oh boy.

36,467 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
NoneGiven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never heard the Eisenhower claim.

http://www.aggienetwork.com/media/guides/texas%20aggie/2008/1108%20history%20of%20reveille.pdf

But I have heard of the Dogs for Defense program.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
I think whoever posted the Wikipedia entry had it wrong.

Interestingly, Randolph continues to ignore the vast evidence against his 12th Man claims. Since I found 42 distinct Aggie yearbooks with references spanning the 20s through the 70s, surely he can find other schools that use this generic phrase regularly in their yearbooks.
There is a very good chance that the Texas' Yearbook mentions the 12th Man at some point.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
It's amazing how much space Texas A&M takes up between Randy Dukes ears, I am surprised the dude can function as a living, working (?) human being with the amount of real estate the "****s" take up.

I spent a few minutes one night sifting through the made up bull**** the sips claim as true on the "tell me about Texas A&M" thread and came away with these winners. I have no idea where he came up with this crap, I googled everything I could think of trying to find anything related to this story and I get nada. Has anyone ever heard this before or is this just made up on the fly?

According to Duchess Randy.... "The dog died in January 1944. According to **** legend (here we go again), to thank the ****s for all their sacrifice to the nation's war effort (including the effort they hadn't expended seeing how the outcome was in no way decided and Hitler was still firmly in control of Europe), Dwight Eisenhower dropped his duties in Europe where he had just recently been named Supreme Allied Commander and rushed to College Station to bestow the rank of General of the Army upon the dead dog (which is interesting, seeing how at the time Eisenhower himself was wearing only four stars - you would think the ****s would have a better grasp of history when they made up their bogus story about the dog being given a military rank, but hey, we it's .......Anyone ever heard this story before??

Never heard anything about Ike and Reveille. I would assume that he had no idea about the A&M mascot. Certainly never heard a story even close to what the are making up.
Madman
AG
quote:
quote:
It's amazing how much space Texas A&M takes up between Randy Dukes ears, I am surprised the dude can function as a living, working (?) human being with the amount of real estate the "****s" take up.

I spent a few minutes one night sifting through the made up bull**** the sips claim as true on the "tell me about Texas A&M" thread and came away with these winners. I have no idea where he came up with this crap, I googled everything I could think of trying to find anything related to this story and I get nada. Has anyone ever heard this before or is this just made up on the fly?

According to Duchess Randy.... "The dog died in January 1944. According to **** legend (here we go again), to thank the ****s for all their sacrifice to the nation's war effort (including the effort they hadn't expended seeing how the outcome was in no way decided and Hitler was still firmly in control of Europe), Dwight Eisenhower dropped his duties in Europe where he had just recently been named Supreme Allied Commander and rushed to College Station to bestow the rank of General of the Army upon the dead dog (which is interesting, seeing how at the time Eisenhower himself was wearing only four stars - you would think the ****s would have a better grasp of history when they made up their bogus story about the dog being given a military rank, but hey, we it's .......Anyone ever heard this story before??
Never heard anything about Ike and Reveille. I would assume that he had no idea about the A&M mascot. Certainly never heard a story even close to what the are making up.
Me Three, I have never heard anything like that story or even anything about Ike and A&M really.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I've never heard the Eisenhower claim.

http://www.aggienetwork.com/media/guides/texas%20aggie/2008/1108%20history%20of%20reveille.pdf

But I have heard of the Dogs for Defense program.
For those who didn't click the link, Dogs for Defense was a fundraising effort for the war. Could buy an "honorary" military title for the family dog. Rev's honorary designation of "general" cost $100. That's a lot of money in those days.

Money was needed to fund the program, and the War Dog Fund for Defense was created by patent broker James M. Austin who donated some $10,000 to war charities in the name of his fox terrier. Austin hoped to find a way to involve people with smaller or older dogs, so he created an honorary "K-9 Home Guard." For $1, a contributor's dog receives the rank of private or seaman, The rank of general could be purchased for $100, and there were a variety of ranks for prices ranging from $1-100.00.

By contrast, the sips ate bevo.

'Nuff said.
JR69
AG
Nobody had ever heard the Eisenhower story until RD made it up. Eisenhower did visit the A&M campus in 1946 as the keynote speaker for the Muster held in Kyle Field. There was no living Reveille at that time.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me Three, I have never heard anything like that story or even anything about Ike and A&M really.

