Junction?

19,118 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Swollen Thumb
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BohunkAg
AG
so may we all.
Aggie304
Tom Doniphon said:

From a PM that was posted on premium. Gut wrenching stuff from a true class act.

Junction1954
2:34p, 12/5/16
Visited with kids and attending physicians, tears and goodbyes. Increasing the pain management protocol to where I will sleep and be painless. DNR in place. Awaiting rites of the Catholic Church.

Tell all the fine people on the blog, I love them.

Truly love all of you

God speed and God bless younin His embrace Junction
Ragoo
AG
85AustinAg
AG
Roll Tide
ZEEB
AG
TexAgs is truly a special place sometimes. Junction recognized the greatness of the 12th Man and embraced us all.
Gig'em Junction. Roll Damn Tide
agent-maroon
AG
If such a thing as a "good" death can be had then it has to look something like this. Hospice is God's reward for a life well lived.

Godspeed Junction and Roll Damn Tide
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Potcake
AG
Removed. I shouldn't have speculated. Someone on Premium may know him and post at the appropriate time.
TAMUdoc88
AG
Doubtful. Looks like that guy died of complications of chronic disease (DM, etc.). Junction was on hospice due to a cancer diagnosis. R. I. P. to them both, nonetheless.
digging tunnels
AG
No he was much older. Think he said he graduated c/o 66 from bama
txjortsagent
AG
That guy is too young to have played for Bear, no?

I don't think that's him
Ragoo
AG
TAMUdoc88 said:

Doubtful. Looks like that guy died of complications of chronic disease (DM, etc.). Junction was on hospice due to a cancer diagnosis. R. I. P. to them both, nonetheless.
did he pass?
Cappy407
AG
Sounds like he's said his final goodbyes to everyone and we probably won't hear from him again. Very sad.
Tom Doniphon
Some background on this fine gentleman from a few months ago...

Quote:

Respectfully,

I am not an Aggie, I am an Alabama graduate, Class of 1966. Proud of being an Alabama graduate.

As to answering to an ill mannered and outright disrespectful individual as yourself, some background. I have worked in actuarial analyticals for major Universities and major conferences for over four decades. I worked with Bear while at Alabama and came to know Bear, Gene Stallings and a cursory knowledge of Texas A&M.

I have worked with the likes of John McKay, Tommy Prothro, Tom Osborne,Frank Broyles, Charlie McLendon,Grant Teaff, Joe Paterno, Hayden Fry, Jimmie Johnson, David McWilliams, Pat Hayden,and countless University CFO's and conference commissioners.

As to the individual whom I respect, I have not asked nor will I ask, their permission to divulge who they are. It is known as manners. As to why I am on this blog, opining on issues on Texas A&M, I was asked to conduct due diligence on Texas A&M by the SEC office and then commissioner Slive on school background. Spent better part of six months conducting formal and informal analysis on Texas A&M University as a prospective member for the SEC.

Came to respect and love Texas A&M for what they are.

I guess an individual like yourself is from an ill mannered generation that has such closed minded and myopic views that people from the outside looking in(using Texas A&M's own words, not mine.) could actually understand, respect, and become advocates for your University. You are now the second individual to be outright rude and condescending to me personally, and I guess the legend of Texas A&M being warm and hospitalable is a myth.

To be brutally honest, I am dying and this blog, along with the Bama blogs, provide a respite for me to take my mind off the pain and to keep my mind active and engaged. Life is way too short to let simple minds like yours ruin what time I have left.

Roll Tide
The Wonderer
AG
He had a quick wit and I loved when he took an asshat to task and went off on them because he did so so eloquently as shown above.

He is a true OR legend in every sense of the word.

RTR
wbt5845
AG
I really like that one of his last posts on OR was to roll out of his hospital bed and take a meat axe to some sip's head. Just glorious.
Rick Dalton
AG
May I ask what thread that was from?
SteveBott
AG
Premium

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2797870/replies/47586152#47586152
Tom Doniphon
blazing7s94 said:

May I ask what thread that was from?

I copied it from the junction thread on premium... there's a link to it on one of the last pages of that thread.
Mookie
AG
For those of us around when Troy McClure left us, it puts into perspective how unique this forum is and the bonds we unwittingly create.

Roll tide, Junction.
aggiehawg
AG
Even here, on the OR board he was a courtly, kind gentleman. Very old school and very Southern. Smart man, who was obviously well-connected. It is easy to see how he would get along and work closely with Mike Slive.

I'll miss him tremendously. Like losing another family member. <sigh> Tough couple of weeks for me.
Hood
AG
How cool is it that one of the people responsible for effectively vetting us for the SEC fell head over heels for us and then gave us the pleasure of his knowledge, wit, courtesy and insight.

So awesome.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Even here, on the OR board he was a courtly, kind gentleman. Very old school and very Southern. Smart man, who was obviously well-connected. It is easy to see how he would get along and work closely with Mike Slive.

I'll miss him tremendously. Like losing another family member. <sigh> Tough couple of weeks for me.
Sorry to hear about your loss. It hurts losing Rivalries posters too.
goodAg80
AG
Hood said:

How cool is it that one of the people responsible for effectively vetting us for the SEC fell head over heels for us and then gave us the pleasure of his knowledge, wit, courtesy and insight.

So awesome.
The feeling was mutual.
AggieTFA06
AG
roll tide
themadmatter
RTR
slappy
AG
It seems like we lose the good ones on OR far too quickly.
Swollen Thumb
AG
This is a follow-up post of his to the one above with more insight on the SEC/A&M vetting process Junction was involved with. It's on premium so wanted to post it here for others (I didn't see that it was already posted here).

Quote:

Quote:

Very interesting. I'd love to hear more about what exactly something like this entails, what you found, what a study like this looks like, etc. And more importantly, i hope and pray for your healing and comfort, and that God bring you peace and joy if this really is the end of this part of your journey. Really sorry to hear that.
Flex,

Deeply appreciate the thoughtful words. The due diligence is property of the SEC. I can say that the turmoil of the Big 12 opened a door that to this day we cannot believe was opened for the SEC. Texas A&M metrics and analytical results blew away University presidents as to academics,culture,facilities, name brand,social environment,financials and academic trending. Nothing about athletics. When athletics were added at a later date, we could not suppress the excitement that we could actually add Texas A&M to the conference given the pedigree, location and over all match Texas A&M would bring. We kept saying,"please Texas, keep screwing up!"

During SEC media days in Birmingham, When the call came from Dr. Loftin to commissioner Slive, we were beyond cautiously optimistic, we could not believe the bird nest on the ground delivered to us by Texas. The rest is history.

When you see my sign off, "We have the correct Texas school", it is a direct reflection of what Texas A&M actually is to the SEC, and a monument to just how stupid Texas was in allowing a crown jewel like Texas A&M to be driven off. Their loss is our gain.

Roll Tide

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.