Clay Travis takes another massive growler on t.u.

24,251 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
DayAg!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
To be honest, Hymen scares me the most in all this stuff. He's usually somewhere out in left field when it comes to critical issues and whats good for Texas A&M athletics. Kinda like letting BDF refs even get into a stadium where we play. Not getting baseball where it was supposed to be.. just little stuff like that. Oh, and wearing Purple frog colors to the game.
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
To be honest, Hymen scares me the most in all this stuff. He's usually somewhere out in left field when it comes to critical issues and whats good for Texas A&M athletics. Kinda like letting BDF refs even get into a stadium where we play. Not getting baseball where it was supposed to be.. just little stuff like that. Oh, and wearing Purple frog colors to the game.

I agree...I may be completely off here but he comes across as detached, aloof, clueless and just off...I happen to like what $Bill dill here...he is, BY FAR, the best AD we've ever has...and he hated the tea sips...so extra points for the nutless bovine hate! I bet if the sips came calling, he'd jump up and clap like a little girl...I do not trust him...at all!!
Snap E Tom
I'm bumping this as a reminder that blocking tu from ever joining the SEC can easily be done and must be done. And the original article is very interesting.
aggiehawg
AG
Snap E Tom said:

I'm bumping this as a reminder that blocking tu from ever joining the SEC can easily be done and must be done. And the original article is very interesting.
I think ESPN will take care of that little issue for us. They and Fox told the Big XII to go pound sand on conference expansion.

tu brings nothing to the SEC table that ESPN isn't already overpaying for with the LHN.
APHIS AG
If only those morons over at the shag would actually listen but then, they would not be morons to begin with.

So let them continue to believe that an SEC invite is there for the taking.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Anyone who believes the two Mississippi schools will vote tu in better get off the white powder. Ole Miss is pissed for sure after dealing with Dodds and getting screwed over with a lhn telecast.
Tom Doniphon
While unanimity ain't technically required to invite a school to join the SEC, it is always strived for. It'll be a cold day in hell before the member institutions don't heed our input as far as "Texas to the SEC" is concerned.
ghollow
AG
There is no way that Arkansas or Mizzou would ever vote to allow the 'sips in the SEC. I doubt the land thieves would ever be allowed in either just from a recruiting standpoint.

Poor arrogant 'sips
Rocco S
Tom Doniphon said:

While unanimity ain't technically required to invite a school to join the SEC, it is always strived for. It'll be a cold day in hell before the member institutions don't heed our input as far as "Texas to the SEC" is concerned.
It takes a vote of one less than unanimous to get into the SEC. Thats the precedent that Slive set. So there's no way tu or OU is ever getting into the SEC, regardless of what the landscape of CFB television is at any point.

Texas A&M will never vote for either of them, which means they'd have to get votes from every other member. Missouri sure isn't voting them in. Arkansas likely wouldn't. We would use favors or future favors to ensure it doesn't happen.
buda91
AG
Why Mississippi as a certain no vote? (I get the others, as former conference mates and/or neighboring recruiting rivals)
aggiehawg
AG
buda91 said:

Why Mississippi as a certain no vote? (I get the others, as former conference mates and/or neighboring recruiting rivals)
They had a home and home series scheduled with tu long before the LHN was launched. But when it was time for Ole Miss to play in Austin, Dodds put their game on the LHN, which wasn't in the original contract.

Pissed them off.
MSU/SECALUM
aggiehawg said:

buda91 said:

They had a home and home series scheduled with tu long before the LHN was launched. But when it was time for Ole Miss to play in Austin, Dodds put their game on the LHN, which wasn't in the original contract.

Pissed them off.
IIRC Ole Miss had to pay to have the game aired on the CBS affiliates in Mississippi. It was a big deal in Mississippi but the fans of State & Southern Miss watch those games.
aggiehawg
AG
Honestly don't remember how the game was aired in Mississippi, only that it was. But making Ole Miss pay for that was a typical Dodds d*** move.
bamaoldtimer
The only way Texas gets even a look see is if the networks want Texas in the SEC. Why would CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN, Google, Amazon, Netflix , or any number of future multi billion dollar internet streaming companies want Texas? Eyeballs. Who knows what company or companies will be streaming the SEC in years to come. Maybe ESPN, maybe Amazon or some other . There will be huge bidding for content. The SEC has content to sell to the highest bidder.

