Real Estate
Sponsored by

Red Pear Realty Feedback

9,377 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Red Pear Felipe
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Howdy Ags,

We are starting this thread as a way to help potential future clients understand the level of service that they can expect to receive if they decide to buy or sell with us. We get the "But what is the catch?" question a lot, and wanted to make an easy way to point future clients to real feedback from TexAgs users.

In order to keep it as relevant as possible to future clients, please only post if you are a current or former Red Pear Realty client offering your feedback or insights. If you would like to contact us with a question about buying or selling, please send us a PM here, or an email to save@myredpear.com.

Thank you!

The Red Pear Realty Team
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
singer10
AG
I used Red Pear to sell my town house in Houston. I paid a one time fee up front and no additional commissions paid on the back end. Jamie and his team were great to work with. The paperwork process upon closing went extremely smoothly. No complaints at all and would happily use them again when buying or selling in the future. Saved 5 figures over using a traditional realtor.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I bought a house with Jamie and had a great experience. The "catch" is I've never met him. We basically did the whole transaction over the phone/email. So that means I had to find a way to see the houses, schedule inspections, go to closing, etc. without him. I think he does charge a fee to do a showing, but we weren't in a rush and used open houses. The seller's realtor showed up for the inspection.

In the end it saved me 2% which was great. I've bought several houses in the past so I knew the process, but needed someone to bounce negotiating ideas off of, draw up the contract, interact with the seller's realtor, etc. Most seller's realtors don't want to work directly with buyers.

I'd recommend him to a buyer who knows what they're looking for (neighborhood, budget, finding houses online), willing to do some leg work, and can schedule showings on their own. Basically doesn't need a realtor to hold their hand. I'd definitely use him again.
Aggie1391
I had a slightly different experience level than the poster above when it came to buying houses. Since this was my first house, I had a lot of questions about the entire process and Jamie was there to answer my questions the whole way.

I found a house I liked and called Jamie to see if he could schedule a viewing. He set one up and we looked at the house the very next day. From that moment on, he was very helpful in the entire process, providing insight during the walk through, during negotiations, and throughout the closing process. Being a first time home buyer, I had numerous questions and Jamie made sure to quickly respond to all of them. He made sure my closing went smoothly even though he was on vacation at Disney with his family.

In the end, I saved almost $8,000 by using Jamie's company over a typical realtor that would take 3%. Jamie will be the first person I call when I buy my next house
drumbeat10
I used Jamie and Janet to sell my house in Spring Branch. They came over for a quick walk through and helped me decide on how much cosmetic work to put into it before selling. They suggested a photographer who did great work for a very reasonable price. They did a great job with answering my questions. I did write the listing text for the online listing but that is something I would have wanted to have control over regardless of who wrote the first draft.

Because I saved so much using them to list the house, I felt comfortable listing for a bit lower to undercut the competition in the neighborhood, and ended up selling within about a week. I had already moved out and into a new house at this point so I was looking for a quick sale and felt like I got a fair price and they negotiated well on my behalf. I honestly can't see any reason why you wouldn't use them when selling a house.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Used Jamie to buy a house and we were sold on using him from the first conversation. Outstanding performance throughout the process and he definitely answered all of our questions promptly. Jamie did a great job navigating the shenanigans the seller's agent was pulling and protected our interests with how he worded our offers. He put up with a ton of questions from us gracefully. I love his business model and his approach to the property buying as well, as he is very numbers oriented.

I've been recommending him to all that even briefly mention an interest in buying a house.

As a side note I had a buddy who was super interested in using Jamie. They had found a beautiful house, did the open house tour, and were ready to put an offer on it. I was explaining to him, you need to use Jamie - this is a $9,000 savings as you already know this is the house. But we were too late as the wife had already told her best friend that she could be their realtor. Despite his protests, she said she wasn't ruining the friendship over it and so suck it up. These weren't real spoken words, but just certain looks that a wife only has to give. Since this all unfolded in my living room (in the house Jamie helped us buy), I made to sure to tell my buddy that if he ever found a way to save 9k by not using me professionally for something, I wouldn't be offended in the slightest.

