Real Estate
Sponsored by

Getting A Ranch Loan for Non Income Producing Ranch

2,513 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hanrahan
Jimmy Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How difficult is it to get a 50-60% LTV loan on a non income producing ranch? (Second home).

Assuming borrower has good credit, and his income to debt ratio can handle more debt.
dsvogel05
AG
If you have a good equity and liquidity position and have sufficient cash flow, it should not be a problem to get a 50 to 60% loan. Where do you live and where are you buying property? I'm biased, but I'd look at Farm Credit.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Not difficult at all to finance given those criteria. But with COVID, everyone and their mom has been trying to do the same thing for the last months, so finding the property has been the really difficult part. We helped several posters on this forum buy and sell rural properties and ranches around Texas this year. Would love to help you too, and get you a nice rebate to cover closing costs and maybe more.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
SteveBott
AG
Easy.
KC_Ag14
AG
As easy as making a call to your local Capital Farm Credit office.
Jimmy Conway
KC_Ag14 said:

They do not lend anything on non-income producing property. Just talked to them.
jja79
AG
So it's not easy.
KC_Ag14
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

KC_Ag14 said:

They do not lend anything on non-income producing property. Just talked to them.

Interesting. That's surprising. When you say "ranch," how many acres are we talking? Is the home the majority value of the property, or the dirt?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Two data points off the top of my head from Capital Farm Credit from this summer. First deal they funded was 20 acres of raw land for a future homestead. Second deal they funded was over 200 acres being used for a second home.

This applies to all debt....

Just because one lender, or possibly even one employee of a lender, tells you something can't be done...that doesn't mean that it can't be done. It just means you haven't found the right person/lender yet.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Two data points off the top of my head from Capital Farm Credit from this summer. First deal they funded was 20 acres of raw land for a future homestead. Second deal they funded was over 200 acres being used for a second home.

This applies to all debt....

Just because one lender, or possibly even one employee of a lender, tells you something can't be done...that doesn't mean that it can't be done. It just means you haven't found the right person/lender yet.
Correct! Details are important to this deal.
What is the "ranch" size, what is the home going to be worth vs the land value, where is your primary home? That's just for starters.
Most importantly the statement that the ranch is non income producing is irrelevant, the borrower just need to show income sufficient to repay all debt, including the new loan they are seeking.
CapitalFarmCredit
Sponsor
Jimmy Conway said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Please give us at 979-775-0404, ask for Pat. Thanks and Gig'em.
Sponsor Message:Whether looking to become a rural land owner, buy that ideal hunting property or finance your farm or ranching operation- with Capital Farm Credit, you're covered.
And our patronage dividend program means we share our profits and put money back in your pocket.

Together we’re better. Call 877-944-5500 or visit https://www.capitalfarmcredit.com/ to find out how.

AG
Not true
jja79
AG
As mentioned you might fill in some details. You mentioned it's a 2nd home. Is that your primary motivation? How many acres is the property?
samsal75
AG
Deal with a local bank in the county where you are purchasing the land.
CapitalFarmCredit
Sponsor
1939 said:

Not true
1939's right, you know.

https://vimeo.com/395986748

Sponsor Message:Whether looking to become a rural land owner, buy that ideal hunting property or finance your farm or ranching operation- with Capital Farm Credit, you're covered.
And our patronage dividend program means we share our profits and put money back in your pocket.

Together we’re better. Call 877-944-5500 or visit https://www.capitalfarmcredit.com/ to find out how.

Hanrahan
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Say what? I've closed two transactions with them this year for 280 acres of land that is definitely NOT producing any income. It's doing quite the opposite to my wallet!! But I absolutely love it!
Hanrahan
AG
Hanrahan said:

Jimmy Conway said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Edit: And I did 20% down. Only to get the best rate, otherwise could have done half of that.

Say what? I've closed two transactions with them this year for 280 acres of land that is definitely NOT producing any income. It's doing quite the opposite to my wallet!! But I absolutely love it!
Hanrahan
AG
Ddp
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.