All the media outlets in TX are running with

11,771 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Wabs
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Conspiracy theories about the officials from tu's game.

Multiple tweets alluding to it, image and video breakdown, quotes from conference representatives, etc, etc.

Weird they never did that before, when tu was the beneficiary of controversial calls so many countless times before, despite having just as if not more compelling evidence, and repeated instances of it benefitting the same team.
aTm2004
AG
This is like the hot girl in HS who treated guys like **** suddenly realizing it's 10 years later, she's 50 lbs heavier, and working at Walmart.
mulch
AG
Any excuse to avoid admitting to the fact that Charlie is a terrible coach. And what's funny is all this focus by the sips on refs is going to get some calls going their way. Just watch. They'll win a game this year on a bogus call and then instead of going after the refs, they'll say now its even.
It seems like there are conspiracy theories all the time. In the past, the Aggies have claimed conspiracy, today, it's the Horns.

Conspiracy claims are for childish, chest thumping, look at me babies. The game is over, focus on the here and now. Grow up and move on.
Wabs
AG
quote:
It seems like there are conspiracy theories all the time. In the past, the Aggies have claimed conspiracy, today, it's the Horns.

Conspiracy claims are for childish, chest thumping, look at me babies. The game is over, focus on the here and now. Grow up and move on.
You need to call in to the radio stations in Austin and tell them this. They are STILL talking about the refs non-stop. They want answers from the Big 12!!!! "It was an OBVIOUS rig job, no doubt about it!"

aTm2004
AG
quote:

Ask the following teams about some sort of conspiracy:
Iowa State
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Baylor
quote:
quote:

Iowa State
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Baylor

There's one school you left off your list.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Iowa State
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Baylor

There's one school you left off your list.
USC?

Muy
AG
The difference, 33, is when this happens to someone else at the benefit of the sips, it's "whining", and those fans need to move on. When it finally happens to tu, it's different.
goodAg80
AG
This is ****ING glorious. The best case scenario has panned out.

The helpless, 1-3 horns screaming for some illusory justice. How can this possibly get better?

quote:
The difference, 33, is when this happens to someone else at the benefit of the sips, it's "whining", and those fans need to move on. When it finally happens to tu, it's different.

Muy, I'm different in that regard. It's whining when the Ags do it and it's whining when the Horns do it.

Most folks on this forum and other fan sites, only claim it's whining when the other does it. Let's call it what it is on both sides. I any conspiracy theorist out there looks foolish when the whine about the officials' calls.

My opinion and I seem to be alone in this regard.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
How can this possibly get better?

You just wait.
Muy
AG
Glad to hear that. My same sip buddies who constantly told me the Ags whined after the pass interference call in 2011 are the same ones posting non-stop this week about how much the refs screwed them this week.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:

Muy, I'm different in that regard. It's whining when the Ags do it and it's whining when the Horns do it.

Most folks on this forum and other fan sites, only claim it's whining when the other does it. Let's call it what it is on both sides. I any conspiracy theorist out there looks foolish when the whine about the officials' calls.

My opinion and I seem to be alone in this regard.

The only time I bought into it was when certain teams were leaving given conferences. I think all 4 teams that left the Big XII got jobbed on the way out the door because there were no consequences in doing so.
Muy
AG
Some dudes on XM last night spoke to the horn fans who are posting the refs home addresses and job info, calling them sick people. Pretty sure we might have similar posters here.
Wabs
AG
What gets me is that now FOR ONCE the sips have fallen victim to what they claim are bad calls or a "conspiracy", they now feel that the Big 12 BETTER make changes and OWES them answers dammit!!!

Were all of the teams that got jobbed in the past OWED answers or changes?? Of course not.

But now is different! We're Texas!!!
Maroon Dawn
AG
Every single team in the current and past BDF has gotten jobbed by the refs to help UT pull out a win at least once and often more than that over the years.

That is a fact and any whorn that says otherwise is in deep, deep denial.

So pardon the rest of us if we just can't help but laugh at sip crying about their new record of 63-1 in games decided by a ref call.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
Some dudes on XM last night spoke to the horn fans who are posting the refs home addresses and job info, calling them sick people. Pretty sure we might have similar posters here.
Ruin some ****in' lives, booze.
Muy
Rocco S
quote:

You say that now.

Besides, this is about the media treatment of it, not fans.
dermdoc
AG
Agree with and admire 33's post. But I have to admit I am thoroughly enjoying the sips, of all people, complaining about some bad calls. The world has changed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PetroAg13
AG

PhiAggie
AG
P
StephenvilleAg77
Arkansas was flagged 11 times last Saturday, mostly for OL infractions. Yet their fans aren't bombarding the SEC office with threats and conspiracy theories.
    Meanwhile Utx fielded a terrible OL with two true freshmen that had zero chance of successfully pass blocking or run blocking against the OkSt dl last Saturday via legal means.
      The UT OL's only chance for success was via holding, and that is exactly what they did. All. Game. Long.
      wbt5845
      AG
      You know, back in the day, we used to say:

If one team is penalized a lot more than the other, they probably just aren't as well coached.
      PetroAg87
      AG
      Assume for the moment that the sips are right and that the refs did indeed conspire against them. Why would the refs do such a thing and what does that say about the state of the teasip's program and influence in the Big 12?

To believe that they are on the recieving end of a Big 12 conspiracy is probably an even worse situation than simply acknowledging that they have a young team that simply isn't good enough to compete against most other teams...
      Silent For Too Long
      quote:
      Assume for the moment that the sips are right and that the refs did indeed conspire against them. Why would the refs do such a thing and what does that say about the state of the teasip's program and influence in the Big 12?

To believe that they are on the recieving end of a Big 12 conspiracy is probably an even worse situation than simply acknowledging that they have a young team that simply isn't good enough to compete against most other teams...
      That's just it. And, that's why that idiot Scipio purposely kept his allegations as duplicitous and vague as possible. He knows if he actually tried to formulate a rational reason for the sips to be targeted by the refs he would be instantly exposed as the fraud he is.

Much better to just rail against the universe.
      permabull
      AG
      BQ_90
      AG
      so if the refs are conspiring now against the sips, that has to mean in the past they where conspiring to help the sips win. I'll agree to line of thinking if the sips will.
      wbt5845
      AG
      Means, motive and opportunity.

The Mob had all three in killing JFK. A large number of people had all three in making Jimmy Hoffa disappear. Nixon had all three in bugging Watergate.

No one had all three last Saturday in Austin.
      Predmid
      AG
      If it was a conspiracy to stop the horns from winning that game, why would they have let it be tied that late to begin with?
      StephenvilleAg77
      quote:
      If it was a conspiracy to stop the horns from winning that game, why would they have let it be tied that late to begin with?
      True.
        But this kind of sound logic, factual reasoning, and common sense is the equivalent of an indecipherable foreign language to the average lil brother sip.
        vin1041
        AG
        AG
        quote:
        so if the refs are conspiring now against the sips, that has to mean in the past they where conspiring to help the sips win. I'll agree to line of thinking if the sips will.
        Both statements may indeed be true, but I don't see how one follows from the other. Why does the first entail the second?
        wbt5845
        AG
        quote:
        quote:
        Both statements may indeed be true, but I don't see how one follows from the other. Why does the first entail the second?
        n/m - I misread.
        Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
        See Subscription Benefits
        Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.