Red needs help coming up with a second addition

4,677 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rocco S
Sandman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Cynical_Texan
AG
That plan sounds like a winner to me.

tu fans... listen to your master.
goodAg80
AG
That would add the valuable 3rd ward demographic television footprint to the Big12 Network.
Muy
AG
What a pathetic, pos conference. "Someone, anyone, please join!"
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
sip fans want nothing to do with that sliver of Houston

quote:
I'm scared of recreating the SWC...but without Arkansas or that "other" Texas school.
UH? Might as well consider adding SMU and Rice back into the fold. Yeah, that would guarantee that a Big 12 team will be invited to the college football playoff every year...NOT.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Poor window licking longhornslegend

quote:
LonghornsLegend
How about we leave and they can have this **** conference all they want. Let's see TCU, Baylor, and Houston keep the Big 12 afloat. Would be fun to watch the painfully slow death.

Dallasag02
AG
quote:

quote:
LonghornsLegend
How about we leave and they can have this **** conference all they want. Let's see TCU, Baylor, and Houston keep the Big 12 afloat. Would be fun to watch the painfully slow death.

We're already watching it. Better late than never I guess. Joke's on you.
jjdad1111
Why not the Aggies?

The Collective
AG
quote:

quote:
LonghornsLegend

He didn't even mention TBAT.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
Why not the Aggies?

marble rye
AG
What a blubbering tub of goo Red McCombs is. Are there any thin media reps for tu? Is Chimp Brown also a lard?
jjdad1111
New Mexico State and Okie State each have a Pistol Pete. Annual shoot-out!
jjdad1111
quote:
New Mexico State and Okie State each have a Pistol Pete. Annual shoot-out!
Probably draw hundreds.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Adding SMU as #12!

Gotta get Highland Park to balance out the 3rd Ward!

SWC 2: Electric Boogaloo!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

nothing says REGIONAL conference more than 5 teams from the same state!!!!

take SMU make it 6. perfect.

lb3
AG
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:

quote:
LonghornsLegend

Did someone order a hypocrite?

tu drove the best teams off and created the L10.

Wallow in it sipper.
dreyOO
UH would own their asses. I'm hoping for it, but the sips are cowards.
Kemo Sabe
UH does not add to the big12 footprint. It would be another addition like TCU. It won't enlarge the pie it will just make the pieces smaller for the other members of the conference. And on top of that it will hurt the other conference schools in recruiting just like TCU is doing to tech, OU, and Oklahoma state. High school athletes in Texas already have plenty of options to play in the big12. Adding another Texas school isn't going to make the conference better. It will however add another party to the lawsuit when tu does try to leave the conference. Red better be careful what he is wishing for. He is thinking it will hurt the Aggies but in reality it will further bind tu to another Texas school. The tu corral conference hobbles teams on both ends of the spectrum.
AGBOOSTER
quote:

This.
staticdoor
AG
quote:

Well the PAC has 4 from Cali. Nvm that conference is pretty regional
Bottlehead90
AG
So now that expansion is Belmont's idea, it's a good idea?

Got it.

Update the talking points you tsip lemmings.
Rocco S
Red wants to add UH to try to keep Houston from being any more SEC than it already is. The big money UH guy played that card real well in his latest statement. Unfortunately for the b12, it won't do much to stop the SEC in Houston, and unfortunately for the sips, it will lessen their presence there.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Red is very smart and I agree with him.
- Bill Yeoman
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Houston is mainly aggie and Cougar fans. There are less and less Longhorn fans since atm left. Hardly anyone around here (Houston) even follows the Big 12 anymore. Adding Houston would be a great thing for the conference with it's huge TV market and would further hurt the aggies
Stinky T
AG
And the sips named their b-school after this guy. Good lord!
up-n-aTm
AG
quote:
quote:
Houston is mainly aggie and Cougar fans. There are less and less Longhorn fans since atm left. Hardly anyone around here (Houston) even follows the Big 12 anymore. Adding Houston would be a great thing for the conference with it's huge TV market and would further hurt the aggies

"Further" hurt? I wasn't aware we were already hurting. I guess bleeding cash hurts?

quidam65
quote:
quote:
quote:

"Further" hurt? I wasn't aware we were already hurting. I guess bleeding cash hurts?

Probably. And dropping dimes can cause bruising.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

Coog High can't even get people in its own market to watch UH over SEC..

dreyOO
quote:
quote:

There are plenty of sip "super fans" there. They just put their shirts and hats into hibernation when the teams are down. Then they scurry out of the dark any time there is a fleeting moment of success in their strong football program.

I remember being at the zoo around thanksgiving or bowl season and the number of Ags vs sips in school gear was on the order of 15 to 1.
W
AG
if Houston & Temple are in the top 5...not sure the city of Houston can be considered a great college football town
Rocco S
quote:
if Houston & Temple are in the top 5...not sure the city of Houston can be considered a great college football town

For watching the local team? I'd say the opposite is true.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.