Red River shootout aka the "biggest, baddest, cfb rivalry"

28,142 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SidetrackAg
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I know Fox hasn't been in the CFB game for long and FS1 is pretty new and they haven't had access to a lot of the better match ups, but that is ****ing sad. Really ****ing sad
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Some Texas beat guys are doing the math on this and they say all OU v Texas has to do is match its ratings from last year (on ABC) and it will easily be FS1's biggest game ever. Even if it's down slightly, it might still be. This is the "PLEASE WATCH FOX SPORTS 1" bowl.
MallalieuAg
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:

So we'll be playing our biggest rival on FS1 while Purdue on Rutgers go at it on ESPN? Just awesome guys, really good work

Can't breathe...laughing too hard...at poor lil brother and his inbred okie bff. Unbelievable.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
You're probably right, I have no clue how TV stuff works. I just get sick of OU/Big 12 losing at every possible turn. I'm sure you're right about the playoff baseball thing too, I just can't remember this ever being an issue before.

Lololololololololololololol
Ragoo
AG
what were the ratings last year?
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
quote:
Some Texas beat guys are doing the math on this and they say all OU v Texas has to do is match its ratings from last year (on ABC) and it will easily be FS1's biggest game ever. Even if it's down slightly, it might still be. This is the "PLEASE WATCH FOX SPORTS 1" bowl.

These Mensa candidates still cannot grasp the difference between cable telecasts and broadcast telecasts with regards to ratings analysis. There is a 0% chance that they get even half the ratings they have been getting on ABC broadcast.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

These Mensa candidates still cannot grasp the difference between cable telecasts and broadcast telecasts with regards to ratings analysis. There is a 0% chance that they get even half the ratings they have been getting on ABC broadcast.
Sure, but how hard will it be to be the top rated FS1 show ever?

wbt5845
AG
quote:
Sure, but how hard will it be to be the top rated FS1 show ever?

Kinda like being the best Mexican restaurant in Calgary.
Mathguy64
AG
Because nothing says major sports network like watching FC Ingolstadt 04 v 1 FC Koln as your lead in and having Alexi Lalas doing the pregame show.
BohunkAg
AG
Hi guys!

BohunkAg
AG
The other problem, of course, is that you know you are in a minor conference when it is June and they are scheduling Saturday games all the way out to October.
91_Aggie
AG
Didn't some BDF game get moved to Fox news channel last year??
wbt5845
AG
The BDF Conference, brought to you by............

Cynical_Texan
AG
Post on sh****...

quote:
OK. I am now in the acceptance stage. Let's go to the SEC.

wbt5845
AG
quote:
Post on sh****...

quote:

Oh yes - SEND THAT APPLICATION IN TODAY!
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
This is bull****. OU deserves so much more as a national brand and title contender. FS1 is for Nascar, and outside of Gus Johnson, their announcers suck.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Ames, Manhattan, and Lubbock are all cow towns. I will never go to Ames again. My road trip(s) this year will be WVU and maybe Houston. My only home game will be Ohio St. Iowa St. has been a brutal game to attend on a Saturday, let alone a Thursday. Rhodes is gone so I expect a nice win, but we are setting ourselves up for more disaster. and yes, Driving across Kansas ****ing sucks. And the way to Ames is a ****ing toll road all the way thru Kansas.

Cue BDF commercial about "passionate fans" and "best stadiums"
StephenvilleAg77
BESCo91
AG
quote:
quote:

He needs to get in a semi-conscience stage!
RDV-1992
Giggle.
SlackerAg
AG
Next is the rejection stage if they send in an SEC application
StephenvilleAg77
https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/738073043335946241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
JADE
AG
quote:
...the Aggies are the only school in Texas that belongs to the SEC. Quite frankly, I do not envision Texas A&M ever risking the loss of that distinction by supporting or promoting the future inclusion of Texas in the SEC.
Loftin - The 100 Year Decision
Seabreeze
That poster gets it..
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Sips not liking this one bit

quote:
How does this happen? I thought the 2015 was the most viewed contest of the regular season
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Nothing to see here

quote:
atkretsch 659 posts 98 minutes ago
If it's really a matter of ESPN choosing ND/Texas with their first pick (and in doing so they were forced to leave the door open for FOX on the OU/Texas game), then I get it - OU/Texas will be back next year but ND/Texas is a rare matchup. If that's the case, I'm really not worried about the broader implications or loss of prestige of the RRS.
But strictly as a watcher of football games, this news sucks because FS1 sucks.

The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
hornseagles1 1526 posts 40 minutes ago via Mobile

That makes it official...get out of big 12. That is a joke

StephenvilleAg77
The headline on DFW Sportsday website:

quote:
Red River Showdown demoted from ABC to Fox Sports 1

sip comment:
quote:
I am simply floored the Big 12's marquee game of the year at the Cotton Bowl will not be on over-the-air TV.
We fixed the keg
AG
Time to get into the tarp business in Temple. There will be plenty of business in Waco and Austin.
realestateguru
AG
Hilarious!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
Post on sh****...

quote:

Oh yes - SEND THAT APPLICATION IN TODAY!
You know, kids with their mittens pinned to their coat want to go to Harvard, too.
musicman55
AG
OK, I'm pissed about OU/sips on FS1....

On Saturday mornings FS1 usually shows a good Bundesliga match. An 11:00 kick time for the Red River Who Cares Bowl will directly conflict with a 6pm Deutsche local time kick for a Bundesliga matchp.

The sips and thieves better hope that FS1 doesn't compare the ratings of the Who Cares Bowl against what Bundesliga draws.... Red River might find itself bumped to the Root Network. They probably couldn't compete against a top-drawer matchup such as Bayern Munich v. Borussia Dortmund.

In fact, Root might work better for RedRiver.... its' usually an 11am kick which gives Root plenty of time to air the game to the tens and tens of viewers before their signal goes down around sundown......
StephenvilleAg77
ddp
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Nothing to see here

quote:
atkretsch 659 posts 98 minutes ago
If it's really a matter of ESPN choosing ND/Texas with their first pick (and in doing so they were forced to leave the door open for FOX on the OU/Texas game), then I get it - OU/Texas will be back next year but ND/Texas is a rare matchup. If that's the case, I'm really not worried about the broader implications or loss of prestige of the RRS.
But strictly as a watcher of football games, this news sucks because FS1 sucks.

Isn't the ND/tu game on Sunday now? A rare match up that is bumped to Sunday?

If it was such a big game, it would have been slotted for Monday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.