Real Estate
Sponsored by

Need some advice regarding a home inspection on a lakehouse wherein no building codes

11,133 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Furlock Bones
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. This is crazy. So sorry to hear
aggiehawg
AG
AgResearch said:

How does that happen? I've always been able to see funds at closing.
Thy were set and given voided checks for the funding. But the money has never shown up in our accounts.

It is gone. Neither the realtor nor the closer has any explanatin.
schwack schwack
AG
This is unbelievable. Hoping you get this figured out asap.

edit: Who/where was this closed?
Mas89
AG
Medaggie
This makes no sense. I have never received keys as the buyer until funding has been completed. Just bought a place and had to wait an extra day for keys because funding was delayed from my end.
schwack schwack
AG
I hope you get some answers this week. And some money.
cslifer
What title company handled the closing?
OverR
AG
Yikes.

Poor hawg!
TailG8TR
AG
Any new updates ? So sorry .....
schwack schwack
AG
Was this resolved? Did you get your money?
OverR
AG
Hawg is a lawyer right? I hope this is not litigious radio silence.

Poor ol dame.
Agilaw
AG
Something isn't adding up on this transaction/closing. Why weren't the funds confirmed before finishing the closing? Why did title company hand off the executed deeds and closing documents prior to having the funds on hand? If you didn't receive the funds, what is the consideration for the transaction? I would demand answers asap.
cslifer
I agree. I have been through some trainwreck closings (title company miscalculated cash needed to close, incorrectly filled out paperwork etc) but this just doesn't make sense. I second all that you said plus how did the buyer get the keys? As bad as some title companies can be (looking at you Southland in Crystal Beach) I just don't see how this could happen.
schwack schwack
AG
Best title company in B/CS? Don't want to risk this happening...
Diggity
AG
this would never happen if the seller didn't give keys prior to funding
Agilaw
AG
Common practice to leave keys with the title company and the keys aren't given to the Buyer until the deal is confirmed as funded.
Diggity
AG
Agreed.

OP said the buyer never "showed up" though. I assumed that to mean "showed up to closing" but we don't have enough details

Just seems like a whole bunch of things went wrong
BaronDeBishopville
This was probably a title company in Franklin. I'm really curious which one.
dallasiteinsa02
I have so many questions. Can't you search the bar association to find him? Not seeing anything on Google or a brazos county property. I could see them coming, signing everything and the wire never comes, but why would the title company file the deed or close the transaction. Sounds like a mess that the title company is going to have to backstop.
jopatura
AG
Did the buyer fall for one of the wire transfer scams and sweet talked their way into keys based on the money out versus money received?
BrazosDog02
AG
jopatura said:

Did the buyer fall for one of the wire transfer scams and sweet talked their way into keys based on the money out versus money received?

Oh my god I hope not. I reallly hope Hawg gets this sorted and it works out Ok. This whole thread got me stressed out and I can't imagine the pain and stress endured by the seller.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

This was probably a title company in Franklin. I'm really curious which one.
But the listing realtor is in B/CS.

I'm curious too since we are preparing to list my Mom's condo in Bryan. Would like to avoid this company.

edit: AggieHawg - if you see this can you pm me the title company to avoid?
BaronDeBishopville
Title companies are usually determined by where the property is located, not by where the realtor is.
txaggie_08
AG
It's weird Hawg hasn't come back with an update. She's active on the Politics board.

I'm just hoping it was some misunderstanding
aggiehawg
AG
Tuned out it was the bank's fault they didn't fund. Wells Fargo. They finally funded late Monday morning. I raised hell with them for that.

Reason I left Chase bank was because they refused to credit an on us* check from an attorney's IOLTA account for ten business days because they thought I might be a drug dealer with that large of a deposit. Had $750,000 with them at the time. Caused quite a scene actually back then.

Things got a bit complicated when the buyers changed the locks before it closed, much less funded and we still had to get the boat out, which The Hubs did a few days later, after a weather caused delay.

Everything the buyers said they had lined up to go with their "repairs" have not happened yet. Dock is still there, no sign of any workers anywhere.

Sorry for our neighbors, who are good people who will help each other out like we have done for each other as needed for 24 years. New buyers have zero goodwill nor apparently even the ability to mow the lawn. LOL.

They got a solid great lakehouse.

*Under Article IV UCC, banks presented with an "on us" deposit means they are both the issuing and depositary bank. Midnight deadline for those.
20ag07
Sooo…

It's obvious that you didn't have a good realtor, or you wouldn't have had to run to TexAgs to get answers on everything related to that transaction (on you for making that choice).

But you also still had a boat sitting on the property after the alleged botched closing?

This all looks like emotional overreacting, without having the right professionals involved, and some mess on your part too, that was not disclosed.
cslifer
Who cares if they have started repairs yet, or mowed the lawn for that matter? It is a business transaction, they have a house, you have money. Don't let emotions get involved in real estate transactions nothing good will come of it.
FC12
Lot of smoke on this one....
bizag07
Wouldn't an attorney be smart enough to not call out the buyer's name on an Internet forum, prior to funding? (Or afterwards).

Then continue blasting him, after the deal was complete, and she had named him publicly, for things like not mowing the grass and repairing the house? (Which are none of her business anymore).

There's some real unhinged stuff going on here.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Emotions and financial transactions are never w good mix. Feels like there is quite a bit of that here
FC12
Hardest working lawyer on TexAgs?? Weirder things have happened…just had a solar eclipse and it's election year so all bets are off…
I'm trying to not get banned
Medaggie
This thread is confusing. What I got is

1. Buyer got an inspection and wanted max concessions.
2. Bank didn't transfer the $$$$ which is not the buyers fault
3. Keys given to buyer by title who should not have but still not buyer fault
4. Buyer assumed things closed b/c he initiated transfer of $$ and got keys. I would assume the same.
5. He hasn't mowed the lawn. It has been a whopping week since closing and sometimes it hard to find labor to do this on short notice for a new client.
6. Dock repairs - It been 1 wk. It takes months to get any work on docks.

I am not sure what the buyer has done wrong. Its been a week, what do the neighbors expect from this guy/girl?
20ag07
Don't forget that the buyer was called out by name on an Internet forum, by a supposed attorney

Who had left her boat on the property.

Totally whack.
Medaggie
20ag07 said:

Don't forget that the buyer was called out by name on an Internet forum, by a supposed attorney

Who had left her boat on the property.

Totally whack.
There has to be more to this story. Everything the buyer was accused of is something anyone reasonable would do.

I send money, got keys which equates to title telling me its completed/funded. Again, I just closed on a house and title held keys for a day b/c me bank did not fund by 5pm which to me is completely reasonable. I immediately go and change out the locks which takes 30 minutes. What are buyers supposed to do? It took me 3 weeks to get someone to cut the grass, contractors are all busy esp for new jobs.

I would been not too happy if I bought a house and someone's possessions/boat was still on the property.
swimmerbabe11
Our title company doesn't even allow cashier's check over 1500 dollars because of the possibility of someone committing check fraud or stopping a check and getting keys.

Hard not to be emotional over property you have had so long, but definitely your old neighbors should give them a little grace and time to settle in on getting their new property taken care of.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.