I wouldn't have expected any different

11,705 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LonghornDub
End Of Message
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Way to go Waco. It's not just your ****ty little school that has issues.
aggiehawg
AG
That judge has been accused of much worse than sexual harassment. He's a member of what has been called "The Booger County Mafia." Lots of shady wheeling and dealing.

It's good that he's off the bench.
Cynical_Texan
AG
http://boogercountymafia.com/

Interesting read...

End Of Message
AG
So the rumors ARE true?!?!
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
So the rumors ARE true?!?!
Not vouching for their complete veracity, but will say I have crossed paths with a few of them over the years and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were. Pretty smarmy bunch.
Aero95
AG
That is some juicy reading! Not surprising that an Aggie is on a crusade against all of that corruption.
Post removed:
by user
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Wait....

There's a Booger County?
Yes there is. Robertson County has been called Booger County forever. All of my life at least. I still don't know the origins of it, however.
AgDotCom
A former Aggie student body president who later went to Stanford Law brought him down.

Be careful, you can easily spend half a day on these sites after clicking on them: Booger County Mafia and Aggie Lawyer Chopping Peens

I live in B/CS and have dealt with many of the alleged Booger County Mafia. Though my dealings were more than a few, apparently I'm fortunate they weren't too deep. Meaning, I never knew about these things, and didn't even know they called it "Booger County" until about a year ago.
TheHulkster
AG
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Meaning, I never knew about these things, and didn't even know they called it "Booger County" until about a year ago.
Tell me please. Does it go back to Reconstruction?
AgDotCom
I have seen a mention of its origin on a city of Hearne or chamber of commerce website of all things, I'll see if I can find it
p_bubel
quote:
quote:
Meaning, I never knew about these things, and didn't even know they called it "Booger County" until about a year ago.
Try this
AgDotCom
That's not the website I saw, but at least one of those descriptions looks familiar.

I'm pretty sure the site was www.hearnetexas.info, now that I've researched it. However the site is down, and may have been for a while.

The story of Ty Clevenger and what he's doing is fascinating to me. The way I understand it by reading between the lines is that he was conducting business as any lawyer would, representing clients in B/CS, and eventually represented someone in Robertson County. Apparently the insiders in Robertson County were on the other side of the case and thought they could just steamroll a young attorney that had little influence. They started quashing subpoenas and using other dirty tricks, etc., even the district judge was in on it. Clevenger got pissed off and decided to investigate. Dozens of skeletons started falling out of closets.

The guy is ruthless, he is opening a can on all sorts of stuff in Booger County and after connecting dots, now Grimes County, Austin and even Washington. Like aggiehawg, I can't confirm its accuracy, but the stuff he posts, including legal docs, is eye popping. He's either brilliant or out of his mind. Or maybe both. He lives in Manhattan now which makes me think a book and a movie will be coming some day....if he's not offed first.

I first found out about this last winter when Clevenger eviscerated the DA and started cleaning house at the City of Hearne. Some of this stuff is almost unbelievable, especially the depth, scope and brazenness of the corruption.
wbt5845
AG
I started reading a little bit of this at lunch. *********- I had no idea. I know these little Texas counties can be rotten as hell but I'd never heard of any of this. I'll have to read up later.
AgDotCom
From Clevenger's Facebook page, this is what pisses a lot of people off......

Edit: Should say the last sentence is what pisses people off.

racerfink
I'm guessing most of y'all have never heard of the Duke of Duval?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Berham_Parr
phillyag92
AG
Hope they all go down in flames.
AgDotCom
quote:
I'm guessing most of y'all have never heard of the Duke of Duval?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Berham_Parr
Are you referring to his connection with Booger County? There is one.
AgFormerlyInIrving
GrapevineAg
Talon2DSO
AG
I know Ty and proud of it. He's a great Aggie and attorney. Real happy, albeit not surprised, he's spearheading this. Really a sharp guy
aginresearch
AG
Ty is awesome and I am honored to call him a good friend.

Never, never, never be a corrupt politician or judge. Ty will take you down. Doesn't matter your politics. Just ask our esteemed State AG.
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
Wait....

There's a Booger County?
Yes there is. Robertson County has been called Booger County forever. All of my life at least. I still don't know the origins of it, however.
There have been reported sightings of bigfoot-like creatures called "boogers" in Robertson County for almost as long as it has been settled.
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Try this
From your link:

quote:
"Bordered on the south by the Old San Antonio Road, Robertson County saw some of the first settlers to Texas. Early days in the county were filled with savage Indians, and it was not unusual to attend church with a Bible in one hand, and a rifle in the other. Along with the Indians, the Robertson County frontier had its fair share of thieves and highwaymen, thus earning it the nickname of 'Booger County,' a name it lives with to this day."

My family members were among those first settlers, and this is all true except that to my knowledge this is not why it's called Booger County. It's called Booger County because of the boogers.

There's a story about it in one of Frank Dobie's books.

TXPremiumBoy
AG
Holy crap! This is great stuff.
88jrt06
AG
Good 'Ol Franklin?
VanZandt92
Ty seems remarkably naive.
VanZandt92
First settlers? Did they cross the land bridge in Alaska? Karankawa? Caddo? Apache?
HowdyOutbound
Taking out the baylol trash
p_bubel
quote:
First settlers? Did they cross the land bridge in Alaska? Karankawa? Caddo? Apache?
If you're going to be a smart ass at least pick a tribe that would have been local in Robertson County.
Celee04
AG
quote:

Be careful, you can easily spend half a day on these sites after clicking on them: Booger County Mafia and Aggie Lawyer Chopping Peens

This.
eric76
AG
Just out of curiosity, is there any link between the Booget County Mafia and all those million dollar bails for anyone riding a motorcycle at the scene of last year's shooting?
LonghornDub
Glad to see the attack on those SOB's. I do remember though what I was taught as a child: Political corruption in Texas is fun to talk about, but it's child's play compared to South Louisiana and Cook County, Illinois.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.