Real Estate
Sponsored by

FSBO Beautiful Ranch approx 30 mins from Aggieland

5,680 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by one MEEN Ag
Nab85ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I really love this ranch (492 acres) but are feeling overwhelmed with responsibilities and have decided to put it on the market. I am more than glad to answer any questions. Here is a link to our listing:
https://www.land.com/property/492-acres-in-Robertson-County-Texas/20571845/
highpriorityag
what beautiful pics!!

It seems well priced, good luck with the sale.

bam02
AG
Drool!

GLWS!
regularjoe
AG
Good looking ranch. Hard to beat the proximity to Aggieland. Hopefully a good Ag will buy it.
OwlAg13
AG
Man, that looks like an awesome place and right in God's country! Good luck
ags4rocks
AG
Looks like a pretty nice flip..
Nab85ag
AG
Thanks for the positive comments. Much appreciated. Gig em
aggiesundevil4
AG
Ok, my best and final offer - tree fiddy

Beautiful, drool inducing place - I wish I could buy it that's a perfect location
Nab85ag
AG
The location is definitely a positive IMO. Takes me approx 30 mins to get to the ranch from my office in south College Station and, once there, it is so quiet you feel like you're much more remote. Therapeutic…
WestGalvestonAggie
So, based on the name I'm assuming this is a working rabbit ranch? How many heads of rabbit can you run on a ranch this size? Are the pens and other equipment included? Financials available?
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
Captain Winky
Nm
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Beautiful! GLWS
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
kyledr04
AG
Beautiful place. Lots of family in booger county. Still hard to imagine $10000+ an acre especially for more than a few acres. Wish I had it or the money to keep Californians or China from buying it.
OwlAg13
AG
Are there many deer in the area?
Bronco6Gen
Beautiful property...all I need to do is find a loan with a 1% down payment and a partner that can afford 90% of the mortgage and that baby would be mine
Nab85ag
AG
I apologize for my slow response to your question about the deer but will attempt to answer now. The ranch is included in a very large area that is relatively undeveloped, low density (humans), and lots of woods. In other words, deer have a pretty big sanctuary. Of course, some of the referenced area is hunted but there are several very large neighboring landowners that do not allow hunting (or on a very limited basis). As a result, it is my belief that the overall deer population in the general area is good. While I do not have a wealth of documented historical info to share regarding the deer on our ranch, I have several friends that have owned land in close proximity for many years and, year after year, I am amazed at the bucks that I see taken off of these properties. Yes, these are properties that are properly managed - my point being that the area is certainly capable of producing big bucks. While riding around our place or sitting in blinds, we see a decent number of deer. We only harvested one deer off the ranch last year (a cull buck...nothing special)...low pressure, in other words. PM me if you want more detail as I am glad to share any info that I have. THANKS!
Nab85ag
AG
Still available.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Lotto ticket didn't perform as well as the Aggies
one MEEN Ag
AG
Nab85ag said:

My family and I really love this ranch (492 acres) but are feeling overwhelmed with responsibilities and have decided to put it on the market. I am more than glad to answer any questions. Here is a link to our listing:
Beautiful set up there. I guarantee you that whoever buys it is going to do the following: Break it up into smaller pieces, sell smaller lots at a premium, keep the best parts of it on a 150 acre tract and own it scott free.

So ask yourself, is there a part of this land that is managable given your responsibilities and want to keep for future generations?

And if you want to get a piece of the action on subdividing and relisting I can get you in touch with some people who do that for a living.
rednecked
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Nab85ag said:

Beautiful set up there. I guarantee you that whoever buys it is going to do the following: Break it up into smaller pieces, sell smaller lots at a premium, keep the best parts of it on a 150 acre tract and own it scott free.

So ask yourself, is there a part of this land that is managable given your responsibilities and want to keep for future generations?

And if you want to get a piece of the action on subdividing and relisting I can get you in touch with some people who do that for a living.
I would be in for 5 acres!
one MEEN Ag
AG
rednecked said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Nab85ag said:

I would be in for 5 acres!
You need to check with the county on what the minimum acreage size is for ag exemption. It might be 5, most of the time its 10, I believe I heard of some chicanery around counties around college station wanting 20? But whatever the minimum is, get that plus one so you can put your house on it and not run afoul of your exemption.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.