Nobody has. Dip**** is probably confusing it for when FDR came to campus.
NoneGiven
AG
Is that when he said he would take a single reveille over a pen full of castrated bevos?
aggiehawg
AG
For some reason, the dogs for defense fundraising story reminded me of my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. Did you know they received a congratulatory card from the President?? And Willard Scott congratulated them on national tv?? They were tickled pink (and didn't know any better.)

Have to wonder which type of mimeographed letter was sent with "the commission" for the family dog after the donation???
FILO505
AG
quote:
Nobody has. Dip**** is probably confusing it for when FDR came to campus.

Note the shocked look on my face that RD's cock holster doesn't know his country's history. He's not worth my time, but I'd love to accidentally run into this guy at a bar. He seems like the kind of guy that would go full on Stolen Valor for a free taco.
aggiehawg
AG
Aaannnddd here we go. Again not Duke by username, but who the hell knows?? Username is ORD Buckeye and lists his location as Chicago.

quote:
**** has always made good cannon fodder.....often self-induced in some childish grab for glory right before the enemy showed **** the insides of their own stomach.....Gee, guess it wan't like the movie after all, and **** could get licked. For all their military bull$#@!, has **** ever produced a single legendary general or admiral?

That was in response to this:

"May 21, 2015

Howdy, Ags!

From 1918 through the mid-1940s, a service flag recognizing almost 2,000 Aggies who served and 55 who gave their lives in World War I hung in Guion Hall and the Academic Building. This flag memorialized the selfless service of Aggies in what was thought to be the war to end all wars. In the next almost 100 years, however, the number of Aggies to make the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation would swell to 1,100 as Aggies served in conflicts around the globe.

Our nation will pause Monday, May 25, to remember these men and women as part of the 1.3 million Americans who have given the last full measure of devotion in wars and conflicts dating back to the Revolutionary War. It fills me with great pride to know that Texas A&M and Texas Aggies fully recognize the significance of this day and honor it appropriately.

In North Texas, eight A&M Clubs will join with Gratitude Initiative, an Aggie-led organization that provides service and support to military children, and Carry the Load to remind others of the true meaning of Memorial Day during a 20-hour memorial march. I encourage you, also, to join with these Aggies and with the Board of Directors and staff of The Association of Former Students in finding your own way to honor the sacrifice of our fellow Aggies and Americans. Whether you do this by proudly flying the stars and stripes, visiting memorials or gravesites, or observing a moment of silence or prayer, you will boldly demonstrate our core value of respect as you do.

Respect and remembrance are obligations Aggies take seriously. Across our campus are memorials that remind us of the sacrifice of the Aggies who walked our campus before us and cause us to pause with grateful hearts for their supreme sacrifice. We take great pride in the military legacy of our alma mater and the willingness to serve displayed by Aggies dating back to the Spanish-American War, and this weekend we remember especially those who did not return home.

With Gratitude,

Porter S. Garner III '79
President and CEO"
Tom Doniphon
Absolute trash.
aggiehawg
AG
So not worth it.
Tom Doniphon
He needs his f'ing eye balls beat out the back of his head. Smack is smack... disrespecting WWII vets over being Aggies is pure chicken sh-t from a sorry ass, lunatic mother f-cker. I hope the b-stard chokes on a dick and dies.
FILO505
AG
I really want to punch him. Please tell me I'm allowed.
cuppycup
AG
Poor Randolph is so hung up on the 1939 radio play of the true story of King Gill. Since Gill suggested that students standing at games came out of that play and his legend grew as a result, RD concludes that has some impact on the trademark. He ignores two decades acknowledging A&M's famous twelfth man in press and Aggie publications before the play along with the 8 decades thereafter.

He tried to discount the continuity of the claim by suggesting that A&M hardly mentioned the 12th Man in yearbooks prior to 1980. Except it was mentioned in 42 of them. He tried to say the phrase was used generically, except it was used as a proper noun and quoted phrase well before the radio play (often accompanied by the word "famous" or similar).

