Real Estate
Sponsored by

Are buyers already coming back into the housing market?

2,770 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Red Pear Felipe
Red Pear Felipe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2023/01/30/buyers-coming-back-housing-market.html

Quote:

On the new-build side, the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index, which measures homebuilder confidence, increased this month for the first time since December 2021. Some major builders, such as Arlington, Texas-based D.R. Horton Inc. (NYSE: DHI), have signaled they plan to increase their housing starts this spring in anticipation of more buyer demand.

To be sure, one month's worth of data isn't indicative of a major shift and the NAHB/Wells Fargo index, at 35, is still low compared to historic standards. But economists, analysts and real estate agents are hoping a more typical spring housing market will take place this year.

Sellers are starting to offer concessions to prospective buyers due to more competition. I'm curious to see what happens in March-April when the buying season begins.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
Premium
AG
If I was in the market I'd consider getting in this coming summer. Thinking rates might be high now but in the next 3-5 years there will be good time to refinance.
ReloadAg
AG
I work for Lennar in Austin and our starts are definitely increasing month over month and are well off our lows of a few months ago.
2%er/New Army
We're about to be buyers in the market. Life stage decision that needs to happen with schools/size of home. Rates suck but will for a while. Planning on doing a 7 year ARM and refi when the time is right. Essentially "renting" the IR they will give me for now.

Areas we are targeting have very little inventory and things are still going u/c ASAP. Only people that are upgrading are selling or meemaw passed and the house needs a full gut job.
jjdavis85
AG
I saw a bump in activity on my listing over the last 2 weeks. Interest rates stabilizing combined with buyer's taking advantage of 3-2-1 rate buydown programs/seller's contributions to closing cost have something to do with it.
itsyourboypookie
Just got an over asking contract on this one

rondis23
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Flipper has to pay capital gains on this when he sells? Is there a way to avoid that?
itsyourboypookie
rondis23 said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Flipper has to pay capital gains on this when he sells? Is there a way to avoid that?

Offset the income with depreciation of mobile homes held as personal property in the same LLC.. or bonus deprecation from cost seg of rentals held in same LLC.

Not tax advice. But it's how we achieve negative K1s with positive cashflow. Talk to your CPA.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Where are you thinking of buying? If you're in Texas, Red Pear Realty agents can help you with a 1.5% buyer rebate that you can use to pay for closing costs or buying down your rate.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.