Real Estate
Sponsored by

Moving back to Katy in May/June- Rent or buy immediately?

1,643 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GoodAg84
Shooz in Katy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edit: we already have a buyers agent/realtor in Katy. I neglected to state that up front. We are looking for a mortgage lender. Also we are definitely buying and not renting.

Shooz in Mizzou is changing to Shooz in Katy!

All of our kids want to go to A&M and my wife is done with her trial of living up here by her family. Kids are currently 9th, 8th & 6th grade so we planned a few months ago to do this timed with the end of this semester.

Sooooo.......

We're selling our home here, but should we look to buy right away in Katy or should we rent and watch the market?

Rates, inflation, looming recession (?), Saudis taking Chicom Yuans instead of dollars for oil, what's it all mean?

Is it wisest to buy now or rent/wait?

Also are there such things as home rentals where you're not locked into 6 or 12 or 24 month contracts?

(And yes if we're buying, we'll need a mortgage lender - this will be our 4th house - big bank lenders are garbage - I'd like a smaller broker who's an Aggie )

Furlock Bones
AG
If you have the means, search for the house you want to buy. you will be better off buying the house you need rather than trying to time the market.
TJaggie14
AG
Houston is full, have you tried El Paso?
Shooz in Katy
AG
Hey I'm moving BACK to Katy. I already have right of residency reclamation. Save it for the Californians.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Check out this poll I did last week. From the responses, most folks here are assuming between 6% and 10% price appreciation in the next year. I didn't vote on it but I'm in the same camp, AND, this is right in line with inflation which has been above 7% the last three months (that they will admit to). So my advice is that if you have the means, and plan to not sell in the short term, buy. Whenever you are ready, I'd love to help you. We've got many happy customers in Katy.

https://texags.com/forums/59/topics/3277475
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MAS444
AG
Don't try to time the market.
Martin Q. Blank
TJaggie14 said:

Houston is full, have you tried El Paso?
I thought Katy was a suburb of San Antonio.
mazag08
AG
If you do time the market, make sure you time it right.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
I remember in 2016 when i was house shopping my bro in law that knows everything betting me all he had a housing crash was coming and i was an idiot to be buying.
GoodAg84
AG
I am in agreement that Housing appreciation will continue at a pace of 10% or more. I also believe the Fed will continue with more rate hikes and they have now signaled selling off mortgage bonds, so mortgage rates will continue upward this year. The historically low mortgage rates may have passed, but in reality, even 4% yo 7% would fall below historical norms of the past 30 years. I have funded a number of mortgages for Red Pear customers and would be happy to help. We can even help you buy your Katy home before you sell your MO. Home. RPM-MTG.com/bbazar.
Gig Em!

one MEEN Ag
AG
Katy's full. Your options are now Fulshear for suburbia, Simonton for expensive farmland. Cane Island or Elyson is also available for those who want to risk living above I-10.

If you're gonna work in town, there's some newly remodeled homes along fry that now legally don't have to say those new floors they got in 2017 are from flooding.
JSKolache
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Katy's full. Your options are now Fulshear for suburbia, Simonton for expensive farmland. Cane Island or Elyson is also available for those who want to risk living above I-10.

If you're gonna work in town, there's some newly remodeled homes along fry that now legally don't have to say those new floors they got in 2017 are from flooding.
Preach.
mazag08
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

El Campo, Needville, Wharton, and Sealy are also good options. Start there.
GoodAg84
AG
I am a lender with over 35 years in the biz. I would be happy to provide assistance. Contact me and/or get
no cost preapproval apply online at rpm-mtg.com/bbazar
Gig Em!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.