Real Estate
Sponsored by

BCAD Homestead exemption from ad valorem

564 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ShawnTxAg
ShawnTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I received a letter on 12/12/23 from BCAD stating,

"A residence homestead exemption from ad valorem taxation is NOT currently being allowed on my property. However, records show that the property may qualify for a residence homestead exemption, which will reduce my taxes."

I responded and was told to fill out the exemption form and mail it in. Which i did and confirmed it was received. I tried to follow up and inquire on how my taxes would be adjusted and if they would take in account the taxes i had paid the following years in which they didn't allow for the exemption on my property, but never heard back from them on this issue. Anyone familiar with this?
p_bubel
Brazos CAD, Bexar CAD... ?
ShawnTxAg
AG
Brazos
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I believe you have two years to backdate a homestead exemption and any overage you paid should be refunded to you.

I think your best bet is heading on down to Pendleton drive and speaking with th le BCAD office to try and get it sorted out. That or calling, they should be able to look in the system and give you a better answer.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Funny enough I got home today and had a refund check for this year in my mailbox. I'll follow up again tomorrow about the previous years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.