So Jamie's got a brilliant strategy that I see explosive growth for in the future, but he's gotta overcome wives refusing to look at the numbers. My buddy makes enough, he'll survive-and that's part of the problem here.
mattybopp
AG
A family member recommended I use Red Pear to sell my home in Fort Worth. This was my first time selling a home and was nervous at first about using an agent outside of DFW. Thankfully I stuck with Jamie and the entire process flowed smoothly. We did not meet in person during this process, nor did Jamie have the opportunity to walk the property.

• We got professional photos done (big time must have)
  • Red Pear pulled comps to come up with an educated listing price. (I had a general idea of what I wanted, but this helped)
  • Jamie wrote the listing and it was off the the races.
  • We got our first showing within a few hours of posting it online!
  • Less than a week later we had multiple offers. Jamie offered his advice throughout the negotiations and we picked a winner.

• Jamie walked me through any snags or hiccups during the inspection/closing process
  • Saved 7,000 compared to a generic 3% commission

TLDR (Too Long Didnt Read).

Selling a house shouldn't cost 3%, good photos and a professional guide (Red Pear) is all you need.
tweekac
AG
Unlike MEEN Ag's buddy, we decided to give Jamie a shot over multiple realtor friends. We used Red Pear for both the purchase and sale of our homes this past year, and saved over $12k versus going the traditional realtor 3% model. While we were a little skeptical of the business model going into it all, it's a no brainer looking back at it now.

For the home purchase, we did most of our home viewing through open houses, but also used the ala carte showing option that Red Pear offers, which I think is great because you only pay for what you use. Once we found the house we wanted, everything was pretty traditional as far as making offers, preparing contracts, and closing.

With the home sale, Jamie came out and viewed the property, scheduled professional photos for the listing, and ran the comps just as most realtors would, but at a fraction of the cost. We had a signed contract in under a week, at a price above our expected sale price. We couldn't have imagined a more seamless process!

For both transactions, Jamie was always able to address our questions and concerns, and was readily accessible throughout each process. Friendly and professional, Jamie and Red Pear would be our first recommendation to anyone looking to sell or purchase a home.

090909ag
We used Red Pear for our first home purchase. Jamie was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Saving 2% made a big difference with out tight budget. He promptly helped us with anything we needed and helped us with comps and gave us great advice on bargaining for a better price. He walked my wife and I through the home buying process and made the process very easy. Highest recommendations.
jakeaggie84
AG
My wife an I used Jamie to buy our house last year. We were staying in the same neighborhood so we knew exactly what we wanted and where. No need to spend a bunch of money on a traditional realtor with our scenario.

We looked at only 2 house and made an offer and got credited the buyer agent commission on our closing. Some lender rule said we couldn't use All of the credit at closing. We were going to use Jamie to sell our old house, so we decided he could keep a bit more of the commission and he wouldn't charge us to sell our house. He was very flexible and took care of us on both sides of the transaction. So about $9000 towards my closing costs for buying the house.

Selling the house was a bit more stressful as most of understand. He was great. Met just 2 times and let the house sell itself. Saved about $8000 selling the house.

So in total Jamie saved me about $17k!

No real catch with his system. I guess some people might need the "traditional full service" realtor, but for us it was perfect.
one MEEN Ag
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

My wife an I used Jamie to buy our house last year. We were staying in the same neighborhood so we knew exactly what we wanted and where. No need to spend a bunch of money on a traditional realtor with our scenario.

We looked at only 2 house and made an offer and got credited the buyer agent commission on our closing. Some lender rule said we couldn't use All of the credit at closing. We were going to use Jamie to sell our old house, so we decided he could keep a bit more of the commission and he wouldn't charge us to sell our house. He was very flexible and took care of us on both sides of the transaction. So about $9000 towards my closing costs for buying the house.

Selling the house was a bit more stressful as most of understand. He was great. Met just 2 times and let the house sell itself. Saved about $8000 selling the house.

So in total Jamie saved me about $17k!

No real catch with his system. I guess some people might need the "traditional full service" realtor, but for us it was perfect.
Next time you run into this problem, you need to go shop for the most expensive home insurance plan possible.

