Real Estate
Sponsored by

Texas' housing market tumbles

1,763 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Texker
Red Pear Felipe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-housing-market-trouble-1878738

Quote:

Sales plunged by 11 percent last year, the report found, with a total of 327,921 salesthe lowest number since 2016. The drop happened despite homes in the state being generally a bit cheaper (down 1.4 percent) than they had been the year before with a statewide median price of $335,100.

I'm anxiously waiting to see how sales will be during the buying/selling season.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
ChoppinDs40
AG
houses ain't cheaper with rise in interest rates. Also... the continued run-up in prices has outpaced wage growth and other inflationary items are catching up.

That being said... there's at least 100 new homes that have been framed in the next 2 phases of my neighborhood. Seems supply is still short or builders are just going to keep going regardless of sales velocity.
Diggity
AG
Clickbait
Texker
AG
Curious as well because as I drive through Kaufman, Hunt, Rockwall and Collin Counties the new housing developments are endless. Sales aren't plunging in those counties.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.