, you can pretty much correctly assume that it's the people from marketing.
RAB87
AG
The only effective marketing we've had was on Jason Cook's watch. Then Eric Hyman happened. We have zero marketing now.
Sea Gull
AG
Wildcat said:

If you are ever in a meeting and you notice that there are a couple of talkative dumb-asses in the room, you can pretty much correctly assume that it's the people from marketing.

Agreed.
Sea Gull
AG
RAB87 said:

The only effective marketing we've had was on Jason Cook's watch. Then Eric Hyman happened. We have zero marketing now.

No, the only marketing we've ever had was our move to the SEC and Johnny. Jason Cook was gifted those 2 marketing treasures. Even he couldn't screw it up.

We have zero marketing now because we can't win meaningful football games.
Jock 07
AG
RAB87 said:

The only effective marketing we've had was on Jason Cook's watch.
But was it a movado?
JFrench
AG
Duck Patrol said:

JFrench said:

Oh my. He used billboards to promote a brand? He's a genius marketer!!!

He seemed to think so. Going to take more than a billboard to fix baylor.

My original comment was poking fun at him btw. Never thought he was anything more than lucky.
ClassOf17
MF Barnes?
YouBet
AG
Shouldn't we confirm op's statement before we jump all over Cooks ass about this?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
YouBet said:

Shouldn't we confirm op's statement before we jump all over Cooks ass about this?
What? The ****? I thought I clicked on the OR board and not the panty party "get our facts straight first" bull**** board! I just finished getting the salt & pepper look at the hair for this voodoo doll and by God I'm going to use this.
Spotted Ag
AG
YouBet said:

Considering I was told this by someone who now works with him I'd say its confirmed...unless you feel like calling his office and asking him yourself, and he's at baylor so he can GFH.
WestAustinAg
AG
Jason is right on this. He did pull Johnny, his parents and the school AD together to keep everything and everybody on the same page and his environment as close to normal as we could hope after he won the Heisman.
Al Bula
AG
I feel two ways about this. If Cook was able to keep the psychotic/bipolar/insert-other-disorder-here Manziel family together, I guess that's cool. We got a Lot of press from the Heisman.

On the other hand I agree with the poster who said Cook got two golden goose eggs dropped into his lap.

Either way, he came off as a jackass about A&M's terrible branding and bevelling. If you think the bevel looks good, you're a f cking moron.

Ultimately Cook's time in the AD is marked by a coach who could not capitalize on the 2012 momentum, so if he wants to spin tales about how great a PR dewsh he is, who am I to say otherwise.
Lungblood
RAB87 said:

Even though this has become a texags joke, if you put "Texas Aggies" in the endzones and ERADICATE the bevel while making the Block ATM exclusive.... Old Army would throw fat stacks of cash out. Fat Stacks.
Lungblood
My point is... Keep it simple, stupid... And don't piss off your cash cow.
Sea Gull
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Jason is right on this. He did pull Johnny, his parents and the school AD together to keep everything and everybody on the same page and his environment as close to normal as we could hope after he won the Heisman.

Lol. The little **** didn't do a damned thing any other "marketing expert" wouldn't have done. He did not babysit Johnny. He did not keep Johnny on the field. 4 years later and the pissant is STILL using Johnny to promote himself. Again, what a narcissistic *******. I wish there was a middle finger emoticon.
bangobango
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Fits right in with their lying ass culture. What a narcissistic piece of ***** So glad he's gone.

Damn dude. Why you so worked up about a marketing director? You that emotional about the bevel?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.