It'll raise your closing costs, absorb your closing credit from Jamie, and then once the dust settles in a month or two go get a competitive home insurance policy. Home insurance then cuts you the big check. Also a good way to clear our some of the extra padding on your escrow account.
one MEEN Ag
AG
My Dad Earl
AG
My wife and I used Jamie when we sold our house in Crowley last month. Even though he is from Houston, he was able to provide an accurate market analysis for our house and it ended up appraising for exactly what he predicted. He is very professional, quick to respond, and definitely kept our interests at heart. At the end of the day, we ended up saving over $5000 on selling agent commissions by using his services! I recommend Jamie to anyone needing to sell their house. Not only do you pay a cheap flat-fee, you get a realtor who works just as hard as any agent receiving a 3% commission. I will certainly be using him again in the future.
fightinag04
AG
My wife and and I used Jamie for two recent transactions - one to purchase a home and one to rent a home.

There's a lot of feedback here on purchasing a home w/ Jamie and Janet, so I'll just add that our experience was outstanding. Jamie was responsive and candid with us, and has a gut feeling on what to do next to push deals forward. I would definitely use Red Pear Realty again to buy or sell a home and recommend anyone in the market check them out, especially if you already have an idea of what you want and where.

Since nobody here has posted their experience as a landlord, I'll provide more details on that aspect. For context, we have owned several rental properties out of state, and this was the first one we have had in our hometown of Houston that we have managed ourselves from start to finish. From the get go Jamie was eager to provide tips and feedback on things we should do in updating the house to get the rent range we were targeting. Once the house had been listed on the MLS, he was quick to answer questions regarding screening of tenants, when to adjust rates and how best to show the home when the perspective tenant was not using a realtor. Once we had several applications, he helped us filter through them and identify potential red flags down the road. He also helped us deal with the now tenant's agent who threw several curve balls toward the end.

Overall the cost of listing with him pales in comparison to the value he added throughout the process.

Like buying and selling a home, I would not hesitate to work with Jamie again as a landlord and would be happy to be a reference for anyone considering using him.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Do you service the Corpus area by chance? Email is in profile.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Do you service the Corpus area by chance? Email is in profile.

Right now we are a member of 7 different MLS groups around Texas, but if we aren't a member already for your area, we are happy to join and help you sell (or buy) your house.

I'll send you an email shortly.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
aggiebq03+
I'll add another glowing review for the Red Pear Realty team.

We were selling our home on northeast side of Houston as we relocated back overseas for a job assignment. We listed last fall which turned out for the area we were in to be terrible timing, especially with all the virus stuff shutting things down through the spring time for that area. Through the whole process we had excellent support and communication, and were fortunate that things seem to have recently picked up as we went from a handful of showings early this year to multiple offers in the last few months. We struggled through a few poor offers and determining our lower end price we would drop to, but we ended up with a buyer finally at full asking price (proving we had excellent advice on listing price of course!).

We for sure had excellent help, all the way from the start through selecting a title company who was able to work with sellers half way around the world and close with POA for one of my family to sign everything for us. Can't recommend the team they have highly enough!

Thanks Jamie and Janet!
Aggiejue
AG
Are these services available in the San Antonio area, Bexar County specifically?
Aggiejue
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Aggiejue said:

Are these services available in the San Antonio area, Bexar County specifically?

Yes! We help buyers and sellers across Texas, and right now we have two agents in the San Antonio area. We'd love to discuss how we can help.
Grown Pear
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup as they say.

Wanted to provide some feedback as the wife and I are settling quite nicely into our new home thanks to Jamie, Janet, and the Red Pear Realty team.

My wife and I had been bouncing around the idea of moving out of Houston and onto some property. We really do a lot of online looking and research on our own searching HAR, Zillow, etc and pretty much know what we want to look at and what we don't. Found a beautiful farm property but it was already under contract by the time we finally decided to inquire about it.

Wife was really disappointed but we kept dreaming about options. Then came along a really cool property in Brenham. Called up Red Pear Realty and we were out looking at two properties within 48 hours. Immediately knew we felt at home in this place and wanted to put in an offer.

There were at least six showings that weekend and Jamie walked us through our options, had comps to us that same day, and answered all the questions we had. Although I had contacts for inspection, insurance, and mortgage... in all three cases I ended up going with Jamie's referral. The responsiveness I received from everyone was on point and made this deal go through extremely smoothly and quickly. Not only were rates/prices fair I was dealing with Aggies and it was low stress. Win-win.