The future of college football is paid access to streaming. Streaming on your tv, Ipad, phone, computer. Why do I need to pay Comcast $1.25 per month and ESPN $ 4-5 more dollars per month if I don't watch ESPN or the SEC network? I don't and people who don't watch football will not subscribe to ESPN etc in the future world of
a la carte programming. So what would a nut like me pay to watch football? Way more than 5-7 dollars.

Future negotiations will be based on eyeballs and whose conference has the content to attract those eyeballs. Advertisers want eyeballs. Advertising is the mothers milk of networks. Not the monthly fee from Comcast. The SEC currently is producing a product that in the future will command mucho dinero. Texas would add eyeballs willing to pay the much higher fees. The football nut in New York who now pays only $.25 per month for the SEC network might be willing to pay much more to get SEC games.

I don't know, but it just makes sense never to say never. You Aggies and Horns need to play each other and if you ended up like auburn and bama, why would that be so bad? There's plenty of future money to go around.

Finally, There are new technologies being developed that will come online within 5 years that will shake up how content is currently being delivered.

All this new technology will factor into the next round of contracts.

The longhorns and Sooners both will be the next two in our conference because they will help leverage the next contract.

RAMF 95
AG
You are wrong. And probably fat.
BlazingSaddles
Thanks for letting the Aggies and Horns know what we should do. Also, you're wrong.

Now get your stuff ready because the van is about to depart the home for an exciting outing at Luby's. Wouldn't want an old-timer to miss that.
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

The longhorns and Sooners both will be the next two in our conference because they will help leverage the next contract.

Sure.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Quote:

You Aggies and Horns need to play each other and if you ended up like auburn and bama, why would that be so bad?.

First of all, the fact that you talk about texas bringing eyeballs proves you need to do more research. Austin, the very home of that cesspool, is already one of the biggest markets for SEC viewers. So, tell me again what adding tu to the mix will bring?

And on top if that, the statement above proves you know even less about the current A&M-tu relationship.

Every single Ag I know, from young to old, is perfectly fine with having them in our rearview mirror and the mere mention of dealing with them again brings a sour taste to their mouth.

As far as make having them as conference mates again? **** that, plain and simple. This isn't simply a matter of dislike. Sips go beyond any sort of comparison when it comes to conniving. Simply put, they refuse to play on a level field with anybody. Again, **** them and **** the mere mention of being in the same conference as them.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The demand for the LHN content and Soonervision content isn't there. Why would anyone think that will change? I only get the LHN because I get the SECN. Don't get Soonervision. I'd wager that if SECN subscribers were given the option to dump the LHN, they would. I would.

A la carte works both ways. And we already know how many LHN fans actually paid a single dime for it. Not very many. Unless you consider a million a lot in a country of 380 million.

Look at the thread about the slideshow UofH prepared for the Big XII. The SEC already owns that TV market. Why pay more for something they already own in ratings??
Señor Chang
AG
It's gotten so bad in Austin that sips are making Bama socks.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Seor Chang said:

It's gotten so bad in Austin that sips are making Bama socks.
those jizz guzzlers are probably all over lsu boards extolling chobbit virtues too.
vin1041
AG
That maybe one of their new tactics.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Non rival obsessing over non rival

Quote:

If anyone wants to know why every single fanbase in the country....not most......but EVERY single fanbase in the country thinks **** is the most disgusting, cultish, idiot inducing sheep ****32s...check out this thread. Noone is laughed at and despised more than ****. It's humorous....UT fans can be entitled and boorish....I get it....but, most people have a good time in Austin and people enjoy playing us.....just like sooner fan, notre dame fan....the only school that rivals **** for idiocy is buckeye.....not sure which is worst.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.