Real Estate
Sponsored by

Real Estate Team

1,761 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bobcat90
bobcat90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently on an extremely successful real estate team in Dallas and do well. Moving to CS in the summer, so I've got to start over building my network. Looking at Walsh & Mangan and Bock Realty. Any other suggestions of a dominant team to join?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
bobcat90 said:

Currently on an extremely successful real estate team in Dallas and do well. Moving to CS in the summer, so I've got to start over building my network. Looking at Walsh & Mangan and Bock Realty. Any other suggestions of a dominant team to join?

Tough all around as there are quite a few good teams around here. Bock Realty is a great group and every interaction I've had with them was great. Same with Walsh & Mangan, as I live across the street from one of their agents. There's a bunch of other successful shops here as well. If you'd like, you can DM me and I can give you the production figures of the teams in BCSMLS and you can work from there.
bobcat90
AG
Will do!
aggies4life
AG
Can anyone find production figures of the teams and or individuals or do you have to be a realtor/have access to the local mls?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
aggies4life said:

Can anyone find production figures of the teams and or individuals or do you have to be a realtor/have access to the local mls?

Not sure it's public, just know it's one of the reports we can run in the MLS
bobcat90
AG
Sucks for me being on a team where my leader's name gets credit in all my sales on mls, so if someone looks me up, it looks like I've done nothing yet i sold 7 million last year which ain't bad being its only my 3rd year in.
Sea Speed
AG
Well that seems like a pretty crappy situation. You lose numbers and his get inflated. Why do you do allow that? Is it just par for the course for being on a team?
bobcat90
AG
I can always leave the team if i don't like it but there's such amazing leads we get bc of the brand, it's hard to. Hopefully, in cs, I'll find a team that works differently.
Sea Speed
AG
Does that not hamstring you when you go out on your own? I'm guessing that this is an industry standard? I will never look at one of those So and So Team real estate billboards the same again.
Heineken-Ashi
Start your own team. Get Conner Weigman an NIL deal and put his face on all marketing and signs.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
bobcat90
AG
Nah, it's not standard. The smaller team i was on beforehand gave me credit.
bobcat90
AG
I'll have to get my broker's license bf i can do that but yeah, so true. I am an old Ag but most people in cs probably are, so that won't win over new clients.
1Aggie99
AG
So just out of my own curiosity, assuming gross 3% on a $1M closing. What is typically brokers cut vs the agent cut that actually worked the listing?

I have no clue but guessing 1% maybe?
bobcat90
AG
It depends on the broker, and if you are an individual agent or are working on a team. It also depends upon if you get any of the leads from third-party sources like Realtor.com or Zillow I am on a team and I do get a lot of leads from third-party sources so I usually make half a percent

There's been a lot of ugly talk about how agents should not be paid as much as they are but the reality is that most of us do have to split it in so many ways
We also have royalty fees and cap fees we have to meet each year along with E and O insurance and brick and mortar fees and then this is all before we've paid taxes
MS08
AG
Typical Broker gets $20-$25k off each agent, assuming that agent produces at least $2mm or so in sales.
normaleagle05
AG
You brought in $210,000 in commissions and walked away with $35,000 BEFORE taxes?

You'd do better than that on the shoulder at Forest and 75, which is tax free.
bobcat90
AG
Wait what??? No…
normaleagle05
AG
bobcat90 said:

...I usually make half a percent...

royalty fees
cap fees
E and O insurance
brick and mortar fees
and then this is all before we've paid taxes

3% on $7mm is $210,000.
0.50% is $35,000
bobcat90
AG
More like 1%. My highest last year was a 2.6M home. I made 26k. BUT then i owe taxes. Haven't paid those yet. It will be a 5 figure check for 2023. And health insurance? Can't afford it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.