Real Estate
Sponsored by

Chart showing new mortgage LLPA effective May 1st

4,781 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Diggity
Braxton.Sherrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here a good chart showing the new pricing adjustments that will be effective May 1st.

So if you have a 750 score and put 15 to 19.9% down the LLPAs are .75 worse. If you have a 630 and are putting less than 5% down you pricing would be 1.75 better.

Makes complete sense………

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That chart kind of looks like the government sticking it to the middle class one more time.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Furlock Bones
AG
as they always do
RockOn
For reference:

Old: https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/media/33201/display

New: https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/media/9391/display

It appears that 780 is the new 740 in terms of top credit quality.
RockOn
Still not sure why the OP's chart has increases as negative numbers.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Probably bc the government made that chart
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
RockOn
Red Pear Realty said:

Probably bc the government made that chart
Can't really tell, its hosted on an S3 bucket and looks like a copy/paste from excel.
SteveBott
AG
That chart in the OP is from an article posted by Mortgage News and they added the color and pricing differences. Here is a complete list of all LLPAs. Note these fees are cumulative.

So a 750 credit+cash out+80LTV+45% DTI = total charge.

I come up with 2.375+.375=2.75 fee.

https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/media/9391/display

This same loan before 5-1 cost is .875. So a very significant increase in that loan. It looks like they are rewarding lower credit and penalizes higher scores. Sucks
JobSecurity
AG
Can an expert explain this like I'm 5? or maybe 15

Is the change here in addition to the base market "going rate" for a complying mortgage?

So just making an example up if I have a 780 credit score and put 10% down thats a 0.25 charge, plus maybe DTI >40 is 0.375, you're looking at a .625% higher rate?

From looking at the chart Steve linked I don't get why someone with a 780 credit score putting <5% down would be charged less than if they put 20-24.99% down.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
The chart above is the CHANGE from current numbers. Not the actual fee. So, a 639 credit score is still charged more then a 780 at any loan to value. With 5% down for example, there is a .250 charge with a 780 credit score and a 1.750% charge for 639.

Here are the actual numbers: Fannie Mae LLPA

Also, it is important to understand this is the charge for a lender to deliver a loan to Fannie/Freddie. The "charge" is NOT to the rate. In other words, if the change is 1.250 on the chart in the first post it does NOT mean your rate will be 1.250% higher. It more likely that the rate would cost you 1.250% more in costs, or maybe .250% higher in rate. So, it will still increase costs, but not a direct 1 to 1 relationship.

Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Quote:

From looking at the chart Steve linked I don't get why someone with a 780 credit score putting <5% down would be charged less than if they put 20-24.99% down.
Because anything above 80% has mortgage insurance which insures the lender on default. Same reason you will notice the charge is a little smaller at 95% then at 85%. That is because the mortgage insurance coverage is greater at 95% then it is at 85%.
jja79
AG
I'm at a meeting today related to this. Part of the slant toward lower credit scores is to meet the administration's priority to serve under served communities. Read that how you will.

Effective for loans delivered to the agencies 5/1 so pricing before that will be impacted.
SteveBott
AG
I would expect lenders to start new pricing by March.
SMG
AG
Any updates to this?
SMG
AG
IF you put 60% down, with a good credit score, are you safe? Im a bit confused here.
5 Star Bag man
AG
Yes. This is primarily only negatively affecting the good credit borrowers wanting to put down 15-20%.
If you put down 60% (as long as loan amount isn't above $726,000 which would make it jumbo), then you're in a great spot.
12thAngryMan
AG
If it's all the same to the borrower, would it be more advantageous to close at >=90% LTV, then pay down to 80% LTV to avoid PMI? Or are there other non-LLPA costs that would offset any potential benefit (assuming PMI is not paid for any significant length of time)?
SteveBott
AG
There is usually a prepayment clause on PMI so you would want to get that from the lender and calculate best option.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yep. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
12thMan9
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Yep. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
Also called BOHICA. Extra for the lube......
Ronnie '88
SMG
AG
Am I reading this chart right?

If I put down 30% or more, I am safe? No extra fee?

But if I put 29% down or less….then I will have a fee?
hph6203
AG
Yes.
Sea Speed
AG
I close on my new house may 1st
htxag09
AG
This would have effected you if you closed April 30….. this is already in effect based on the lenders I've talked to
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I see that as well but it says funded may 1 or later or something like that. Csnt do anything about it now so whatever.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
It would effect any deal that was locked in early March or later. The May 1st is the date the loan is delivered to the GSE's.

Here is good article about the whole thing: https://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/markets/mortgage-rates-04212023
hph6203
AG
Delivered, not funded. It takes time post funding for a loan to be delivered and it takes time pre-funding to process loans, which would lead lenders to front run pricing changes and take any reduction in demand rather than eat the fee later.
htxag09
AG
I'll preface this by clarifying I'm not for it, but the hyperbole going around social media and the news is crazy. My FIL has tried to call me 3 times to tell me if we don't close before may 1 (on a house we aren't even under contract on) then we'll see an extra $25k in closing costs. I told him I've talked to my mortgage provider and that's not the case. He called again saying I need a new mortgage company because he saw it again on the news and that's absolutely the case.
Sea Speed
AG
The more you learn the more you realize you don't know.
Mumbo Jimbo
More reasons not to move, prices going up (again)
Diggity
AG
That's funny. It's certainly become a huge talking point.

Glad to hear you finally found something.
htxag09
AG
Maybe…..
bullard21k
AG
Probably a silly question as I haven't looked into this at all but Would this have any impact if someone was looking to finance buying a piece of land with no home currently on it?
5 Star Bag man
AG
Only affects your loan if you are looking to do a long-term fixed-rate, government backed product
MookieBlaylock
AG
SpencAg said:

Only affects your loan if you are looking to do a long-term fixed-rate, government backed product

So 95% of primary home buyers
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.