Real Estate
Sponsored by

legal eviction?

2,036 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by James Forsyth
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

so how do you legally evict someone?

for non-payment of rent....

so as far as I know, I have to post a notice and give them x amount of days to move...

if they refuse, I go to the constables office to get an eviction process started... judge agrees and then we go get a constable to physically remove them...

then we put their crap in storage for x amount of days and then we're done?

Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
https://guides.sll.texas.gov/landlord-tenant-law/eviction-process

Good info here.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
Agilaw
AG
With a tenant that is to the point of needing to be evicted, along with getting possession of the property - your goal should also be to try to minimize the damage to your property during the process. Tenants facing eviction often do extensive damage on the way out.
SoTheySay
S
Agilaw said:

With a tenant that is to the point of needing to be evicted, along with getting possession of the property - your goal should also be to try to minimize the damage to your property during the process. Tenants facing eviction often do extensive damage on the way out.

This. I just walked a $19k job yesterday.
dubi
AG
studioone said:

so as far as I know, I have to post a notice and give them x amount of days to move...

if they refuse, I go to the constables office to get an eviction process started... judge agrees and then we go get a constable to physically remove them...

You may consider paying them to walk away and hand you the key.

I know this sounds crazy since they are NOT paying you rent, but it could be much worse while you wait for the eviction process to complete.
GoodAg84
AG
"Cash for keys" is a sound and
preferred practice vs foreclosure by lenders as well...for same reasons as others stated about wrecking the home on the way out.
Gig Em!

ToddyHill
AG
Quote:

This...one thousand percent.

It took us about 90 days to get a tenant out (we live in Tennessee). When the County Sheriff gained access, one of his first comments: "You're lucky...evicted people generally make a mess of the place before they leave."
dallasiteinsa02
I tried to buy a bank-foreclosed house probably 20 years ago. If it could be removed, they did. Appliances, countertops, plugs, switches, plumbing fixtures, and anything else you could think of was removed. Couldn't get the bank to budge on their number even when I walked them through the cost to replace everything. I wasn't even factoring in that they may have flushed a bag of concrete before they took the toilet. The house sat for 2 years before they sold it.
James Forsyth
studioone said:

I assume you have a written lease. First step is to follow the lease's terms for sending them a Notice of Default.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.