Klannies gonna Klan

10,669 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DGAG92
Ag03 CQE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

quote:
You forgot to mention that the university is home to the presidential library of a racist. LBJ was fiercely anti-civil rights but saw the political expediency of having the entire voter bloc hooked by the plantation...democratic party.
Slow your roll. I'm just getting started...

The first black law student at tu was greeted one day by burning cross. http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Making_the_Case&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=14888

Not to mention the fact that they named their football stadium after a coach so racist he quit rather than allow black players on the team.
A History Of Violence
AG
Racist floats have been a regular feature of the annual tu Roundup. http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2011/04/13/racial-conflicts-tarnish-history-of-roundup
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Not to mention the fact that they named their football stadium after a coach so racist he quit rather than allow black players on the team.
Oh come on, now. Royal quit because scholarship limits and a strengthened NCAA were about to start handing our bowl bans and TV bans like candy. He knew he couldn't do what had he had been doing. Broyles at Arkansas quit about the same time, too.

1969 was the last all-white sip team. Royal lasted for another 7 years or so.
Clown Question

quote:
1969 was the last all-white sip team.

That is red's favorite team.
A History Of Violence
AG
The Littlefield Fountain was originally intended to memorialize Confederate war dead.

https://books.google.com/books?id=9uMDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA32&lpg=PA32&dq=littlefield+fountain+meaning&source=bl&ots=2Jon8MM-Fs&sig=QwmU7hvt29qWNQSkRe73g9S-rvE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIqKzcopHLAhWEj5QKHajYDREQ6AEIbDAO#v=onepage&q=littlefield%20fountain%20meaning&f=false

Stupid racist Klanny garbage.
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh come on, now. Royal quit because scholarship limits and a strengthened NCAA were about to start handing our bowl bans and TV bans like candy. He knew he couldn't do what had he had been doing. Broyles at Arkansas quit about the same time, too.

1969 was the last all-white sip team. Royal lasted for another 7 years or so.

Yeah, I meant to use the winky face for that one. I meant it sarcastically but it's one of those easily refuted false stories that seems to get trotted out whenever there's talk about how racist tu is. There are enough examples of actual racism and bigotry over there without resorting to making things up.
A History Of Violence
AG
Austin and University of Texas police say they're looking into reports of minority students being attacked with bleach-filled balloons in the West Campus neighborhood. History senior Joshua Tang, who identifies himself as an African and Chinese American, said he was walking at 26th and Pearl streets on Aug. 24 when he felt a balloon fall from above his head and hit the sidewalk, staining his jeans. Tang said he smelled the bleach but did not see who dropped it. Anthropology sophomore Taylor Carr, who identifies herself as black, said she was also hit by bleach balloons in two separate incidents at the same place as Tang. (9/28/12)

http://wap.statesman.com/statesman/pm_21986/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=TQ43e5uO
RAB87
AG
Where is Royce West? Heck, why aren't RV and 76 on Rivalries defending the Horns?
BohunkAg
BohunkAg
AG
We were talking about this 4 years ago on Old Rivalries.....why is this just coming up now?
A History Of Violence
AG
I had a whole file of this stuff. I think some of my links are busted. But a minstrel group first sang their crappy song back in the teens or 20s. The Texas Cowboys, however, were doing it in black face as late as the 70s.
DGAG92
AG
Don't worry, these police reports won't be happening much longer......remember these nuts want all campus police gone.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.