A former A&M employee

13,538 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chuckwaggie
Sea Gull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a pretty angry individual.
BiochemAg97
AG
RPM said:

I feel two ways about this. If Cook was able to keep the psychotic/bipolar/insert-other-disorder-here Manziel family together, I guess that's cool. We got a Lot of press from the Heisman.

On the other hand I agree with the poster who said Cook got two golden goose eggs dropped into his lap.

Either way, he came off as a jackass about A&M's terrible branding and bevelling. If you think the bevel looks good, you're a f cking moron.

Ultimately Cook's time in the AD is marked by a coach who could not capitalize on the 2012 momentum, so if he wants to spin tales about how great a PR dewsh he is, who am I to say otherwise.
Are we blaming Cook for the football team performance (or lack thereof) post Johnny?
Al Bula
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

RPM said:

I feel two ways about this. If Cook was able to keep the psychotic/bipolar/insert-other-disorder-here Manziel family together, I guess that's cool. We got a Lot of press from the Heisman.

On the other hand I agree with the poster who said Cook got two golden goose eggs dropped into his lap.

Either way, he came off as a jackass about A&M's terrible branding and bevelling. If you think the bevel looks good, you're a f cking moron.

Ultimately Cook's time in the AD is marked by a coach who could not capitalize on the 2012 momentum, so if he wants to spin tales about how great a PR dewsh he is, who am I to say otherwise.
Are we blaming Cook for the football team performance (or lack thereof) post Johnny?
No we are laughing our asses off at Cook for telling Baylor how mighty he was at A&M.

He is a spin master. I don't blame him for spinning more horsesh t to get paid by BU, but he made some pretty laughable claims according to this thread.

Redstone
AG
The block ATM was there when I was there, and it should be that way now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WestAustinAg said:

Jason is right on this. He did pull Johnny, his parents and the school AD together to keep everything and everybody on the same page and his environment as close to normal as we could hope after he won the Heisman.

So the marketing director was the only communication between the star athlete, the athletic department, and the athlete's parents? Not the coaches? Not the AD's office? That sounds completely reasonable. Either that's a lie or the entire AD's office and coaching staff that was here at the time should be shown the door.
dreyOO
Duck Patrol said:

I wish there was a middle finger emoticon.

Now THAT'S something I might actually go premium for.
annie88
AG
The bevel logo always has sucked, still sucks and will always suck. The day we get rid of that piece of **** will make me very happy No matter who was responsible for it. Worst ****ing logo ever.
texrover91
AG
JC was good when it mattered most; and, his being a bevel-believer could be looked past - for a time.

But his greatest sin will never be forgiven; we are the "FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIES!"

I guess he was too busy with JFF to notice
ClassOf17
You have to remember, he had the GOAT fall into his lap during his tenure. Just johnny's presence marketed the University from 12-13.
Jock 07
AG
Also don't forget his dumbass was the one who killed our best marketing campaign ever

Sea Gull
AG
Edit: not worth it
Sea Gull
AG
Edit: Not worth it
Sea Gull
AG
Edit: not worth it
Redstone
AG
Block ATM and Welcome to Aggieland

Use it. Not that hard.
T Durden
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

WestAustinAg said:

Jason is right on this. He did pull Johnny, his parents and the school AD together to keep everything and everybody on the same page and his environment as close to normal as we could hope after he won the Heisman.

So the marketing director was the only communication between the star athlete, the athletic department, and the athlete's parents? Not the coaches? Not the AD's office? That sounds completely reasonable. Either that's a lie or the entire AD's office and coaching staff that was here at the time should be shown the door.

So Jason was the brilliant marketer behind the Johnny signature campaign?
Old Main
AG
When Cook allowed that embarrassing video to get out (Aggies doing the yells and cheers from other SEC schools) he blamed everyone on TexAgs saying that Aggies were too sensitive. Aggies weren't the problem, his stupid cringe-worthy video was.

Deadspin - Texas A&M Made A Really Sad Video Because They Just Want The SEC To Like Them

AlligatorArmy - The 13 Worst (And Three Best) Things About Texas A&M's SEC Welcome Video

YouTube - Texas A&M Welcome to the SEC PARODY (Uncut)

GamedayR - Time To Man Up Aggies, A&M Reportedly Asks YouTube to Remove "Welcome to SEC" Parody Video

sbnation - Video: Texas A&M Really Wants Texas A&M to Like Them, Has No Idea How To Make That Happen

CBS Sports/Facebook - Texas A&M Takes Embarrassing To A Whole New Level

Houston CultureMap - Not SEC tough? Texas A&M wimpily pulls ridiculed welcome video in wake of UT parody

[img]http://i.imgur.com/F4lKw2Et.png[/img]
TexAg1987
https://collegestation.craigslist.org/tls/5949816819.html

Cuts square. Easy to work. Needs a chain clamp. Just don't use it anymore
Chuckwaggie
AG
Not saying you are wrong but your comment got everyone riled up on someone who recently everyone liked. Nowhere have we seen or heard a quote even remotely pertaing to what you said.

I'd like to read it bf hating on Cook.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.