Real Estate
Sponsored by

Intown Homes

1,908 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ForeverAg
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are looking to buy our first house, have our eyes on an Intown Home inventory house in Houston.

The strange thing is that it was built in late 2022 but hasn't sold yet. Listings on HAR/Zillow aren't that old.

We saw it in person. Layout/size is great for us but it looks like they forgot about the house after building it. Some of the cabinets and drawers need to be fixed in the kitchen.

Wife read some Yelp reviews (lol) about the builder and now thinks they're low quality despite our realtor saying Intown homes generally fare well in the resale market.

Anyone buy a house from them recently?
htxag09
AG
Haven't personally owned an Intown home. But join a facebook or nextdoor group in the area you're interested in, or any any area where Intown builds, and search their name. You'll get tons of posts with people complaining about build quality and asking if others have seen the same.

Biggest issue I've seen posted is in regards to stucco. Intown does seem to have more issues, but buy pretty much an stucco home, especially townhome, in Houston and you're begging for issues.

Outside of stucco, random posts about build quality, materials, etc., AC going out after 5 years, roof leaks, shower leaks, etc.
canadiaggie
AG
htxag09 said:

Haven't personally owned an Intown home. But join a facebook or nextdoor group in the area you're interested in, or any any area where Intown builds, and search their name. You'll get tons of posts with people complaining about build quality and asking if others have seen the same.

Biggest issue I've seen posted is in regards to stucco. Intown does seem to have more issues, but buy pretty much an stucco home, especially townhome, in Houston and you're begging for issues.

Outside of stucco, random posts about build quality, materials, etc., AC going out after 5 years, roof leaks, shower leaks, etc.
Thanks. I looked up where you suggested and saw some of the same. Luckily no stucco on this house.
h_town_ags
I owned one. Did a new build where we selected the house we wanted before they had done the foundation work. Not the biggest fan of the builder but you are buying a townhome so it's not like there is a quality builder that is going to have substantially better product.

Would say when I bought they promised a lot of things but at the end of the day if it wasn't in the contract, they refused to do it - example: wanted my back deck stained instead of painted black. I got unfinished decks.

Lots of issues with my AC but to the credit, it got "fixed" each time.

> 50% of my punch list items never got taken care of and I had stucco issues that were discovered when I sold (5 yr old new build).

Just document everything you want. Get good inspections and do not be afraid to walk away. Townhomes are a dime a dozen and it's unlikely you stay there for the long haul.
redaszag99
Is intown homes the guy has the garage full of Porches in EADO?
Diggity
AG
that was Urban Living.

Frank at Intown still drives a 20 year old Lexus as far as I know.
MAS444
AG
Just had a fun little lawsuit with ole Frank.
canadiaggie
AG
MAS444 said:

Just had a fun little lawsuit with ole Frank.
With Lovett?
MAS444
AG
No - had to do with a large commercial purchase and development deal. Different entities involved.
Diggity
AG
interesting.

One of the Meyer kids runs that commerical group now.
ForeverAg
AG
I own an in town townhome in EADO. It was built in the early 2000's and overall was been pretty solid. Before I bought the home I put a request in for them to recut the vent in the roof as in my j section they had the roof decking nearly touching instead of being able to vent so they did come and do that.

I had two different electrical breakers going into the same switch panel which I'm not sure is to code or not but I did shock the hell out of myself when I though I shut off all of the power to the switches and there was a single line that was on a different breaker.

Beyond that as other posters have said above, there is not really a whole lot different between twonhome builders and Intown is as good as any other one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.