Ironically, his strange curiosity probably ended up strengthening A&M's trademark claim by surfacing all of these references.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Poor Randolph is so hung up on the 1939 radio play of the true story of King Gill. Since Gill suggested that students standing at games came out of that play and his legend grew as a result, RD concludes that has some impact on the trademark. He ignores two decades acknowledging A&M's famous twelfth man in press and Aggie publications before the play along with the 8 decades thereafter.

He tried to discount the continuity of the claim by suggesting that A&M hardly mentioned the 12th Man in yearbooks prior to 1980. Except it was mentioned in 42 of them. He tried to say the phrase was used generically, except it was used as a proper noun and quoted phrase well before the radio play (often accompanied by the word "famous" or similar).

Ironically, his strange curiosity probably ended up strengthening A&M's trademark claim by surfacing all of these references.
At this point, I'm hoping he hires a lawyer to challenge the trademark and bankrupts himself in the process
aggiehawg
AG
From the man himself:

quote:
One would thing at some point, even the ****s would take Gill's words at face value when he explained "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kimbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

Only ****s would have trouble understanding "Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."
Maroon Dawn
AG
Well it's either obsess over trivial non-issues involving a non-rival OR discuss their home conference slate and debate which will be the marquee draw, Kansas state or Okie lite.

Good choice.
HTownAg98
quote:
From the man himself:

quote:
One would thing at some point, even the ****s would take Gill's words at face value when he explained "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kimbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

Only ****s would have trouble understanding "Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

Only dip**** sips that have the comprehension level of a gnat have trouble understanding that.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
From the man himself:

quote:

what this sounds like to me is my kid, who likes to argue just to be arguing. It doesn't make any sense and it's been answered many times, but he'll continue to ignore that just to keep the argument going. It's time to throw up the hand and say "time to move on".
aggiehawg
AG
Now Duke is going after the Aggie War Hymn.
quote:
For anyone needing some reading for Memorial Day, I have put together a bit of research into the **** "war hymn."

Our story begins in the waning days of World War I in the fields of France between the Meuse River and the Bois de Bourgogne, east of Paris, in a town called Barricourt.

The link below should take you to a pdf of the story. Click in the link "**** war debunk.pdf"

https://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Ac...ffedab7324a70c

The story runs too long to post here. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I will try to make other arrangements to have the pdf file hosted.
aggiehawg
AG
I had a problem opening that file. Anyone else tried it yet??
cuppycup
AG
He wrote a multipage essay attempting to show that a family story in a zoo thread is inconclusive. It's time to seek therapy.
Madman
AG
I know sips love their time machines. Duke needs one more than any of them. But if he could actually go back in time he would just argue with the people living the events he doesn't like.

"That boat George Washington used to cross the river was not near as small as the paintings show, and don't get me started on the temperature, not nearly as cold as you would think".
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
not a single person has actually researched the school's history
Strange confession to start his piece.
Jock 07
AG
If I ever write a 6 page thesis attempting to debunk some other school's tradition would someone kindly shoot me in the face?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
All I am saying is they don't appear to be supported by the records I located.
How conclusive!!!
Madman
AG
I am taking vacation time next week to write a multipart series on why Ohio State has everything wrong. Wish me luck and point me to a Buckeye message board.
aggiehawg
AG
Well, that was a waste of time.
cuppycup
AG
quote:
Well, that was a waste of time.

This should be RD's epitaph someday.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:
**** has always made good cannon fodder.....often self-induced in some childish grab for glory right before the enemy showed **** the insides of their own stomach.....Gee, guess it wan't like the movie after all, and **** could get licked. For all their military bull$#@!, has **** ever produced a single legendary general or admiral?

Haha... Something tells me the closest thing to a battlefield that this broke-dick has ever faced is when he was dodging the coat hanger inside his crack-ho momma's womb.

I don't know how "legendary" these Aggies are viewed within the military, but it's safe to say that they served/are serving their country admirably:
Texas A&M Flag Rank Officers
FILO505
AG
I'd be willing to bet he's one Master Chief mf'er...
goodAg80
AG
quote:
Well, he is a waste of oxygen.
FIFY
aggiehawg
AG
I assumed Randy's opus on the war hymn would have elicited much praise and hollerin' by his shag acolytes.

Nothing so far. Maybe even they are getting weary of his blather. Or they are having too much fun bashing Bama on the Tuscaloosa thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.