When it comes to real estate each property is unique and different. Most importantly to me, Jame & Co. were so responsive and quick to help us out, we wouldn't have gotten our dream home without them (there were multiple offers on the place). Second, their team are just genuinely good people. Third, they saved us quite a bit of money with closing costs (to the tune of $10k).

Highly recommend Red Pear, particularly if you look online yourself and know what you're looking for, like low stress transactions and don't mind saving money over the outdated traditional realtor fee system!

ETA - I (Grown Pear) am in no way related to or affiliated with Red Pear LOL
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Y'all were really fun to work with, and you have an incredible home. Hopefully we earned an invite to some shindigs!

(No relation, ha, I love it!)
Mortgage Man
AG
I have closed several mortgage loans this past year where Red Pear was the buyer's agent. The 2% rebate from Red Pear is a significant contribution to helping clients with closing costs and down payments. I recommend Red Pear to all of you thinking of buying or selling a home. As a flat fee lender, I recognize the value in the flat fee model.
Gig Em! '84

Brian@TxBestHomeLoans.com
Highway6
AG
Want to share our experience with Jamie and Red Pear Realty.

My husband and I owned a condo in downtown Ft. Worth that we needed to sell last year. After reading about Red Pear here on this board, I called Jamie and discussed our situation. We decided to list with him. Loved working with Jamie and can't thank him enough.

He really did go above and beyond. For example, when the unit didn't sell right away and we obtained a lease permit from the HOA, Jamie switched our listing over to rental and gave us tons of advice on the process of finding good renters and being landlords. We eventually decided not to rent, so Jamie re-listed the unit for sale--all without charging extra.

When we did get an offer and encountered a few issues before closing, his instincts and advice were golden.
Loved walking out of closing with thousands of dollars in our pockets that we saved by listing with Red Pear!

All in all, an excellent experience.

ChaseKelley09
6 star service! Jamie Poirier and Red Pear Reality took amazing care of me and my family. I trusted my home buying experience to the Aggie network and I was not disappointed. I am in the military and we have moved many times since leaving Aggieland and this was our best experience purely because of Jamie's help. He helped us find the perfect home at an amazing price with a tight timeline for our PCS. He was always available to answer our questions and provide helpful advice. The current market is crazy but Jamie was so good that it relieved much of the home buying anxiety. I will not hesitate to use Red Pear for all future realty needs and I strongly recommend that others do the same.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Closing today on selling my home and let me just say Jack Fernandez with Red Pear did amazing. He got thrown so many curve balls and knocked them all out of the park. I'll talk about my situation on its own thread later today but wanted to just take a moment to give Jack praise for doing a great job.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I recently had the pleasure of working with Felipe Mendoza as my realtor to sell my house, and I can confidently say that he exceeded all of my expectations. From the very beginning, Felipe was incredibly professional and knowledgeable, guiding me through the process and answering any questions I had along the way. He took the time to truly understand my needs and preferences, and he worked tirelessly to ensure that my house was presented in the best possible light to potential buyers. Thanks again for all of the hard work!
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
Thunderstruck xx
Felipe Mendoza with Red Pear recently helped my wife and I sell our home in Austin. We were first time home sellers, and Felipe was excellent with answering all of our questions about the selling process. He was always available when we needed to discuss anything either by phone, text, or email. He also provided great tips for getting our home ready for sale and strategies for us to consider in order to close the deal on the sale. With Felipe's expertise, our home went under contract in about 40 days which was quicker than the average time on the market at the time (I think about 60 days). Felipe was very professional and considerate in all of his dealings with us. I highly recommend Felipe for selling your home in Austin or the Austin area!
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
It was a real pleasure working with you and your wife. I wish you all the best of success and CONGRATULATIONS on your new home!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
AgREFin
AG
Howdy All!

I had the pleasure of working with Felipe Mendoza in Austin for my first home purchase. Felipe took the time to meet with me several times over the course of my search, despite having to drive across town to do so. He was knowledgeable in the state of the market and how hard to negotiate with the sellers on different business points, and generally helped make the first-time homebuying experience an easy one. The Red Pear Rebate was, of course, the cherry on top of an already great experience!

I would highly recommend working with Felipe if you're looking around the greater Austin area.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Yessir! Thanks so much for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you. Let me know when you when you have the housewarming party!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.