Real Estate
Sponsored by

Wolf Ranch Community in Georgetown?

1,381 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JB
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What can you tell me about this community?

Considering a new build out here. Noticed it's near all the retail staples, near a hospital, and not far off 35.

How's that commute to Austin Bergstrom on a Monday morning? How bad is that commute down 35 towards Round Rock/Austin?

Seems like a no-brainer that home values will rise in this area over time. New builds seem like a safe investment.
Any builders you'd avoid like the plague?

Thanks
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
You should be okay if you're taking 130. 35 has always been bad going south on 35 from Round Rock. It doesn't matter what day it is.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
jopatura
AG
Commute down 35 will be awful. I wouldn't go further south past Dell and live in Georgetown. 130 will make it pretty easy to get to the airport and cost $$$ for routine tolls, but flying out on Monday morning you will need to be there 2 hours prior to your flight no matter what (and big event weekends may need closer to 3 hours). So for a 6am flight you'll be leaving your house around 3am.
JBLHAG03
AG
Georgetown is over built and does not have adequate water supply. Would not build there.
JB
AG
They are widening Wolf Ranch Parkway sometime in the next year. Also adding a much needed light at the Home Depot/Walmart road

We live in the older neighborhood behind the newer neighborhood I think you're talking about and like it here.
BMach
AG
jopatura said:

Commute down 35 will be awful. I wouldn't go further south past Dell and live in Georgetown. 130 will make it pretty easy to get to the airport and cost $$$ for routine tolls, but flying out on Monday morning you will need to be there 2 hours prior to your flight no matter what (and big event weekends may need closer to 3 hours). So for a 6am flight you'll be leaving your house around 3am.

I live in Georgetown and fly out of Bergstrom regularly. If you have precheck, 1hr in advance is fine, I'm routinely there in less than an hour. I will say, the precheck line has actually been getting longer than the normal line though.
C@LAg
JB said:

We live in the older neighborhood behind the newer neighborhood I think you're talking about and like it here.
OAK CREST II REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but I guess you are actually talking about the "newer" developments than Oak Crest)
JB
AG
Hey neighbor, we are Oak Crest 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.