Real Estate
Sponsored by

Buying land in Tyler, County

1,236 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bradtheag
thesassman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,
I am finally going to buy some land in the country, and I have found some land near Woodville in Tyler County. I have a few questions and was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some contacts or costs. Here are the questions

• Need to drill a well. Any referrals or costs to drill one for drinking?
  • There is electricity at the frontage road, but I want to put the house 500 to 1000 ft from the road. Any idea on the cost to run electrical line with poles that far?
  • The property is heavily wooded except for about 5 acres in the front which has a lot of debris from the timber harvest. It was replanted with pine but I would like to keep it cleared. Any idea on costs to clear and level the ground?
  • Finally, any referrals to dig a pond?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
plowboy1065
S
Did you ask your Realtor any of these questions? Just curious on what their answer was
thesassman
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Did you ask your Realtor any of these questions? Just curious on what their answer was
I asked but was looking if anyone had first hand knowledge.

I got a quote to drill a 600 ft well in Linden where another property that interested me was for $25k with the pump, pipe, etc.

I have heard a quote of $40/foot to do electrical from the road to your location on the property

I have heard $10k/acre to clear, but it depends on the density, so I think it would be less

The pond depends on how it is done. Bringing in dirt to build a barrier vs digging out. I need to dig out some ground and have a barrier.

Thanks,
SteveBott
AG
This is not to say your questions are not RE you need to post on OB. Hundreds of farm and land posters who could really refine your needs and costs. It's a tough crowd so wear your big boy britches.
thesassman
AG
SteveBott said:

This is not to say your questions are not RE you need to post on OB. Hundreds of farm and land posters who could really refine your needs and costs. It's a tough crowd so wear your big boy britches.

I was torn between RE or OB. I will definitely post it over there. I don't have a problem with the harsh truth and happy to ignore anyone who goes beyond that

Mark
SteveBott
AG
Just post in both and see what you get back.
bradtheag
AG
Shoot me a message. I live in Woodville
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.