Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Survey

1,640 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Golf1
Golf1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just found out the title company isn't accepting a survey from a few years ago and now I feel behind the 8 ball on a new home my wife and I purchased recently. Closing date is June 4th. Anyone have an idea on how long surveys are taking on homes right now and who to use? House is in Bryan.
jja79
AG
Title company should be able to handle that.
Bill Robbins
AG
Adam at aTm Surveying has been good in the past with quick turn-arounds.

https://atmsurveying.com/
Braxton.Sherrill
AG
What title company? How long have they had the existing survey?

Dustin Kaiser has done the last few for me and he has been very prompt.

dustin@midpointsurveying.com

Maverick06
AG
Just went through this same thing. Title company handled everything.
ElephantRider
AG
For anything local to BCS, go with Kerr. The amount of local knowledge and expertise is they have is unmatched.
Golf1
AG
Really behind the 8 ball now. Title company/agents/lender have been going back and forth about the survey. So it was accepted 3 years ago but not now. Survey was from 2004 I believe. I think it was from a company called MacArthur surveys but they don't appear to be in business anymore. I'll reach out to some of the company's you all have mentioned and see what needs to be done.

Thanks.
SoTheySay
S
Find out WHY they aren't accepting it.

Most recently that I had one not accepted I was able to fix it with documentation. Cost me $0 and about an hour of my time.
Golf1
AG
It was because they couldn't read it. I don't blame them because I didn't know what I was looking at either but it was frustrating that it was accepted 3 years ago but not now by a different title company. Luckily we found someone willing to do it tomorrow and not charging a fee for getting it done ASAP so that's nice.
normaleagle05
AG
I'd hedge my bet that the surveyor you found is going to perform in a timely fashion (and that the new survey is acceptable to the title company). Pull the deeds going back to the transaction dated alongside the old survey and see if you can look up a former owner and get/buy a copy from them.
jja79
AG
Why isn't the title company handling this?
Sea Speed
AG
jja79 said:

Why isn't the title company handling this?

Must not be in tx where the title company gives superior service and products.
SteveBott
AG
I've found the more rural title companies will not handle the survey process more than give a list of companies for the buyer/seller to handle. Urban companies will take care of it.
jja79
AG
I've been involved in a few transactions and this is always handled by the title company. What am I missing here?

I closed a deal in Iola this month with a College Station title company that knocked this part out. Similar situation to the OP but the buyer didn't have to do anything.
jja79
AG
And at a higher cost to the parties who were happy to pay for the great explanation how the coffee machine works and the fresh Otis Spunkenmeyer cookies.
Golf1
AG
We are buying in BCS. I dont know what all has happened with it because our agent and the sellers agent have been the one talking to the title company and it kinda seems like the title company hasn't done much other than tell us that our old survey that was accepted from the previous buyers no longer work. We used our own surveyor today and I hope the title company doesn't make a dime on it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.