Real Estate
Sponsored by

CAD and selling home

1,255 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by FightinTAC08
AgPT06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a good article or explanation that discusses why your county appraisal has nothing to do with the value of selling your home? I went onto our neighborhood Facebook page to remind everyone to turn in their protest by tomorrow's deadline and I have a lady who is telling people to not do it because she doesn't want the value of our homes to go down in the neighborhood. I was able to get 100,000 knocked off my valuation with just a couple comps. I tried to explain that saves me a couple thousand dollars in taxes and over 10 years that could be $20,000.
b0ridi
Don't waste your energy on them.
agnerd
AG
Neighborhood lady is an idiot. Don't listen to anything she says from now on.
AgPT06
AG
Completely agree with both of you. I have no intention of changing her mind, just trying to provide some help to the neighbors reading it. I hate the whole system and just want to lead a revolution. The problem is I just care at 11 o'clock at night when I was posting, then I remember I have a real day job.
Martin Q. Blank

The neighbors who don't protest hurt your ability to use them as comps. However, those who don't protest also pay more taxes which is reflected on the tax rate. Which in turn lowers your tax bill. It's probably all a wash whether they protest or not.
AgPT06
AG
Lol. I texags at all hours...just saying my caring about the lady's post was heightened at 11 at night. Im over it now. And good points about the others protesting.
Yesterday
AG
No kidding, trophy wife's think it's a flex to have a higher tax value through the county. It's crazy.
FightinTAC08
AG
most people DGAS. I've tried to tell my neighbors to protest. some don't even have homestead exemptions. stupid, ignorant, lazy. call it what you want.

always protest.

best I've done is explain that CAD appraisal is as of 1/1. the valuation at any other time of the year is irrelevant to that appraisal. lower values, means lower taxes. a buyer that looks at CAD appraisal for a market value is also not getting the whole picture.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.